Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #271
mickymania
Mouseketeer

We will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third Disney cruise but this time it is just me and my husband and the kids will stay behind We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and one of those "big" birthdays for me.
mickymania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #272
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Hey Everyone!

Okay, since this is my first cruise, I've never done an FE exchange but really looking forward to it. I've finished my FE (will post pictures later) and thinking of ideas for gifts. I know it's early and we still have time to go, but I was wondering if it's too early to get a roll call going on. Every time I'm at the store, I see neat little gifts for kids but never know what to buy. I picked up some things at Target as I don't want to be hit with all of it at once. I just hope I picked up age appropriate gifts. So, if perhaps people who plan on participating could go ahead and list their child(ren) ages/sex/likes & dislikes. That way, if we see something, we could go ahead and start picking stuff up. I know some cruises have a large FE exchange while others have a small one. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff and then have no one to give it too. So, anyone thinks it okay to at least start an informal list and then move on to a more permanent list as it gets closer. I know the list may start off as small but at least we could get a start. I would be more than happy to coordinate, but since I have no experience with FE's, perhaps it best to leave it with someone who does.

As far as adults, I've got ideas, it's just the kiddos I'm worried about it. THANKS!!!!
I have been hoping someone would start a roll call for ages. it is not too early--there has been one up for several months on the thread for my September 2010 cruise I haven't suggested it though because I have no idea how to set it up myself, and generally the suggestion maker gets stuck doing it I would really love to see who all ends up on a roll call though because it seems there are a lot of people who posted once or wice and never again. I am not sure if they are just quiet or if they have dropped the cruise
The information I usually see on roll calls (and which I like to see) are first names of everyone, ages of kids (for FE purposes), early/late seating, cabin # (some people undertandaly do not feel comfortable posting this, but it makes it hard to deliver to the FE if you choose not to--everyone has to do whats best for themselves) and family photo (again some people include one others do not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickymania View Post
We will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our third Disney cruise but this time it is just me and my husband and the kids will stay behind We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and one of those "big" birthdays for me.
Welcome Congrats on the annivesary and birthday. We will be cruising on my birthday--which is very exciting for me.

I enjoyed seeing what everyone does for a living last week. I think we are all pretty busy (to say the least).
So, since we talked about work last week, how 'bout we discuss play this week? So the Question of the Week is, what are your favourite hobbies?

Me--Reading and travel. I have even managed to alredy find a book group here in Germany and we are always planning trips somewhere (Disneyland Paris next month and a very hot week I am sure in Tuscany in August are up next). I have almost as much fun planning a vacation as i have on vacation. I also love being involved in communtiy theatre but have not found that here in Germany yet.

Dave--He had to sell his motorcycle when we left the U.S.-he is pretty bummed about that. So far in Germany all his free time has gone to learning Germanbut he loves music and has an extensive collection and a huge variety of styles, community theatre (performing and set building) and working on various building type projects.

Marika--Her main passions are karate (she earned her balck belt in January--I think I posted about that at the time) and reading (when she can get her hands on English langauge books she goes through 10 or so novels a week). She also really likes to do craft projects, paint and write poetry.

Rio--he's our little performer. He is passioante about dance and has been taking dance in various forms since he was 2 (he was watching his sister's class from the hall way and doing all the routines and the instructor said he could start in the fall even though he was technically to young as he had the routines better than the older girls) He lieks tap, jazz, ballet and hip hop. He also really, really loves community theatre nad is the one who pulled us all into it. Last year he was in four mainstage productions on our little town--Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Hello Dolly and Christmas at the OK Corral.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #273
NHdisneylover

Popping back on to say this:

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotki...lticCruise.htm

is the type of roll call/website I was thinking about. I have PMd Debbie (who also started fish extenders--she is one awesome lady)to ask her if she can help me figure out how to do such a thing. I am not very good with computers so I do not know where to start and Dave is in Hungary all month so he is not here to help. But, if I can figure it out I will head it up, and if I can't maybe someone else can

Editing to add that I have heard back from Debbie and feel like I could start setting up a rollcall webpage but it wouldn't go up online until Dave is home and can help me find a place to host it for free (we may have that through our provider but I do not know and cannot read the German contract). So, IF people would like me to do this (I will not be offended at all if someone else would rather do it)please PM the following for the rollcall (obvioulsy don't send anything that you would prefer not to be posted):
DISname
First names and ages of everyone traveling in your party (skip ages on adults if you prefer)
Hometown
Stateroom (gty if you are not yet assigned)
dining time (early/late)
a photo

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Last edited by NHdisneylover; 04-15-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #274
Aurora2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofysbud View Post
Anyone know who will be the cruise director on Dec. 5th - st. croix?

Hope it will be Brent!!! That will be so awesome.
Aurora2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #275
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora2009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofysbud View Post
Anyone know who will be the cruise director on Dec. 5th - st. croix?
Ok, I've checked back on the posts of both of them and most of their previous posts are about cruise directors! Ok, so Brent or whichever cruise director you are, why mask it?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #276
NHdisneylover

I doubt even DCL knows who the crusie director will be this early in the game, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for Rachel

Old 04-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #277
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Ok, I've checked back on the posts of both of them and most of their previous posts are about cruise directors! Ok, so Brent or whichever cruise director you are, why mask it?
I do find it odd that those are the ONLY posts either Aurora2009 or goofysbud have made at all on our thread (just the one post each). Come on guys, at least introduce yourselvs, we are a friendly bunch Can we assume you are sailing with us?

I'm Hadley and I'll be sailing with my husband Dave and our DD12 Marika and DS10 Rio. It will be nice to meet you

Old 04-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #278
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
I have been hoping someone would start a roll call for ages. it is not too early--there has been one up for several months on the thread for my September 2010 cruise I haven't suggested it though because I have no idea how to set it up myself, and generally the suggestion maker gets stuck doing it I would really love to see who all ends up on a roll call though because it seems there are a lot of people who posted once or wice and never again. I am not sure if they are just quiet or if they have dropped the cruise
The information I usually see on roll calls (and which I like to see) are first names of everyone, ages of kids (for FE purposes), early/late seating, cabin # (some people undertandaly do not feel comfortable posting this, but it makes it hard to deliver to the FE if you choose not to--everyone has to do whats best for themselves) and family photo (again some people include one others do not).
Glad to hear that there are others interested in getting it started. Yeah, it is a bit quiet around here. Just a few of us popping in every few days. I'm sure it will pick up the closer it gets

Quote:
Popping back on to say this:

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotki...lticCruise.htm

is the type of roll call/website I was thinking about. I have PMd Debbie (who also started fish extenders--she is one awesome lady)to ask her if she can help me figure out how to do such a thing. I am not very good with computers so I do not know where to start and Dave is in Hungary all month so he is not here to help. But, if I can figure it out I will head it up, and if I can't maybe someone else can

Editing to add that I have heard back from Debbie and feel like I could start setting up a rollcall webpage but it wouldn't go up online until Dave is home and can help me find a place to host it for free (we may have that through our provider but I do not know and cannot read the German contract). So, IF people would like me to do this (I will not be offended at all if someone else would rather do it)please PM the following for the rollcall (obvioulsy don't send anything that you would prefer not to be posted):
DISname
First names and ages of everyone traveling in your party (skip ages on adults if you prefer)
Hometown
Stateroom (gty if you are not yet assigned)
dining time (early/late)
a photo
Sounds and looks good. I wouldn't mind at all if you set up the roll call. If you can't do it for free through your provider, let me know and I'll check with mine. Since you provided an example, it gives me an idea of what to do and I'm sure I could figure it out if needed.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #279
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Question of the Week is, what are your favourite hobbies?
Me - Of course Disney is my hobby. Like Hadley, I almost enjoy the planning part as much as the actual trip (BTW, jealous of the Disneyland Paris trip). I feel like something is missing if I'm not in the process of planning a trip. I also love to shop and I'm a huge budget shopper. My dress for formal night, I found at Dillards for $89 and it was normally $260! I hardly buy anything full price. I love shopping for deals! I love to cook/bake, especially desserts and candy. If I was allowed, I would bring homemade holiday treats for all of you!

DH - Jarrod (sounds like Jared - so many people pronounce his name wrong) doesn't get much free time but he loves to read. He usually has 2 or 3 books going on at a time and will read just about anything. He also enjoys playing his guitar. Lately, he's become addicted to MarioKart Wii! Also enjoys outdoor activities such as fishing and camping. Sightseeing and travel of course are hobbies.

DD10 - Haley is not into a lot of what most tween girls are into like Hannah Montana, Camp Rock or HSM (but loves everything else Disney. She'd rather be reading, writing, or drawing. She loves to write stories and then illustrate them. Usually, it's about dogs! She loves dogs. Reads about them, writes about them, draws them. She says that one day she's going to be a wildlife biologist and study African Wild Dogs!

DS3 - Cameron loves trains, firetrucks, planes, ect. He loves riding his tricycle and being outside. And his momma has already "brainwashed" him. He is always talking about Mickey Mouse House (WDW) and requests to watch the cruise and park planning DVDs! We live really close to an airport and planes fly over ALL day long. Accourding to Cameron, all planes go to Mickey Mouse House!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #280
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora2009 View Post
And why is that, exactly?

I've been on two other Disney cruises and I couldn't tell you who was the cruise director on either one of them. Can't say it matters much to me who the cruise director will be in December, either.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #281
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
IQuestion of the Week is, what are your favourite hobbies?
Missed that question earlier. I guess because it was embedded into another post that I missed that part of it.

DH - Barry - With business as busy as it is, it's hard to make time for a hobby, but I do play guitar in our church folk group. I also enjoy being a hockey dad and volunteering at the kids' school as a Dad on Duty. (Kiss and ride stuff and general help out)

DW - Christine - She's busy with so many different things, it's hard to say what is a hobby and what is a vocation. I know she enjoys coordinating our church's playgroup. She's also invaluable in offering her time to help out at the school and being that ever devoted mom. With a 2 year old around now, she does not have much time to hobby.

DS - Erik - currently 7 will be 8 by cruise - WII (Lego Indiana Jones), computer games, being a great older brother to the 2 year old.

DD - Holly - currently 5 will be 6 - Dress up is one of her favourites. She also enjoys helping out mom around the house, and, though she has never seen an episode, Hanna Montana (we don't have cable)

DS - Peter - 2, will be close to 3 by cruise time - No hobbies as of yet, just having fun enjoying life. We're focussing on potty training for no diapers by the cruise. Off to a decent start, but a long way to go.

Does anyone know how to move that calendar up 7 months? I need to go now!

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #282
PirateMaiden
Family calls me CruEllen! HMMM???

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Me - Of course Disney is my hobby. Like Hadley, I almost enjoy the planning part as much as the actual trip
This is so ME! It helps pass the time and drives my DH insane!

Me: Ellen- love anything about planning my next vacation. Of course if it is anywhere Disney, it's even better.

DH: Michael- when he isn't working his passion is hunting.

DD: Rachel(8)- loves soccer. Rollercoasters are her new favorite experience.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #283
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateMaiden View Post
This is so ME! It helps pass the time and drives my DH insane!

Me: Ellen- love anything about planning my next vacation. Of course if it is anywhere Disney, it's even better.

DH: Michael- when he isn't working his passion is hunting.

DD: Rachel(8)- loves soccer. Rollercoasters are her new favorite experience.
Not enough detail Ellen about Michael. What does he hunt? The big game? small game? Ducks? What does he shoot? What kind of shot?

All very important information between other hunters

(I have a 30:06 Remington. Maybe we'll go out sometime. Tell him to come up to the northland )

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #284
PirateMaiden
Family calls me CruEllen! HMMM???

Tower- How did I know I'd be quick to find another hunter??? He hunts whitetail and turkey. It's turkey season here, so he'll be hard to find for a few weeks. He has talked about a Canadian hunt for a couple of years now... I need a picture of you before we sail so I can steer him the other direction when I see you coming. LOL Seriously, he'll be excited to know that there is another hunter onboard. As far as what he shoots...guns( that's the most detaiil I can give) and bow.

Last edited by PirateMaiden; 04-17-2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: add more info
PirateMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #285
George Rada

Hi everyone,

George here. Answers to the question of the week.

Me: Boating, history, cooking, reading, movies, scifi.

DW, Kath: Reading and reality TV

DS, George III: Video games, video games, and more video games.

DS, Sean: Sports, reading, video games, friends.

We've been having internet problems and haven't been able to get online for a few days,soplease don't think we've been ignoring the group.

George Rada is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: