Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #256
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Question of the Week:What do you all do for a living???

So, how about the rest of you? How do you spend your days????
Hmmm, well, unlike all those dating sites where one can say they are astro-physicist millionaires with 3 mansion, I guess I'll say the truth.
I am a Professional Engineer here in Canada. I specialize in the structural analysis, design and inspection of cellular 'towers'. Hence my screen name. I'm self-employed with it, but it does keep me very busy even with a home office where some days it's difficult to get family time (Hence this cruise that I'll still bring my laptop to)

I'm blessed to have enough income coming in to provide for the whole family so Christine stays home with the kids and looks after the more important things in our household. She can't wait to get a break from all the cooking and cleaning that she tirelessly does every day.

My mom, who is coming along, at 75 is retired and spends her day playing bridge. Any other bridge players out there to challenge her?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #257
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Question of the Week:

What do you all do for a living???

So, how about the rest of you? How do you spend your days????
Me - I'm a stay at home mom. I spend my days doing what all SAHMs do - running the kids to and from, cleaning, cooking, paying bills, budgeting (so we can afford these vacations!), ect. I will also be homeschooling DD next year. I also like to do paper crafts such as card making, scrapbooking, ect. When I was working (when DH was in med school) I worked at a bank doing accounts, loans, mortgages, ect. I have considered many times to go back to work until he is finished with fellowship, but with his hectic schedule, working overnight on 30 hour shifts every 4-5 nights with only 1 day off a week, we feel it's best for the children that I stay home.

DH (Jarrod) - He's in his final year of pediatric residency. He'll start a cardiology fellowship in July and in 3 years he'll be a pediatric cardiologist. I'm finally beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel - a very loooooooong tunnel. He's been in school for what seems like forever. Went back after we'd been married 3 years, got bachelors, PhD, MD, almost done with residency and then fellowship in the near future. I told him he better not decide to do further training. Anyway, residents/fellows don't earn a large amount, hence all the budgeting for these vacations. He works a lot of hours (70-80+) and really looks forward to our vacations. He plans on leaving his cell phone off the entire time, leaving the pager at home, and just enjoying himself with the family.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 04-07-2009 at 09:38 AM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #258
George Rada

Hi everyone,

It's George. We are back in town and back up on the forum.

Great question Hadely!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently retired from the Metropolitan Police Department, District of Columbia at the rank of Detective. I went on the job after I was discharged from the Army and started my career off by walking footbeat's in the worst part of DC. About a year later I was moved up to a patrol car and later spent time with a motorcycle unit before going back to a patrol car (I got sick off riding motorcycles in the winter). Eventually I achieved my goal of being promoted to Detective and worked with the fraud unit (my happiest days on the job) and finished my career at the narcotics branch working money laundering and asset forfieture cases. Currently I am Mr Mom, who drives to and from school, to and from soccer practise, cooks, cleans, shops and all the other Mr Mom jobs. I am looking to start a new career soon, because I think George & Sean are winning the Mr Mom war.

Kath (DW) is a personnel manager with the Department of the Navy, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD. Whatever the Navy puts in the air gets tested there first, from bolts used in airframes to aircrew equipment and everthing in between. Her father was a career Naval Officer and she was actually born at NAS Pax River. We were married there at the base chapel and had our reception at the officer's club. Her family did a few oversea's tours, but they pretty much grew up right near the base she works at.

George Rada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #259
Tower
DIS Veteran

Ok

got another question for all of you.

It's a minor one, but when we went to the Magic Kingdom and various resorts for meals on our meal plan, my son got his usual 'chicken nuggets'. Here in Canada a lot of people enjoy their nuggets/chicken fingers with plum sauce. My son was disappointed to find out that most places did not have plum sauce at all

So, my question for the experienced cruisers is, will the ship have plum sauce, or at the least honey for the nuggets or should we bring our own?

I know, silly question, but worth a try. It won't make or break the cruise.

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #260
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Question of the Week:

What do you all do for a living???
Me- I"m a CPA but work in industry, not public accounting. I'm a VP-Finance. DH is early retired.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #261
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Ok

got another question for all of you.

It's a minor one, but when we went to the Magic Kingdom and various resorts for meals on our meal plan, my son got his usual 'chicken nuggets'. Here in Canada a lot of people enjoy their nuggets/chicken fingers with plum sauce. My son was disappointed to find out that most places did not have plum sauce at all

So, my question for the experienced cruisers is, will the ship have plum sauce, or at the least honey for the nuggets or should we bring our own?

I know, silly question, but worth a try. It won't make or break the cruise.
I don't even know what plum sauce is so I'd be surprised if DCL has it. Chances are there will be honey though because people use that for their tea and maybe toast in the morning.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #262
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

No plum sauce on DCL (unless they have added it sice my last cruise). Sorry.

There is honey on the ship. It would be no problem to get it in the dining room with your meal. But, they also serve chicken fingers by the pool and I do not recall honey being out there. So, if he is munching on chicken at off hours it might be a little harder to get. It may be available by the drink station at those times (for tea drinkers)--I never looked so I do not know.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #263
Tower
DIS Veteran

Thanks Hadley. I guess we'll have Chinese takeout a few times until the cruise and save those little packets of plum sauce for the egg rolls to take along.

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #264
NHdisneylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post
Thanks Hadley. I guess we'll have Chinese takeout a few times until the cruise and save those little packets of plum sauce for the egg rolls to take along.
Now that souds like a win-win solution

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #265
goofysbud
Earning My Ears

Anyone know who will be the cruise director on Dec. 5th - st. croix?
goofysbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #266
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofysbud View Post
Anyone know who will be the cruise director on Dec. 5th - st. croix?
I think they have it narrowed down to 3 options

Captain Hook (with Mr. Smee as Assistant Cruise Director)

Julie (From Love Boat Fame)

Gilligan

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #267
NHdisneylover

Just popping on to say HAPPY EASTER to those of you who celebrate. We are enjoying living somewhere that is snow free for Eatser and the kids found a few dozen eggs outside for a change. I hope everyone has a great day.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #268
Tower
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter from Canada as well!

Kids are all excited. Just got in from church and the Easter Bunny came while we were gone!

How does he do that?

Past Disney Visits:
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #269
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Happy Easter, everyone! Time to leave for church soon. It is cold today, but sunny and NO SNOW! Yay!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #270
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Hey Everyone!

Okay, since this is my first cruise, I've never done an FE exchange but really looking forward to it. I've finished my FE (will post pictures later) and thinking of ideas for gifts. I know it's early and we still have time to go, but I was wondering if it's too early to get a roll call going on. Every time I'm at the store, I see neat little gifts for kids but never know what to buy. I picked up some things at Target as I don't want to be hit with all of it at once. I just hope I picked up age appropriate gifts. So, if perhaps people who plan on participating could go ahead and list their child(ren) ages/sex/likes & dislikes. That way, if we see something, we could go ahead and start picking stuff up. I know some cruises have a large FE exchange while others have a small one. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff and then have no one to give it too. So, anyone thinks it okay to at least start an informal list and then move on to a more permanent list as it gets closer. I know the list may start off as small but at least we could get a start. I would be more than happy to coordinate, but since I have no experience with FE's, perhaps it best to leave it with someone who does.

As far as adults, I've got ideas, it's just the kiddos I'm worried about it. THANKS!!!!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: