Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

The time frame to sell was like yesterday! We are a little behind schedule but I hope to have it on the market in 2 weeks. Hopefully it sells fast, but I know that the chances are slim in this market. I'm praying though!

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Here's another bump for our "little" group.

So Sherri, how's the house project coming? Almost ready for selling? What types of remodeling are you doing? We've been through that before. Our previous house was 90 years old, and we updated almost the entire thing in the 11 years we lived there. We built our current house 3 1/2 years ago, and I'm begging to finish the bathroom and play room in the basement (the rest of the basement is already finished). I think that's the last of our home projects for a LONG time--hopefully!!! Justin just finished building his custom motorcycle last week, so I told him that he can't start anything else until that bathroom is done. Fortunately, all it needs is a sink/counter and some finish/touchup work. Have you been to KC yet to look for a house there? I probably would stay away from this area right now. Our wind chill for tonight and tomorrow is predicted at -10 degrees!!!!!!!

Have a good week! Talk to you soon...

Hudson 5 & Lennon 3 (currently Hudson8&Lennon6)

Western Magic 04-21-07 (10th Anniversary cruise)
Western Magic 05-16-09
Hudson5&Lennon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Sherri--I'm hoping good things are coming for you and your family and that's why you haven't been around. Moving, are ya? Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out for you!

What do you think of putting a list on my first thread post with more info on each family (like other threads do)? I know it's only you and me for right now (and my DMom & DStepF, but they're not on the DIS ), but maybe that would get some lurkers to stop by and say "Hi!" Let me know what you think. We can wait until more people join our thread, too, if you want. Who knows...maybe we'll be the only families on the ship!!! If we are, do you think they would upgrade us to the Roy and Walt suites?!?! Wishful thinking, huh?

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 02-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
Nik's Mom

Hi Hudson5&Lennon3!
I've been a terrible Dis'r lately. We've been so busy lately. We've had a few buyers come by to check out our house, but no takers yet.

Dh is going to Kansas City today. The kids and I will fly out there on Friday to start our search for a new home. The kids are so excited because I told them that there is a T Rex Cafe out there.

Anyway, I've been catching up on the Dis the past few days and thought I'd pop in to see what's new. It looks like it is still just our 2 families...I love the idea start start posting a list of families. It will me just Dh, me and my 2 sons (7 and 10 at the time of the cruise).

Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #20
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

I've started a list on the first post. If any lurkers out there want to be added, just send me a PM or post it here, and I'll add it. You can add whatever other info you want me to put also (stateroom #, early/late seating, etc.).

Sherri--I hope all goes well for you in KC this coming weekend. Right now, the extended forecast for central Nebraska says 30-40 degrees on Fri/Sat, so hopefully it won't be too cold there for your trip. That sounds like a heatwave to us, though. Unfortunately, the weatherman has teased us a lot lately with forecasts like that, which then end up being around 20 degrees. Even that's better than it is now, though (12 with a wind chill of minus 3).

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 02-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #21
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Is there anyone else out there that wants to chime in? I'm kinda lonely with Sherri being so busy lately. (BTW, Sherri, how was KC? Any luck with house hunting?)

Isn't there anyone who is willing to say that they'll be on the boat with us?!?!

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 02-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
Nik's Mom

KC was great. It snowed while we were there and the kids LOVED that! They are so excited to move.
Hey, maybe the lack of Dis'rs chiming in means we will have the ship to ourselves.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Loved the snow, huh? Well...after the long, cold winter we've had this year, I'm sure they would be very tired of it, too--just like EVERYONE around here is!! I just got an email yesterday of a picture of a snow sculpture with the word "winter" carved along side a hand giving "the bird." That's how I feel! It's okay for the first 1 or 2 snowfalls (this year, that was just after Thanksgiving!), but then I'm done with it and ready for spring and summer. I'd take 100-degree days anytime!

With apparently only us on the ship, it looks like our Bingo chances are looking pretty good! What else can we do with it all to ourselves? Maybe the captain would let us steer for awhile! How about a massage every day?!?! And Palo for every meal!! Maybe they'd let us adults go down the Mickey slide, too! Front row seats at the shows!! No lines and no waiting for pictures with the characters!! Just think of CC all to ourselves!!!! This is gonna be a great vacation! Just wait 'til the other DIS'ers read our trip reports! They'll be so jealous of us!

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #24
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Hi Sherri! I've heard recently about that dinosaur restaurant from our neighbors who are going to KC this weekend to stay at Big Wolf Lodge. It sounds like so much fun! Maybe we'll be planning a long weekend trip there this summer sometime.

Just out of curiosity, did you book through a TA for an OBC? We rebooked onboard and want to transfer to a TA for more OBC but don't know who to go through. We used AAA last time and weren't too happy with the service, although the OBC was great, or so we thought initially. They ended up charging us $25 pp for their services, which ended up making their OBC not much more than DU, whom I've also considered. I'm not sure, but I thought I had seen DU offer quite a bit more for the Caribbean cruises in the past, so I don't know if I was dreaming or if it was a fluke deal that isn't their norm. I know the PC and Med cruises were quite a bit more, but I'm almost positive it was for Caribbean. I feel the charges from AAA were out of line when you pay for membership anyway.

Unfortunately, I've not started on my WDW research yet. I have the DVD & book that Disney sent me and I also ordered the new WDW Passporter but haven't even opened them. I have watched some of the Disney shows that were on Travel Channel recently. I'm so excited for Animal Kingdom! I preordered the new DCL Passporter for my mom as a gift but won't be getting that for at least a month. When I ordered it in Jan, Amazon said it would ship at the end of Jan. When that date came and went, they then said it would be early April. I'm so excited to give it to her!! I have last year's book but am anxious to see what's new in it. I hope they added color like the WDW one has. I also need to look into airfare and see when I can start trying to plan that. I have a feeling that will be a .

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #25
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

So there really is no one else booked on this cruise?

How about a fun little "get-to-know-you" quiz to try and bring some others out of the woodwork.

1. How many times have you been on DCL? Where to and when?

2. What are you looking forward to on this cruise?

3. What are your kids (if any) looking forward to on this cruise?

4. If you've cruised before, what is your favorite food on DCL? If you haven't cruised before, what are you excited to try (if you've looked over the menus already--like I did before our first one!)?

5. What would your "dream" DCL vacation be?

Western Magic 05-16-09

Last edited by Hudson5&Lennon3; 03-15-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #26
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

1. How many times have you been on DCL? Where to and when? Once before--04-21-07 Western Magic for our 10th Anniversary.

2. What are you looking forward to on this cruise? Eating a frozen chocolate-dipped key lime pie on a stick (or two!) in KW, the alfredo at Palo, FIREWORKS!, DS5 going down the Mickey slide for the first time (he was too scared last time when he was 3), sharing the DCL experience with my parents, Castaway Cay (maybe we'll try the bikes this time).

3. What are your kids (if any) looking forward to on this cruise? Mickey pool and slide! , all the ice cream you can eat, pictures with characters, Castaway Cay.

4. If you've cruised before, what is your favorite food on DCL? If you haven't cruised before, what are you excited to try (if you've looked over the menus already--like I did before our first one!)? Alfredo at Palo, paninis. I'd probably have to check out the menus again to refresh my memory of other faves.

5. What would your "dream" DCL vacation be? Something LONGER than a 7-night! Either B2B (or B2B2B with a DDip Western in there for 4 stops at CC!) or else a PC repo cruise. Since it's a dream, of course, we'd be in the Walt or Roy suite instead of a Cat 8.

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #27
Nik's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson5&Lennon3 View Post
So there really is no one else booked on this cruise?

How about a fun little "get-to-know-you" quiz to try and bring some others out of the woodwork.

1. How many times have you been on DCL? Where to and when?

We have cruised dcl once before in May 2007

2. What are you looking forward to on this cruise?

Spending quality time with dh and the kids

3. What are your kids (if any) looking forward to on this cruise?

They loved the Mickey pool on the last cruise!

4. If you've cruised before, what is your favorite food on DCL? If you haven't cruised before, what are you excited to try (if you've looked over the menus already--like I did before our first one!)?

Everything that we tried was delicious

5. What would your "dream" DCL vacation be?
I guess my dream DCL vacation would be a European cruise followed by a trip to DL Paris.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #28
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Just a friendly little bump to get some more exposure...

AND

Sherri, I see your ticker for moving day! Congratulations!

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #29
Nik's Mom

Yes! We close escrow on April 10th and plan to move May 3rd! We are so excited!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #30
modomo
Earning My Ears

Looks like we will be joining you!

We've just booked our cruise!

It will be myself and husband, our 3 children DS 11, DD8 & DD7.
Early seating

This is our 1st Disney cruise, so we are really excited

We're from Missouri.

Look forward to planning!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: