Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #2161
texdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHdisneylover View Post
Was he the "Gone in 60 Seconds" Brian They were so cute and I did see him picked for a few other things later in the week.
The newlyweds were our tablemates ... we enjoyed them!

Disney Dream January 2-6, 2013 / Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009
Animal Kingdom Villas - Dec. 2009, Oct. 2010, July 2012, Jan. 2013 / Old Key West - Feb. 2007, Dec. 2008, Oct. 2010, Dec. 2012 / Beach Club Villas - Dec. 2008
Grand Californian - May 2007, May 2008, May 2009, Jan. 2010, May 2010, June 2012
texdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #2162
scothen
dsny4ever

Quote:
Hey everybody. It is nice to see you all posting again and it was so nice meeting many of you onboard. We made it home Sunday night (overnight flibght and long layover in Amsterdam comming home) but my dad and his girlfriend arrived less than 24 hours later for a short visit--so I was not on the computer much while they were here. Now I finally have time to pop on and catch up with everyone.
I do want to be sure to thank everyone involved in the Fish Extenders for all of the goodies. I cannot believe how much stuff showed up You would have thought we had 100 cabins invovled! Everythign was great, really EVERYTHING. I think I was most totally excited by the lovely sand dollar ornament and the ribbon bookmarks (I may steal that idea for the trans atlantic cruise as they are nice and small) but thouroughly enjoyed all the surprised (it got a little overwhelming at times).

Sorry your trip to Tortola was not good We liked it better than any caribbean port we have been to yet. We did the early morning Peter's Island kayak and snorkle tour and loved it other than wanting more time (another hour would be perfect) and then just walked in to the little town at the port and wandered a bit.

Lurk away DH had to head for the Czech Republic for work on Monday morning (poor guy--all that flying to get home and he was in the house about 14 hours and had to leave for the airport again) and he is the camera expert, so my photos likely will go up next week. What are you hoping to see?

I love your idea of hiring someone to come in while you are gone I bet that did make comming home easier.

Funny, we like Princess as much as Disney (in different ways) as adults and Marika prefers Princess but Rio prefers Disney. Rio was a little bored with the lab offerings this trip (he has been in the lab for three crusies now including a 14 night so he has done pretty much everything at least once and there was nothign new at all to mix it up--except the new theme to the show, which we all liked) and Marika was really not impressed with the "all video games, sports and gossip all the time" programming in the Wuest (just not her thing) so BOTH kids asked to book Princess again for next time while we were still on board We are on the DCL transatlantic next September and we do all want to do that one again--but we have cancelled Disney for 2011 and are watching to see what Princess or maybe HAL offers in the med during that time instead.

Kathryn--we ended up buying the first 3 Percy Jackson books for Marika at the airport She loves them. Thank the boys again for loaning her the first book on board

Sorry you had such a rough trip home--I am glad you were not involved in any of the accidents

EEK! I hope you really are okay and the soreness and bruises go away quickly What an awful "welcome" home taht must have been. Scot, we sure enjoyed dining with you and getting to know you on board. Thank you for joining us.

We don't know what was up with Dave. The kids were pointing frantaically at him during Freddy Fusion's act becuase they love that actand wanted him on stage (where he was with Gary) but otherwise he was not trying to get picked at all--he wanted to give otehr people a chance. HE was the "colored guy" in the Alfred and Seymour act (they are new and we really enjoyed them. Anyone else enjoy it?), and got pulled up to dance during pub night as well It was like pick on the tall guy week or something He had a lot of fun though.
If I was in the boxing ring, they would have stopped the fight to due cuts, otherwise, my right arm is pretty sore, as I think I tried to do a Superman routine and stop the car with it.

It was a great pleasure to meet you on the cruise, and I have booked the Mexican Riviera cruise for 10/9/2011. I hope to see you again.

Scot
scothen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #2163
amyngary
Mouseketeer

That was us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post

Allright who did we almost catch putting our goodie bag in the FE, I remember hearing someone say they are coming then I heard giggling and feet running down the hall.... The boys were excited that they almost saw who it was, I guess it was kind of like catching santa in the act
That was DD9 and I delivering FE gifts. I had met you in the hall earlier in the trip, so I recognized you when you came down the hall. We had fun running away. I didn't tell DD9 this, but I had memories of TP-ing houses as a kid ;-). We also did get caught by someone else, but I can't remember who it was. Since I didn't recognize him, he walked right up to his door as we were putting things in the FE . We were so embarrassed. Making and delivering them was almost as much fun as receiving them.

Last edited by amyngary; 12-17-2009 at 09:42 PM.
amyngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #2164
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Princess

Quote:
Funny, we like Princess as much as Disney (in different ways) as adults and Marika prefers Princess but Rio prefers Disney. Rio was a little bored with the lab offerings this trip (he has been in the lab for three crusies now including a 14 night so he has done pretty much everything at least once and there was nothign new at all to mix it up--except the new theme to the show, which we all liked) and Marika was really not impressed with the "all video games, sports and gossip all the time" programming in the Wuest (just not her thing) so BOTH kids asked to book Princess again for next time while we were still on board We are on the DCL transatlantic next September and we do all want to do that one again--but we have cancelled Disney for 2011 and are watching to see what Princess or maybe HAL offers in the med during that time instead.
We actually also like Princess a lot. I think our issue with it had a lot to do with the itinerary (it's hard to separate that). We did Princess for the Panama Canal trip when I was still in my twenties, and we were the only younger couple on board. It seemed like everyone else was over 60. We loved the service, food, ship, etc., but the activities were really geared for an older crowd. While we had a wonderful time and met some great people (and would definitely do Princess again), I think our circumstance put it lower on the list.

Regarding Disney, Julia also did not love the activities in the lab, but the unlimited screen time made up for it (she only gets 30 minutes/day at home).
Old 12-18-2009, 06:16 AM   #2165
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I was most totally excited by the lovely sand dollar ornament and the ribbon bookmarks (I may steal that idea for the trans atlantic cruise as they are nice and small) but thouroughly enjoyed all the surprised (it got a little overwhelming at times).
We Loved the Sand Dollar ornaments too - but never saw the ribbon bookmarks - what did they look like? Sounds like such a cute idea!!!!

The FEs were WONDERFUL! Matt is still playing with the items he received and told his grandmother yesterday that mommy's internet friends were so nice to him! Thanks again everyone!

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #2166
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I know who gave out the sand dollars because I got one, too, even though I wasn't part of the FE on this cruise. Thank you!!! It really is very nice and will be on my tree this weekend when we finally get around to decorating it.

Right now both DH and I are sick. Happens quite a bit when we get home from Disney but at least we're usually healthy while we are there.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #2167
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Our girls were on on the Red Carpet with the Golden Mickey

They were wearing matching red dresses and another child was put in the pix with them.

I was out with them and dh got to see them.

We loved the cruise and meeting quite a few fellow disers.

We have booked ~ OK ~ dh booked 3 more cruises

One is scheduled for late Oct 10 and B2B on the Dream at the same time in 11.
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #2168
mommyoftwinfants
DIS Veteran

wuv tigger - It's funny how we were right next to each other for such a long time and didn't know that we knew each other until it was our turn to take our pic with mickey (wish we would have had longer to 'gossip')
mommyoftwinfants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #2169
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Hey everyone! Just got home today and haven't had a chance to go back and read the recent posts. Anyway, we had a GREAT time and loved every minute of it, except the leaving part of course! We had great table mates in piratemaiden, fluvannaj, and amyngary. We enjoyed meeting everyone else, although we missed getting to meet some of you. We rebooked for March 6, 2011 for the 7 night Mexican Riviera. We'll get both of the kids' birthdays in and we'll head out for DL for a few days before so we can get my birthday in too! Let the countdown begin!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #2170
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants View Post
wuv tigger - It's funny how we were right next to each other for such a long time and didn't know that we knew each other until it was our turn to take our pic with mickey (wish we would have had longer to 'gossip')
This happened to Kathryn Rada and I. We were waiting in line to rebook and we started chatting. We chatted for quite awhile before we realized who each other was.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #2171
princess369
Born to Cruise

After the cruise we went to WDW until Tues. The weather was perfect. Crowds weren't a problem. But we were with a couple we met on a previous cruise and were more interested in just sharing a relaxing few days and seeing the Christmas stuff. We met some cruisers from the ship which kind of felt like extending the cruise.

85 degrees when we left FL. Last night it was 11, today 20, tonight 4, -3 degrees with the wind chill. I want to go back!!! A fantastic cruise. Didn't get to so half the things I would have liked, but that just means we have to go on another one. (We turned platinum with this one, and I'd like to see if that group gets anything better than gold.) We have signed up for the first Alaska cruise, and the 08/07/11 Dream cruise.

Meeting other posters was a big part of the fun.
I can't wait to meet with you guys again.

I don't know who has copies of the pics taken by the tree in the atrium but I'd love to get copies of them.

Bunches of hugs -

Christine
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #2172
amyngary
Mouseketeer