Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #916
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcij View Post
Oh how fun! If our next sailing was without kids we might just want to join in on the Alaska sailing. My parents loved their Alaska cruise and especially their excursions.

Have fun!

That sounds like fun! I know your son's wedding was just as much fun as your daughter's was. How neat to have everyone together.

I was not that excited about 2011 summer offerings. My boys really just want to go to the beach, and since we can only go during the summer we are limited. I said I wouldn't do a shorter than 7 night cruise again, but it looks like we might be doing that in 2011. I'm concerned about the prices on the new ship so I doubt we could do b2b but we'll see.

Anyone have any group shots of us from our cruise?

This is the only one I managed to get.

I only have one group shot and it is pretty much identical to yours, Marci! By the way, I love your family picture in your signature!! Is that in St. Thomas?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #917
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

Hi Kim. Thank you. No -- that was actually St. Martin. We had hoped to have the Magic in the background, but our guide seemed to miss the point. My favorite pic from the cruise is formal night with Minnie. I think that will be our Christmas card this year.

Have y'all been to Nassau before? A lot of people complain about it, but I love it. We always go over to the Atlantis and will be taking our second vacation to the resort next summer.

Kicking Cancer's Butt One Day at a Time!
marcij is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #918
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Quote:
Hi Kim. Thank you. No -- that was actually St. Martin. We had hoped to have the Magic in the background, but our guide seemed to miss the point. My favorite pic from the cruise is formal night with Minnie. I think that will be our Christmas card this year.

Have y'all been to Nassau before? A lot of people complain about it, but I love it. We always go over to the Atlantis and will be taking our second vacation to the resort next summer.
We have been to Nassau twice before on the Wonder, but have never been to Key West. Dave, my son, son-in-law, and his dad are planning on scuba diving in Nassau. I don't know what us girls will do. There really isn't a lot in town...you can only go to the Straw Market so much! I know my daughter would love to do the Atlantis excursion where you get to go on all of their waterslides (her dream!), but it's pretty pricey!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #919
marcij

Cruise Director Chick

The first couple of times we went to Atlantis, we just did the Dig and tour and had lunch and walked around. That was without kids. The next time, we were on a RCL cruise on a work retreat. They had a beach excursion that was reasonable but didn't include slides. Both boys were still young then so that worked for us. When we were there on the Wonder, we got a terrific deal on a room that was much cheaper then the Disney excursion. We liked it so much we went back last summer for 3 nights. It looks like that will be our vacation next summer as well, but we'll go for a week.

You might find it fun just to take a taxi over there for lunch and to see the Dig. Then you could do Spa time on the boat. Whatever you decide on, I'm sure it will be fun since you're with family.

Kicking Cancer's Butt One Day at a Time!
marcij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #920
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Quote:
The first couple of times we went to Atlantis, we just did the Dig and tour and had lunch and walked around. That was without kids. The next time, we were on a RCL cruise on a work retreat. They had a beach excursion that was reasonable but didn't include slides. Both boys were still young then so that worked for us. When we were there on the Wonder, we got a terrific deal on a room that was much cheaper then the Disney excursion. We liked it so much we went back last summer for 3 nights. It looks like that will be our vacation next summer as well, but we'll go for a week.

You might find it fun just to take a taxi over there for lunch and to see the Dig. Then you could do Spa time on the boat. Whatever you decide on, I'm sure it will be fun since you're with family.
I'm liking your ideas! I had heard that it can be cheaper to book a hotel room for the day to use the waterslides than pay for the excursion through Disney. Atlantis might be the way to go this time...at least for the ladies!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #921
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom8589 View Post
We have been to Nassau twice before on the Wonder, but have never been to Key West. Dave, my son, son-in-law, and his dad are planning on scuba diving in Nassau. I don't know what us girls will do. There really isn't a lot in town...you can only go to the Straw Market so much! I know my daughter would love to do the Atlantis excursion where you get to go on all of their waterslides (her dream!), but it's pretty pricey!
Dave has done the DIsney Scuba excursion at Nassau and I, sure he'll be glad to share his experiences

MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #922
disneymom8589
I am his Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJobba1 View Post
Dave has done the DIsney Scuba excursion at Nassau and I, sure he'll be glad to share his experiences
If they end up doing this, I'll make sure they direct any questions to your Dave!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: