Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #706
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
One last post for the evening and then I am done--I promise

I was just logged into my DCL account and thought I would check for those of you still making plans and finally able to book Palo in (I think) 5 days.

Brunch--fully booked already (sorry; I didn't take one I promise)
Tea--openings on Sunday
Dinner--openings every day except day 3. Days 2 and 5 have less availability than the others.
Thanks Hadley!
That helps a lot as we have no access to availability until we can actually book

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #707
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Is anyone planning on just using blank 4x6 index cards for autographs instead of using autograph books?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #708
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
Is anyone planning on just using blank 4x6 index cards for autographs instead of using autograph books?
You mean people can get autographs of others on the ship like the housekeeping staff, waiters and lifeguards??????

Past Disney Visits:
Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #709
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
I made small autograph books for my kids that ended up close to that size. I wanted something small and compact so I bought 8.5X11 card stock of different colors and cut each piece into 4 pieces. Then I cut down the cover and binding of a large scrapbook to match the size of the card stock and covered the covers in Mickey fabric that I had left over from my FE. I punched holes in the paper and rewound with the binding. Since we are also going to WDW, I made them with quite a few pages each. I will have a black sharpie for the lighter colored pages and a silver sharpie for the darker color pages. Here is a picture:

It was very simple to make and will keep everything together. I usually make big autograph books with detail but wanted to keep it simple this year.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #710
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Marika and Rio are well passt the character autograph stage, but when they were younger their favourite way to do it was to have the cahracters autograph plain white bucket hats (from the dollar store) with sharpies in a variety of colors. They would wear the hats all the next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
You mean people can get autographs of others on the ship like the housekeeping staff, waiters and lifeguards??????
I know yo uare joking, but we have done that On the Transatlantic they gave us a lovely coffe table book about the trip about midway through. We decided to have all the people who made the trip special for us sign it. This included many friends we made onboard, our waitstaff, our stateroom host, all the CMs in the lab and many of the cruise staff. It is my all time favourite vacation souvineer

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #711
carmie3377

Quote:
Marika and Rio are well passt the character autograph stage, but when they were younger their favourite way to do it was to have the cahracters autograph plain white bucket hats (from the dollar store) with sharpies in a variety of colors. They would wear the hats all the next summer.
DD10 still enjoys meeting the characters (and so do I but don't tell anyone!). We don't aim for all the characters, but we always try to get the ones we've never met and then we have our favorites that we like to get each time.

Quote:
I know yo uare joking, but we have done that On the Transatlantic they gave us a lovely coffe table book about the trip about midway through. We decided to have all the people who made the trip special for us sign it. This included many friends we made onboard, our waitstaff, our stateroom host, all the CMs in the lab and many of the cruise staff. It is my all time favourite vacation souvineer
That is a great idea! One year, we had a CM from each country in Epcot sign a blank piece of cardstock. We then requested that they write a short message in their language. We took DD's picture with these CM and then posted the picture on the card stock that they signed. It was great addition to our autograph book. We got a confused look from a couple of the CMs but most of them were thrilled to do it.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #712
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

Love the magnet! Will PM you once I get 2 more posts in so it will let me!

Fluvanna
fluvannaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #713
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

Mine was Science (became a chemist)
Jerry's was math (and he double majored in Computer Science and Math)
daughter Jessica likes History best right now.

Fluvanna
fluvannaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #714
NHdisneylover

I apologize for the WIDE post. I have never been able to figure out how to resize the photos so this doesn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post

Thanks Hadley!
That helps a lot as we have no access to availability until we can actually book
I am glad it helps. I will try to check again a day or so before and post what I find. Good luck getting everythign you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
NHDisneyLover--Kidani does actually have a refillable mug station in the back of the gift shop in the lobby area. It's immediately to the right when you walk in the right entrance of Jahari Treasures. They also have some refrigerated food items if you want breakfast items or a snack.
I missed this before. THANKS. It is a silly little thing but it is something that makes the vacation more fun for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
DD10 still enjoys meeting the characters (and so do I but don't tell anyone!). We don't aim for all the characters, but we always try to get the ones we've never met and then we have our favorites that we like to get each time.

That is a great idea! One year, we had a CM from each country in Epcot sign a blank piece of cardstock. We then requested that they write a short message in their language. We took DD's picture with these CM and then posted the picture on the card stock that they signed. It was great addition to our autograph book. We got a confused look from a couple of the CMs but most of them were thrilled to do it.
I love the EPCOT idea I hope I did not come across as meaning that my kids are too old for characters. All i meant was we have been so often that waiting in line for signatures no longer thrills them, so we aren't doing it anymore. I think it is GREAT when people of all ages can still be kids at heart at Disney (that's what it is all about, right?).

Since we have been talking about how to dress for pirate night, I dug up a photo from about 2 years ago whic hshows us all in "full dress." This is the most our family does-->VERY much in costume, but not nearly good enough to be mistaken for a cast member. None of these pieces made it over the Atlantic except for the kids' shirts (which only fit Rio now) so I have no idea what I will pull together for this cruise

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #715
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since we have been talking about how to dress for pirate night, I dug up a photo from about 2 years ago whic hshows us all in "full dress." This is the most our family does-->VERY much in costume, but not nearly good enough to be mistaken for a cast member.
That pic gives me a few ideas for us as a family! Thanks! (though we won't be going all out)

Past Disney Visits:
Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #716
Tower
DIS Veteran

P.S. Hadley. Either David is pretty darn tall, or you're very petite. (not much taller than a 10 year old Marika)

Hope we don't lose you in the crowd

Past Disney Visits:
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #717
NHdisneylover

I am dead on average at 5'5" (165 cm) Marika (now 12) is almost 5'7" (170 cm) She take after her dad--he's 6'5" (196 cm). I had boots with 2" heels on in that photo!

Oh, and we will not be going all out this time either--no time or money to work on it

Last edited by NHdisneylover; 09-18-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #718
carmie3377

Quote:

I love the EPCOT idea I hope I did not come across as meaning that my kids are too old for characters. All i meant was we have been so often that waiting in line for signatures no longer thrills them, so we aren't doing it anymore. I think it is GREAT when people of all ages can still be kids at heart at Disney (that's what it is all about, right?).
Oh, I know what you mean. If it were up to DH, we wouldn't do the pics and autographs anymore. He says there are so many other things to be doing. We compromise though and do some of the autographs. I'm sure we'll get to the point where we won't do it either.

Quote:
I am dead on average at 5'5" (165 cm) Marika (now 12) is almost 5'7" (170 cm) She take after her dad--he's 6'5" (196 cm).
And I thought DD10 was tall at 4'11"! I'm just a hair under 5'6" and I figure she'll be getting close to me by the time she's 12. She grew 3 inches in the last year and if she keeps up that pace, she will be close.

Quote:
Oh, and we will not be going all out this time either--no time or money to work on it
We were at the party store last night and checked out all the pirate gear. Boy, is it expensive! It would easily cost a few hundred to deck us all out. I think we'll stick with our idea of Captain Jack POTC jerseys for the guys and pirate tees for DD and I. Everything is black/red/white so I think it'll all look good together. If I knew how to sew I would do it. I was able to pull off our FE, but don't think I could sew a garment. Never tried and not about too this late in the game.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:36 AM   #719
NHdisneylover

Yeah, I kepttelling Marika she had to wait until she was at least 13 to outgrow me, but the darn girl didn't listen and hit my heighth while still 11 I think I am safe with Rio though (he takes after my side of the family physically). Funny, they are almost exactly two years apart but people generally guess him about 1-2 years younger than he is and her several years older. They have even had a few people this year think she is his mother

I think your t-shirts will be cute. Lots of people go that way and it works very well. The did sew the costumes in that photo (not much to them) but fabric here is pricey I am so not paying 9 euro a meter for basic fabric--I doubt I'll even do a new fish extender at that price

Old 09-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #720
mrstbalt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Will do And, welcome and congrats on your first cruise (warning they are addictive)

Today was Marika and Rio's first day at a German public school. They were absolute nervous wrecks about it for the last couple of weeks, but I am happy to say it went well and they came home feeling much better.
I am happy to hear their first day went well!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: