Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #1501
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Isn't there some kind of iron-on thing we can print on? I am NOT crafty at all but remember reading that from somewhere. I guess at a minimum,we can make our own that way? I like the idea of something to identify each other. On one of the TRs I read, the group had lanyards and remarked that it was like seeing family when they saw the DIS group lanyard -- made it easy to talk to people. Seeing as a bunch of us claim to be shy in a crowd -- thought an "identifier" might be kind of nice at least for that first day or so....

Jamie -- Sabrina wrote Jalen back tonight. Hopefully that makes him happy? It is short and kind of funny at this age but still kind of neat to see what they come up with.

Kym -- she also wrote to Faith!

Tammy -- still working on getting her to write Carissa. I was impressed she got 2 emails done (believe me it is painful and then to top it off, was adding a pic to the email to Faith and I deleted her entire email and she had to start over! ). I'll get her to work on it tomorrow.

We got a POST CARD from DCL! I requested it from someone on the DIS boards and it showed up! I was sooooooo excited . Oddly enough, the kids looked at it, thought it wsa cool and moved on. Maybe they are way cooler than Mom? All I know is I still think it is COOL and am thinking I may take it to work to stare out when I need a break!

Also -- oddly enough, our room assignment changed. It was one thing last Friday and is different today. I called DCL and she claimed it has always been that room #. So confused. So, as of today we are 6114. I checked the room reports and they are good so not too freaked even tho we moved from mid-ship to aft. I will ping my TA tomorrow and find out what is going on. I thought if you had a confirmed room (not a GTY) they couldn't change your room without asking?

Ok -- off to see what the family is up to. With the time change, it doesn't seem like the kiddos will go to bed by 7:30....
texfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #1502
lucyddr
Working for vacations!

T-Shirts

Yes. We can probably do an iron-on, but my major concern is that we may be breaking some sort of copyright. I got this stuff straight off of Google, but I don't know whether it's "safe" or not. I asked the company to design something based on our group name that didn't involve characters. Once they send it to me, I'll post it here. If we like it, we'll do it. If we hate it, we'll just do iron-ons... Hopefully I'll know something by tomorrow afternoon!
Carnival Destiny, May 2007 (30th Birthday cruise to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua)
Disney Magic, May 2009 (Key Lime Pie-Rates Cruise to Key West, Grand Cayman, Nassau, and Castaway Cay)
Carnival Victory, April 2011 (Easter cruise to the Southern Caribbean)
lucyddr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #1503
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Testing out adding pics to my sig....
Old 03-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #1504
Dizneyholic
WBTA Bound 2014

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hi everyone!

So, Gus and I finally tried our first spinning class today and all I can say is...I'm freakin' beat!! Wow!! Not to mention losing an hour of sleep. Anyway, our butts are pretty sore from sitting on those tiny bike seats, please tell me that part will get easier??
Even though, we are still in for Spinning DCL style but now I must work on getting my butt adjusted so it's not so uncomfortable (BTW, I had a gel seat and everything!) Ouch!

Regardless, I can't wait to meet up for our tastings and then go Spin them away. Ok, well maybe not in that order!
June '88 - WDW Offsite * Feb '01 - Port Orleans FQ * Oct '03 - Allstar Sports * Sept '04 - Allstar Movies * Sept '05 - Pop Century * May '06 - OKW Grand Villa * Dec '06 - OKW Villa * Jan '08 - AK Villa * May '09 - Boardwalk Villa & Western Caribbean DCL * Nov '09 - BLT Villa & GC Villa * Sept '10 - WBTA DCL & SSR * April '11 - Mexican Riviera DCL * Oct '11 - Aulani Villa * May '12 - EC Fantasy, DCL * May '14 - SD to Vancouver, DCL * Sept '14 - WBTA DCL

U2 LOVER!!!

Dizneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #1505
texfinn
DIS Veteran

Ok -- frustrated with the signature thing. Got one picture to upload but no matter how I resize the photos in photobucket, the rest of them come out HUGE. Is there a secret to this? Was hoping to post 1 or 2 more of the kids.

Oh well, got the avatar to work so now you can get used to what I look like -- Yoni hates this pic of himself but, oh well!

Chasity -- I hear you, spin can be brutal to your backside. Believe it or not, after a few classes it goes away. I haven't done spin in awhile so better get to class if we will take some in May!

Loucinda -- do you prefer Loucinda or Cinda? Want to make sure I have it right. Thanks for spearheading the t-shirt effort!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #1506
SpeedFigure
Mouseketeer

LucyDDR- I think if you actually sell the T-Shirts to make a profit for yourself, THEN you can get in trouble.
You can print it out and Iron them on. TONS of people do that. Have you tried Make Your Own TShirt design on Disneyshopping.com? You can make it on there and order a bunch.
Cute idea...We won't be doing the T-shirt-- I pushed my hubby with that during my Dream Job. hehe

Disney Dream Job Winner 2007 - Princess In Waiting

Disneyland- 04/87, 06/91, 05/00, 04/01, 03/02, 05/04, 11/05, 05/06, 02/07, 06/07, 12/07, 04/08, 01/09, 9/09, 10/10, 3/11, 5/11, 9/11, 6/12, 9/12, 3/13
Walt Disney World- 11/94, 11/02, 03/05
Disney Cruise Line- 11/01, 11/02, 10/03, 05/09, 05/12

SpeedFigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #1507
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
What is everyone wearing on the non-dressy nights for dinner? I thought I had a good plan of attach on clothes then I reallized that I would need to change out of my capris/t-shirts and into something for dinner - if for no other reason than I'll probably be all sweaty and yucky and won't want to wear any of that stuff in the evening. Remember I'm not a dress wearer so any suggestions?
My cruise casual consisted of khaki capris and a nice (nonprint) t-shirt. It sounds very nondressy, but I felt comfortable in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamickey View Post
We won't be able to make it to the 3pm meet. But are definatly up for the tastings, possibly KW and of course kareoke!!!!
WUWT?!?! Where will you be at 3 PM on embarkation day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyddr View Post
I kind of put this together for a door magnet idea and I'm now thinking it would make a fun t-shirt.
LOVE IT!! Even if the shirts don't work out, I'd like to make a magnet, if you'll let me use your design! I might ask you to PM it to me if I have trouble printing it from your post (if I can use it!)

ETA: I'm about ready to pull my hair out!! This $@%# laptop has a mouse pad that you can't turn off, so I keep bumping my cursor to who knows where, and then I accidentally posted before I was finished, so if you came across some freaky post here with a bunch of garbled stuff, it's because of this computer. Justin was using the other one (which does have an off button for the mouse pad), so now that he went to bed, I'll change. I think I've cleaned this post up as much as I can, but now I need to start over with the rest of what I was going to quote/post. GRRRRRR!!

Hudson 5 & Lennon 3 (currently Hudson8&Lennon6)

Western Magic 04-21-07 (10th Anniversary cruise)
Western Magic 05-16-09

Last edited by Hudson5&Lennon3; 03-08-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Hudson5&Lennon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1508
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Okay, I'll try to finish this up now. BTW, I'm loving all the get-to-know-you answers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texfinn View Post
Isn't there some kind of iron-on thing we can print on?
We've done this in the past when Hudson was a baby (obviously several years ago), but the transfer would crack & peel after just a couple washings. Hopefully they've improved over the years, but that was my experience with them back then.

Quote:
Also -- oddly enough, our room assignment changed. It was one thing last Friday and is different today. I called DCL and she claimed it has always been that room #. So confused. So, as of today we are 6114. I checked the room reports and they are good so not too freaked even tho we moved from mid-ship to aft. I will ping my TA tomorrow and find out what is going on. I thought if you had a confirmed room (not a GTY) they couldn't change your room without asking?
Is it the same category or did you get an upgrade?!?! I chose our specific room # also, and ours is still the same (so far). I really want to keep our room #, so I hope ours doesn't change (unless we get an upgrade, of course!!), but I have heard of them giving upgrades even if you request a specific room.

Quote:
Ok -- frustrated with the signature thing. Got one picture to upload but no matter how I resize the photos in photobucket, the rest of them come out HUGE. Is there a secret to this? Was hoping to post 1 or 2 more of the kids.
I do know that if you resize a pic on photobucket to a smaller size, you can't enlarge it again unless you delete it and re-upload it. I can look to see what size I have mine set at, but it's frustrating when the sig line has size restrictions, but you want it big enough to actually show off everyone. I know mine is hard to see, but at least it's there!!
Okay, looks like mine are all resized to "small." I've goten an "infraction" from the moderators before when my sig was too big, so I had to shrink them. They only noticed it when I would post on the main cruise board but not on the cruise meets (which is why I don't think the mods monitor the meet threads).

BTW, Jamie, yours looks great!

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #1509
SpeedFigure
Mouseketeer

Ok, this is my last post about my FE. I finally got inspired to make this one:

I'm still looking for lettering to put on it, I'm going to put 'Magic'. I'm so excited!!!!

By the way...is anyone else SO sad that "Hercules the MUSEical" isn't on the ship anymore?? That was my favorite production ever!

Disneyland- 04/87, 06/91, 05/00, 04/01, 03/02, 05/04, 11/05, 05/06, 02/07, 06/07, 12/07, 04/08, 01/09, 9/09, 10/10, 3/11, 5/11, 9/11, 6/12, 9/12, 3/13

Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #1510
SpeedFigure
Mouseketeer

I'm still looking for lettering to put on it, I'm going to put 'Magic'. I'm so excited!!!!

By the way...is anyone else SO sad that "Hercules the MUSEical" isn't on the ship anymore?? That was my favorite production ever!

Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #1511
Faith&Hope
I'd rather be cruisin'...

Quote:
Ok...here's the deal. I learned today that most companies cannot print pictures of Disney characters second to some very strict copyright rules. So, I'm going to try to get this done some other way but I may or may not be successful. Sorry... I'll keep everyone posted as I find more things out...
Why don't you just print them on transfer paper and then iron them on shirts? It is too expensive to have screenprinted shirts done because of the setup charges. We always have shirts made for our business and that setup charge sure adds up!

Many people on the DISsigns part of the board make tons of shirts using transfers. I made some last year. I don't like the fit of a traditional ole' tshirt. So I made mine on a shirt I bought from target that had more of a scoop neck.

You can email the file to people who want it and then they can either print it themselves on transfer paper and iron it on or make a door sign with it!!

That's just an option! I know Disney is hard to print out on shirts!

Kym

5/16/09 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise
5/03/08 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise
4/28/07 Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise
5/20/06 First Disney Cruise on Magic....Western Caribbean
Faith&Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #1512
Faith&Hope
I'd rather be cruisin'...

Quote:
Kym -- she also wrote to Faith!
It's so funny because we sat down tonight and started emailing her. We got half way through and then I realized that she had emailed Faith!! Faith was so excited and had a grin from ear to ear! She is going to finish tomorrow after school. Should I send it to her email or yours?

Quote:
That's strange. You will like aft better than midship because the midship elevators are always crazy! Aft elevators don't have that problem. This will be the 4th time for us towards the back!! We aren't too far from you guys but a floor higher! Whew...you wont hear me yelling when my kids try to jump off the bunkbeds!!

Quote:
Yes. We can probably do an iron-on, but my major concern is that we may be breaking some sort of copyright. I got this stuff straight off of Google, but I don't know whether it's "safe" or not. I asked the company to design something based on our group name that didn't involve characters. Once they send it to me, I'll post it here. If we like it, we'll do it. If we hate it, we'll just do iron-ons... Hopefully I'll know something by tomorrow afternoon!
It would be copyright if you sold it. You are free to choose any clipart, background, wallpaper and personalize it!! When you go to the parks, you can see families of like 20 that are all matching. It's cute! Also, making door magnets are the same way. Take your clipart and personalize away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFigure View Post

Hercules the MUSEical was never on the Magic. It was only on the Wonder. We have other great shows on our cruise!! I have never been on the Wonder (and don't know if I ever will because I cnan't imagine goine on 3 or 4 day cruises...too short)! Too bad we missed it but you won't be disappointed in our shows!!

I promise to finish the questions in the next day or 2. I don't get much time to sit at the computer so it's hard to get caught up!! Some of the questions are hard!

Off to do laundry , well not exactly like that! Here in CA, we don't hang our clothes on the clothesline! Born and raised in MI, I had to hang clothes out to dry and it wasn't on the line that was close to the house. With acres of land, I remember carrying those baskets out to the back 40 to hang the clothes. Oh, I love my dryer!!

5/16/09 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise
5/03/08 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise
4/28/07 Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise
5/20/06 First Disney Cruise on Magic....Western Caribbean
Faith&Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #1513
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFigure View Post
You are so talented!! I can't believe how fast you're whipping these up! Are you going to sell them on ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith&Hope View Post
I don't like the fit of a traditional ole' tshirt. So I made mine on a shirt I bought from target that had more of a scoop neck.
I'm right there with ya!!! I don't like how regular t-shirts fit either. I like the more fitted shirts with either a scoop or V neck. I feel frumpy in a "men's fit" t-shirt.

Quote:
Some of the questions are hard!
That's what I thought, too!! They seem like such easy questions until you actually take the time to answer them. I was struggling, but it seems so effortless for everyone else when I read their responses.

Western Magic 05-16-09
Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #1514
SpeedFigure
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hercules the MUSEical was never on the Magic. It was only on the Wonder. We have other great shows on our cruise!! I have never been on the Wonder (and don't know if I ever will because I cnan't imagine goine on 3 or 4 day cruises...too short)! Too bad we missed it but you won't be disappointed in our shows!!
Yes Hercules the MUSEical was on the Magic, I saw it 3 years in a row- 2001, 2002, 2003. All 7 night cruises.

I've seen Most of the cruise shows except Golden Mickeys, Twice Enchanted (or whatever the new Cinderella show was) and now Toy Story the Musical. I really wish Toy Story was on the Magic instead of the Wonder.

Ummmm Don't know how to say this without getting in trouble on the boards....Yes you can find my Fish Extenders on a certain site that sells things .

Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #1515
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

do we have a total on cruisers? I will look into the lanyards but need an idea of how many we need.
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: