Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #301
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Ok on my 15 minute break! there is a thread out there that has you list you top favorite moments at DW. I listed mine and Cry as I am typing them!

one of them is..

When I get on the ME and they start that bloody video total waterworks Then the bus drivers announces welcome to Disney World and every claps I am just wiping the tears away totally overwhelmed and excited!

carmie3377 wait until your on the bus to PC and you come over the bridge and you see the ship....I look and sound like the cowardly lion when I cry

My husbands just hold my hand he has the look of "nothing to see here people move along eveyone she'll be fine move along"

ok gotta go my public needs me
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #302
PirateMaiden
Family calls me CruEllen! HMMM???

HappyGrumpy,

Thought I was the only one that cried when the video was on, my child thinks I've lost my mind. I swear I'm allergic to the bus...

I see we are neighbors, Newport News here.
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #303
mickymania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
Ok on my 15 minute break! there is a thread out there that has you list you top favorite moments at DW. I listed mine and Cry as I am typing them!

one of them is..

When I get on the ME and they start that bloody video total waterworks Then the bus drivers announces welcome to Disney World and every claps I am just wiping the tears away totally overwhelmed and excited!

carmie3377 wait until your on the bus to PC and you come over the bridge and you see the ship....I look and sound like the cowardly lion when I cry

My husbands just hold my hand he has the look of "nothing to see here people move along eveyone she'll be fine move along"

ok gotta go my public needs me
I love this. I thought that the second time I drove over the causeway and saw the ship that I wouldn't be as excited but I was even more excited. Once you know how much fun you are going to have, you just can't help it.

I had a neighbor go on a cruise last year and she called me as the Magic came into view and I still cried. I know.....sad.
mickymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #304
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thought I was the only one that cried when the video was on, my child thinks I've lost my mind. I swear I'm allergic to the bus...
Oh Yes the "allergies" that show up when boarding the ME! Totally contagious!

Quote:
I love this. I thought that the second time I drove over the causeway and saw the ship that I wouldn't be as excited but I was even more excited. Once you know how much fun you are going to have, you just can't help it.
I know Your thinking oh the second time won't be as exciting...WRONG!

DCL and Disney:It's like the the addictive chemical that the Colonal Sanders puts in that chicken!

Quote:
I see we are neighbors, Newport News here.
How cool is that! Are you guys flying or driving down. We like to fly AT out of NN just because I love how small and uncomplicated that airport is! Are you guys originaly from the area?

I am so excited about this trip and I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEW SHIPS

Ok gotta go catch 24 DH DVR'D it for me!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #305
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Question of the Week
What is your favourite (not dessert--lets save that for next week shall we?) food???
Well, for me, Barry, I'd say it's Lobster or other seafood, but if I eat too much of it, I'll grow tired of it. I'll eat pretty well anything on my plate, especially if it's spicy. (Loved New Mexico in the past, lots of good restaurants!)
DW, Christine, not too much into junk food but will munch occasionally. Not into the spicy like me, but will tolerate it for my sake. Any Polish heritage food is great for her (perogies etc.)
DS, Erik (8) - Chicken Nuggets. He'll eat pizza, but he's gotta have his plum sauce for those nuggets (ya and he hates his veggies)
DD, Holly (6) - Pizza, but she'll eat her veggies when she's told and hates the pizza crust.
DS, Peter (3) - Anything his mom is eating, unless he decides he doesn't like it.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #306
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post

Okay, so here is a new Question of the Week
What is your favourite (not dessert--lets save that for next week shall we?) food???
Me: I love carbs! Pasta, bread, sweets. I'd start with the dessert if they'd let me! I also love good BBQ and TexMex (that's the Texas Girl in me)

DH (Jarrod): Probably a good steak or big juicy bacon cheeseburger! Also loves spicy food and adds hot sauce to just about anything.

DD10 (Haley): Loves fish like Mahi Mahi & Tilapia but still into the kid foods like mac'n'cheese (well I am too!) and chicken nuggets. Hates the veggies except the potato!

DS3 (Cameron): He'll eat almost anything but veggies. I just asked him if he could eat anything, what would it be and he said "great ice cream!"

Disneyland Aug/03
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt Western w/my honey
Disneyland Paris Sept/13 w/my honey; Mar/14

Last edited by carmie3377; 04-21-2009 at 11:36 AM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #307
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

I love Sushi and carbs carbs carbs!!!

BTW I am now on Twitter and I love it! I do not do FB or Tumblr bit I Tweet on Twitter and i am addicted
Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #308
PirateMaiden

Happy Grumpy-

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to fly AT this time. It has always been our choice, but with having to pay for baggage, I might try Southwest this time. I guess it really depends on how cheap I can get the tickets. DD can't leave school early that Fri. because she will already be missing her 5 allowed days for the semester, so it will also depend on flight times. I'll be there one way or another, even if I have to flap my own wings

I was raised here, you?

Last edited by PirateMaiden; 04-21-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: add
PirateMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #309
carmie3377

My FE!!

Here is my FE. I know I'm early but I needed time in case I screwed it up. I am not a sewer by my neighbor offered me her sewing machine and I made it through it. A few things I would have changed, but overall, I'm pleased with it

Disneyland Aug/03
Walt Disney World Aug/04 FW Cabins; Jun/05 offsite; Dec/06 ASMo/OKW & MVMCP; Jan/08 POR BFF trip; Sept-Oct/08 AKV & MNSSHP; Dec/09 Pop; Nov/11 Cor Spngs w/my honey; Dec/11 AKV Kidani w/ the kids; Oct/12 CR/Poly & MNSSHP; June/13 SSR Girls Only Trip; Oct/13 BC & MNSSHP w/my honey; Jan/14 AKV Mother son trip
Disney Cruise Line Dec/09 Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola; Jan/11 Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB; Mar/13 Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan; May/13 Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey; Sept/14 Fantasy 7 nt Western w/my honey

Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #310
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm trying to decide on whether or not to fly AT this time. It has always been our choice, but with having to pay for baggage, I might try Southwest this time. I guess it really depends on how cheap I can get the tickets. DD can't leave school early that Fri. because she will already be missing her 5 allowed days for the semester, so it will also depend on flight times. I'll be there one way or another, even if I have to flap my own wings
I so know what you mean! We I love SW for the fact that it is a direct flight and they do not charge for the Luggage however I love upgrading to business on AT in the end it's whoever is the cheapest!

Quote:
I was raised here, you?
Yep us too! WE have traveled all around the world but this is home!

carmie3377 What is an FE? It looks awesome but what do you do with it
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #311
Tower
DIS Veteran

HappyGrumpy and Carmie,

I'm not sure if these guys do it to your closest airport, but, as you may know, Southwest does not participate in the luggage transfer program with Disney. We're seriously looking at either Jetblue or Airtran due to their being members of this and we won't have to worry about the luggage after we leave from our first airport of the day on for both coming and going.

If they are cheaper and more convenient, go for it

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #312
PirateMaiden

Carmie- Great FE. I think I might start mine now... like you, I'm not quite sure how it will turn out. LOL I know I've read it on here that someone was interested in starting the exchange list going but don't remeber who. The sooner I know who and how many, the sooner I can start planning.
Favorite foods:

Me- Seafood and bread, although bread is just a dream now... Whah!

DH- Steak and potatoes kind of guy

DD- Mexican
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #313
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post

carmie3377 What is an FE? It looks awesome but what do you do with it
An FE is short for Fish Extender. People hang these organizers outside their stateroom door on their fish hook. Before the cruise, a list is organized and people leave little gifts and things in the FE. Since I've never been on a cruise, I'm just going by what I read. A lot of info can be found here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

I think it will be a lot of fun

Disneyland Aug/03

Old 04-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #314
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Yes indeed I did know this and forgot to mention that in my last post! I wish SW would get on board.( no pun intended)

This is a biggie for me but this year with trying to save my pennies so I can take 2 big trips I still may need to go with lower cost if SW if AT is deemed too much. I am also 45 minutes from airport with AT and 20 min from the airport with SW so I have to factor in paying for family member/taxie or gas and parking garage! Being able to transfer your luggage directly to the airline from the resort or DCL is always hard to pass up.

Oh the hard decisions we must make....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #315
carmie3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMaiden View Post
Carmie- Great FE. I think I might start mine now... like you, I'm not quite sure how it will turn out. LOL I know I've read it on here that someone was interested in starting the exchange list going but don't remeber who. The sooner I know who and how many, the sooner I can start planning.
Thank you! I suggested earlier about getting a list going and NHDisneylover said she'd keep a list if she could find a site that was free. If she can't, I'll look into it but I've never participated in an FE before so I don't know if I'd be the best one for it.

Disneyland Aug/03

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: