Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #1606
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluvannaj View Post
Has anyone ever made magnets by printing and laminating, then using sticker magnets to put them on the door? It would be cheaper (I have a laminator) but don't want stuff sliding off of the door. I guess if I use enough magnets it would stick.
Anyone gone the route? I can't find the magnet paper lately and if I need to order it, I need to get right on it.
This is what I thought about doing. Some of my magnets are not printed on a computer and made with my Cricut so I cant use the magnetic paper. I also might use my xyron machine to put the magnets on. I think there is a cartridge that laminates on one side and puts a magnet on the back. The Xyron stuff is kinda expensive but with the 40% off coupons from Michaels or Hobby Lobby it's not too bad.

Quote:
On a different note, what do you guys think of me running off our board logo, laminating, and sticking a magnet on it for all of us (so we can see where we all are)? Should we do it with the DIS name on it or just plain?? I really have more of these nametag inserts than I'll ever use.

Fluvanna
That sounds cute. Putting our Dis name on them would be neat but I'm sure a lot of extra work for you. Plain would be just fine if you choose to do them
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #1607
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
On a different note, what do you guys think of me running off our board logo, laminating, and sticking a magnet on it for all of us (so we can see where we all are)? Should we do it with the DIS name on it or just plain?? I really have more of these nametag inserts than I'll ever use.

Fluvanna
I love the idea!!!
DIS name is fine with me.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #1608
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowst3 View Post
We booked through DVC also and I don't have that page. All we have is a bunch of useless pages for Transfers (If we want to book them) and pages for each of us regarding if we booked flights (which we didn't). The only ones we need is the first, maybe the second. We completed all our paperwork online and drive to port.

Thanks! Rosemary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
We booked through DVC and do have that page. But my understanding is we don't have any cash out of pocket except the $95 fee to convert points to ressie point/make the reservation and our onboard charges. Does anyone know of something different?
Thanks! That was my understanding too about the cash OOP. I would just hate for that fee to end up on our onboard account. I need to call DVC tomorrow or Friday to take care of something else so I'll ask them and report back.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #1609
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

DIS magnets

That sounds cute. Putting our Dis name on them would be neat but I'm sure a lot of extra work for you. Plain would be just fine if you choose to do them [/QUOTE]

I'm already printing the nametags with DIS name on them, it wouldn't take much to move things around and get the Logo and DIS name only (and not real name). We could hand them out when we pass out the lanyards. I was planning on bagging the tags per DIS member so could just drop the magnet in there.

Fluvanna

Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009

Disney Wonder October 23-28, 2011
fluvannaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #1610
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

Hey, I was gonna use my Cricut too! (It was my Christmas present from DH and DD last year). Have you seen the wreath made out of mickey heads?? It looks pretty easy and fun.

fluvanna

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #1611
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmickminn View Post
Dropping in to say hello! My DH and I will be on this cruise celebrating our 25th anniversary. We are also DVC and castaway members. We sailed for the first time on the Wonder in 2004, this will be our second cruise.
Welcome to the board!

You'll love the people here. Not much time, but take some time to get to know some of us here! As you might expect, we're from all over the world here (even have this Crazy Canuck/Canadian on the board that some people think is obnixious). Where are you from?

We're having breakfast at Lumieres on Sunday morning at 9:00AM if you want to put faces to the names on this board.

See you in 3.5 weeks!

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #1612
Tower
DIS Veteran

How About a Group Photo?

With all the suggestions being done these days, I have another to add.

Maybe at around 9:15AM, before anybody heads off to Palo etc. for brunch, we all get together at one end and squeeze us all in for one picture? We could get a cast member to snap a few pics with 1, 2 or 3 cameras and we'll email them to the gang once home.

Sound like an idea to proceed with?

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #1613
amyngary
Mouseketeer

OT Story

This is completely off topic, but I want to share what my DD4 said to me the other day. She was admiring my wedding ring. After saying it is pretty, she asked "Mommy, does your ring light up?". When I said it doesn't, she said (imagine slumped shoulders, pouty face) "Ohhhhh" - it was like she felt sorry for me . I am a big fan of technology, but come on :-)

I hope wedding rings never get that 'flashy'....
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #1614
fluvannaj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower View Post

Maybe at around 9:15AM, before anybody heads off to Palo etc. for brunch, we all get together at one end and squeeze us all in for one picture? We could get a cast member to snap a few pics with 1, 2 or 3 cameras and we'll email them to the gang once home.

I think the group photo is a great idea!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #1615
amyngary
Mouseketeer

Group Photo

Quote:
I second that!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #1616
texdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Me too!

Disney Dream January 2-6, 2013 / Disney Magic Eastern December 5-12, 2009
Animal Kingdom Villas - Dec. 2009, Oct. 2010, July 2012, Jan. 2013 / Old Key West - Feb. 2007, Dec. 2008, Oct. 2010, Dec. 2012 / Beach Club Villas - Dec. 2008
Grand Californian - May 2007, May 2008, May 2009, Jan. 2010, May 2010, June 2012
texdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #1617
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
We got our documents!

Glad to hear that Marika is feeling a bit better. That's good she's able to keep the fluids down. She might be dizzy from the sinus infection. Did she get antibiotics to help with that?
Congratulations on the documents and thanks The ysent Marika home with what I thought was a persription for antibiotics for the sinus infection that I was supposed to fill if she did not get over the extreme dizzyness and headache by Wednesday. Took it in to the pharmacy and they said it was instructions to call for the perscription if not better by Wednesday--but the office is closed Wednesdays! So, I just got through this morning and have been told to wait 20 minutes for tehm to make the call and then go to the pharmacy--which is right around the corner. She is more dizzy by the minute, and the headache is awful--but the other stuff is better. Sore throat better, cough lessening, no more fever and even hungry for soup. mashed potatoes, yogurt, etc.)

Quote:
Has anyone ever made magnets by printing and laminating, then using sticker magnets to put them on the door? It would be cheaper (I have a laminator) but don't want stuff sliding off of the door. I guess if I use enough magnets it would stick.

Anyone gone the route? I can't find the magnet paper lately and if I need to order it, I need to get right on it.

Fluvanna

I have made magnets that way. They stay on "okay" but not nearly as well as the sheet magnets do. They tend to slide down (or fall off entirely) every time you open or close the door. Easy enough to fix when you are leaving teh room, but not so easy when you are going IN You just have to shut the door VERY gently

Oh, and if you want to put the work (and printer ink) into it, I think the door magnets would be great. We had similar magnets made from the lanyard nametage pattern on our last two cruises from DISsers as FE gifts You are so sweet to do all this work for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
He told me this morning that he couldn't wait to ride the "Big, big, big, big, big choo choo with the geti on it" (yes he calls it the geti!)
Thanks for sharing the cute story
Quote:

Good idea In the past, other groups have also all arrabged to meet in the atrium between dinner seatings on pirate night for a group pirate photo which was fun

How is your little guy feeling??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
This is completely off topic, but I want to share what my DD4 said to me the other day. She was admiring my wedding ring. After saying it is pretty, she asked "Mommy, does your ring light up?". When I said it doesn't, she said (imagine slumped shoulders, pouty face) "Ohhhhh" - it was like she felt sorry for me . I am a big fan of technology, but come on :-)

I hope wedding rings never get that 'flashy'....
Adorable--and I agree I hope wedding rings never come to that

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #1618
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

This does not apply to any of the rest of you, but I have to post anyway because I am so darned proud of myself

We have been trying to figure out the best way to egt to and from the Frankfurt airport. When Dave flies I usually drop him at the train station (train goes right into the airport) or drive him down. But the train fare for all four of us would be close to 250 Euro round trip--and with no ride to the station we would have to haul all our luggage on the trams (no big deal for a small trip with one rolling bag each, but a hassle with big rolling duffles and other cruise luggage). Parking at the airport would be about the same for 15 days. We have asked about a dozen Germans (mostly Dave's co workers but also a friend, the neighbors, etc.) if there is some sort of less expensive long term parking near the airport and been told by everyone that no such thing exists. HA they were all wrong! I found it on the FRA website (in English even so I know i am reading it right). There is long term parking, it is run by the airport, they have shuttles to the terminal every 10 minutes AND it will only cost 64 Euro for the 15 days

Yes, I have such a pathetic life that I consider finding this information to be a highlight of my week (especially this week)

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #1619
scothen
dsny4ever

Quote:

Sounds like a plan to me!
scothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #1620
beachbratt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmickminn View Post
Dropping in to say hello! My DH and I will be on this cruise celebrating our 25th anniversary. We are also DVC and castaway members. We sailed for the first time on the Wonder in 2004, this will be our second cruise.
and Happy Anniversary my DH and I will also be celebrating are anniversary on 12-08 no better way to do it then with a cruise....

DISNEY WONDER**APRIL 29-MAY 3 2007**
DISNEY WONDER**SEPTEMBER 16-20 2007**
DISNEY MAGIC**SEPTEMBER 27-OCTOBER 4 2008**
DISNEY MAGIC**MAY 23-MAY 30 2009**
DISNEY MAGIC**DEC 05-DEC 12 2009**
DISNEY WONDER**JULY25-JULY30 2010**
CARNIVAL DREAM **DECEMBER 10-17 2011**
DISNEY FANTASY**AUGUST 25-SEPTEMBER 1 2012**
DISNEY DREAM **DEC 6-13 2012** B2B

beachbratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: