Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #676
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Today was Marika and Rio's first day at a German public school. They were absolute nervous wrecks about it for the last couple of weeks, but I am happy to say it went well and they came home feeling much better.
So, I guess they've got the language down now eh? If you guys want to keep secrets from those around you on the ship, just speak German. Less likely to be understood. (My parents spoke Dutch when they wanted to talk in front of us secretly and, though our French is poor, we occasionally do the same with Canada's second language)

Just the same, I'm sure they'll be ready to adjust to English for the cruise

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #677
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

I found this on another thread and thought it would fun to do here for the FE to get to know each other. Please PM me when you fill it out so I can make a list and then forward it to the others who are participating in the FE. You don't have to answer everything. Thanks

Dis Name:
Name(s) and ages of those in Cabin:
Cabin #:
Dinning:
Celebrating anything on board:
Favorite Disney character(s):
# of Disney Cruise you've been on:
Favorite Color:
Any Allergies (nuts, milk etc)?:
Favorite Snack Food/candy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
If anyone is interested in a fish extender gift exchange I made this magnet design we could use. It's the same one I desinged for the year just added our destinations and changed the date. I know it is still 2 years just wanted to post it for everyone.
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #678
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

So far we have 6 cabins participating in the FE (secret mickey)
Old 09-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #679
hurley03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Is that one of the newer DVC villas? Sorry I am not up on DVC names--but I know we are staying at one of the newer villas with my best friend the week before the cruise. We are seeing Fantasmic Friday night (6:30 show) and hten going to head back for an early evenign to do laundry and pack up before the cruise. Maybe we will bump into you.

Bears? Is that football (actually I do know that is Football--Chicago I think, but I am notoriously bad about actually not knowing who a team is or when a game is). Not a single member of my household follows any pro sports so we tend to be kind of oblivious

We have loved to dress up for Pirate night in the past. Not as all out as some (homemade costumes by me) and NOT with a Disney theme. However, I did not have space to bring any costumes (other than Rio's shirt) when we moved. Fabric here is outrageously expensive (basic broadcloth seems to run about 9 Euros a meter) so I am not sure if I will manage to pull somehting together or not. I think we are sailing with your "Captain Jack" on the TA. Honestly it bothers me that DCL let him off the ship in costume at Castaway Cay. At WDW adults can only wear costumes for MNNSHP. I can see allowing it for the pirate party, but even then (becuase it is soooo much like the "real" one) and certainly at other times I think it is kind of dangerous to allow someone whose costumes is so "good" it fools even adults and who stays "in character" rather than telling everyone he is just a guest to wander freely on the island/ship. I am sure he is a nice guy who just really like that character and dressing up, but it could so easily turn into a bad situation where a child or parent trusts this "employee" and something goes wrong.
Sorry--off my soap box now

Heading over to page 40 to add you now
Hi nhdisneylover,
I agree with you totally about the fake jack sparrow. not good.
I don't have kids with me anymore, but if I did, I would be a little
wary of strangers like him. we will be doing the pirate tshirts for pirate night
with some comfy jeans.

I thought we might recognize you by your german accent around the ship,
but you are from CT?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #680
hurley03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I found this on another thread and thought it would fun to do here for the FE to get to know each other. Please PM me when you fill it out so I can make a list and then forward it to the others who are participating in the FE. You don't have to answer everything. Thanks

Dis Name:
Cabin #:
Dinning:
Favorite Color:
==
Hi!
I will be glad to PM you this info, when I get our cabin number.
is there a deadline to when you need it by?
and do you know approximately when we will get our lists of the
secret santa-mickey exchange?
thanks!
doreen
Old 09-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #681
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
So, I guess they've got the language down now eh? If you guys want to keep secrets from those around you on the ship, just speak German. Less likely to be understood. (My parents spoke Dutch when they wanted to talk in front of us secretly and, though our French is poor, we occasionally do the same with Canada's second language)

Just the same, I'm sure they'll be ready to adjust to English for the cruise
They are still working on the language--but learning fast now They go to a really unique and wonderful public international school which works with non native speakers all the time. There are 1800 kids from 120 different countries there. An entire week (2 actually because we get WDW--where we can always be understood is pretty exciting though)

Quote:

Dis Name:
Cabin #:
Dinning:
Favorite Color:
Great idea-- iwill send you the info tonight after we get back from dinner (going out to celebrate the start of school--our favourite place is closed on Mondays). I also love the magnet.
I know I owe you a PM--I will try to get to that tonight also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley03 View Post
Hi nhdisneylover,

I thought we might recognize you by your german accent around the ship,
but you are from CT?
Actually we moved here from New Hampshire in February. I have lived in 9 US states (but not CT) as well as Spain--and now Germany. Not sure what accent I might have--but not German. DH does have German family and relatives though (they actually live about a half hour from us--so fun to visit for holidays, birthdays and the like).

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #682
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley03 View Post
==
Hi!
I will be glad to PM you this info, when I get our cabin number.
is there a deadline to when you need it by?
and do you know approximately when we will get our lists of the
secret santa-mickey exchange?
thanks!
doreen
I will probably send the list out at the end of this month with a final copy the last week of november because I am almost positive there will be some changes... if the upgrade fairy shows up to our cruise

Wow I am going to have to change my FE gift I was planning out giving out 30-40 things but now we are looking at 10... If you all do not mind I will have a sign up for which day you would like to deliver on so there will be a surprise each day, because I would hate for everybody to deliver on day one then have the kiddos disappointed for the rest of the week. (man I wish they would make a santa mickey smilie instead of this guy)

Last edited by mommyoftwinfants; 09-15-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling... of course...lol
Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #683
NHdisneylover

Quote:
I will probably send the list out at the end of this month with a final copy the last week of november because I am almost positive there will be some changes... if the upgrade fairy shows up to our cruise

Wow I am going to have to change my FE gift I was planning out giving out 30-40 things but now we are looking at 10... If you all do not mind I will have a sign up for which day you would like to deliver on so there will be a suprise each day, because I would hate for everybody to deliver on day one then have the kiddos dissapointed for the rest of the week. (man I wish they would make a santa mickey smilie instead of this guy)
If we must choose a day; I would like the day we are getting off in St. Thomas--as we will likely not leave the ship. We may do more than one item though--so if thing show up on other days as well please do not be upset (I think we will have a day 1 or 2 item but it is smaller and not mostly just to get something and not much else).

Oh, and THANKS for lining everything up

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #684
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we must choose a day; I would like the day we are getting off in St. Thomas--as we will likely not leave the ship. We may do more than one item though--so if thing show up on other days as well please do not be upset (I think we will have a day 1 or 2 item but it is smaller and not mostly just to get something and not much else).

Oh, and THANKS for lining everything up
Alright then you have Wednesday. Your two days will be great. I am also doing a 1 gift per cabin with a few little things to throw in too just so everyone can get a little surprise (including us big kids). I will take what ever days we have left since we only have 6 cabins participating.

Saturday - Taken
Sunday - Available
Monday - Available
Tuesday - Available
Wednesday - Taken
Thursday - Available
Friday - Available
Old 09-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #685
deebits
Evil Queen

I will take Sunday for the FE.

deebits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #686
NHdisneylover

Well, here it is Wednesday and we have not yet had a Question of the week so here goes (sorry it is not really Disney/cruised themed, but hopefully it helps us all get to know one another better anyway) Sinci it is the back to school time of year, What was/is your favourite school subject?

Me: English (literature, composition, theatre, etc.) and home ec. classes
Marika: swimming (it is a class here in Germany for everybody!) and English classes
Rio: Math and science

I'll have to ask Dave tonight. I don't know what he would answer

Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 AM   #687
NHdisneylover

Quote:
So far we have 6 cabins participating in the FE (secret mickey)
I have 6 on the roll call who said they were, not counting you! I don't have you on the roll call!!! I need your info We should look at the two lists and try to figure out where the descrepancy is

Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 AM   #688
Tower
DIS Veteran

What was/is your favourite school subject?

Me: In grade 8 I received a general proficiency award meaning I was good in pretty well all subjects. I thought, ok, I'm good in everything and will be an honour roll student. Well, after starting high school, my english grade went down, my science grade (biological) was disgusting, french was not too far behind but my math was 90's. I got into my math and math-based subjects because they were easiest for me so I guess that still holds since I am an engineer now.
Christine: She always loved geology/geography (and loves to travel that geography!) Ended up in food science though
Erik: Math and Religion
Holly: Loves all subjects. In grade 1 and I don't think there is a subject she doesn't like right now.
Peter: Anything having to do with race cars. (Ok he's not in school yet at 2 1/2 so I can only guess). He's very physical though so it may be Physical Education.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 AM   #689
texdisneygal
Mouseketeer

What was/is your favourite school subject?

Me: Band (Bassoon), History, Humanities, Law - so I became an attorney

Ben: Band (Trumpet), Math, Science, Computers - which is why he is an engineer

Our kids will be very well rounded if they inherit both of our strong suits, but they will need a lot of help if they inherit our weaknesses!

Disney Dream January 2-6, 2013 / Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009
Animal Kingdom Villas - Dec. 2009, Oct. 2010, July 2012, Jan. 2013 / Old Key West - Feb. 2007, Dec. 2008, Oct. 2010, Dec. 2012 / Beach Club Villas - Dec. 2008
Grand Californian - May 2007, May 2008, May 2009, Jan. 2010, May 2010, June 2012
texdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #690
Hanover
DIS Veteran

NHDisneyLover--Kidani does actually have a refillable mug station in the back of the gift shop in the lobby area. It's immediately to the right when you walk in the right entrance of Jahari Treasures. They also have some refrigerated food items if you want breakfast items or a snack.

Favorite school subjects:

Me (Danielle): Science, History and Volleyball (specialty gym class)

Derek (DH): History

Keegan (DS12): Math

Brennan (DS8): Math
Next WDW Trips: 6/3-6/10/2014 AKV;AKV Jambo Concierge 7/24-7/25; Beach Club 7/25-7/26; Vero Beach 7/26-7/31/2014; BLT 7/31-8/1/2014; BLT 10/19-10/22/2014 F&W Festival; MNSSHP; AKV Jambo Concierge 11/25-11/30/2014
Next DCL Cruises: 11/30/2014 Magic to Jamaica; Baltic 7/10/2015 Eastern Fantasy 11/2015

2/12-2/16/2014 4 Day Wonder Cruise Miami; 12/7/2013 AKV Jambo House Concierge; 11/30/2013 7 day Eastern Fantasy cruise; 11/26-11/30/2013 AKV Jambo House; 9/29-10/1/2013 BLT; Disneyland Paris 7/27/2013; 7/13-25/2013 Eastern Mediterranean Magic; 6/6-6/11/2013 Star Wars Weekends/AKV Jambo House Concierge; 2/7-2/12/2013 Saratoga Spring Resort;12 /6-12/9/2012 Jambo House Concierge; 12/2/2012 4 Day Dream; 11/30-12/2/2012 Jambo House Concierge;11/1-2/2012 AKV; 10/28/2012: 4 day Disney Dream/1st DCL trip minus our kids;10/27-28/2012 BLT; 1st Disneyland Trip: 8/6-8/12/2012;Disneyland Resort/Grand Californian; 6/7-6/12/2012 Jambo House/ Last Star Wars Weekend of 2012; 5/17-5/21/2012 AKV- Kidani/1st Star Wars Weekend of 2012; 1/1-1/2/2012: AKV Jambo House; 12/27-12/30/2011 AKV-Jambo House;12/3/2011 AKV-Kidani; 11/26/11 Western Magic; 11/22-26/2011 AKV-Kidani; 7/18-7/2011 AKV Kidani; 7/22-24/2011/Jambo House Concierge; 7/24/11 5 Night Dream Cruise; 7/29-30/2011AKV Jambo House Concierge; 7/31-8/2/2011 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/8-6/14/2011 AKV Kidani Village; 12/9-12/12/2010 AKV/MVMCP; 12/5/2010 4 Night Wonder; 12/3-12/5 AKV Jambo House concierge; 10/22-25/2010 AKV/MNSSHP; 7/18/2010 Magic Northern European Capitals/Baltic Cruise; 6/4-8/2010 AKV Jambo House Concierge/Star Wars Weekends; 1/31/09 Beach Club Villas; 1/28/10 3 Night Wonder; 12/12-12/13/2009 BLT;12/5-12/12 Eastern Magic to Tortola;12/3-12/5 AKV Jambo House Concierge;10/30-11/02 Kidani/BLT & MNSSHP;8/12-8/24/09 AKV/Kidani; 8/13/09 3 Day Wonder; 6/5-8/2009 Star Wars Weekends/AKV;1/31/09-2/5/09;2/1/09 4 Night Wonder;12/5-12/14/08 AKV;12/7 Mousefest cruise; 8/21-9/1/08 AKV; 4 Day Wonder 8/24; Pop Century for Free Dining!Pop Century for SWW 6/13-6/17/2008 AKV 4/24-4/29/08-AKV 12/2007-12/1/07 Western Magic cruise-VWL 11/2007 -10/07 BCV/1st DVC trip-7/7/07 11 Day DCL Med Cruise-Star Wars Weekends ASM/ POR/CSR June 2007- POR/CSR/ 3 Day Wonder/CBR December 4-11, 2006 - Offsite July 2006-Eastern Magic May 13-20, 2006 -Offsite May 2006 - CBR 1/2006-CBR 8/2005-Offsite 4/2005-AKL/Wonder Land & Sea vacation 2/2005-Offsite 12/2003-Offsite 4/2003-Offsite 7 & 8/2002-Offsite 11/99-CBR 11/96 (Honeymoon)-Offsite 3/87-Too many times to count 1982-1984 when living in Orlando-Offsite 1976- Offsite 1974-Offsite 1973
Hanover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: