Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #136
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Last time, we did Palo brunch on the morning of KW before we pulled into port. There's NO WAY I could fit that much KLP on top of Palo! Oh well...I guess I'll just have to skip brunch this time. There's nothing stopping me from getting my KLP!!! And lots of it!!

I like the door signs idea! Our last cruise thread had a sign made up for a similar fondness of chocolate. Hmmmm...is anyone here good with Photoshop, etc.? (I'm not.) We could even use my KLP picture on it!

Do you think we should post a Q on the main board about other places in KW that have them? I know there's a Blond Giraffe near port that has them. Other than that and the one we went to, I'm not sure where else they are.

Hudson 5 & Lennon 3 (currently Hudson8&Lennon6)

Western Magic 04-21-07 (10th Anniversary cruise)
Western Magic 05-16-09
Hudson5&Lennon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #137
indigodisney
Mouseketeer

I am also in on the KLP taste touring - I have already gained 5 lbs just looking at that photo repeatedly.

Jane, have a great time. I have never been to Disneyland and would like to go one day.

I haven't spent too much time looking at the excursions, ruins and beach sound good to me.

Why can't I stop thinking about the KeyLimePie on a Stick? Not good.
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #138
mother_hen
Mouseketeer

I can make up a FKLP door sign document for us - I teach Photoshop for a living, so I'm *pretty* familiar with it heee!

I saw a thread where someone had cut out ears to go over the door number plaque to make it look like Mickey. Does anyone have any clue what size those would need to be? I was a ding-dong and didn't bookmark the thread.
mother_hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #139
Hudson5&Lennon3
Go Huskers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_hen View Post
I can make up a FKLP door sign document for us - I teach Photoshop for a living, so I'm *pretty* familiar with it heee!
Well, Sara, it looks like we have a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_hen View Post
I saw a thread where someone had cut out ears to go over the door number plaque to make it look like Mickey. Does anyone have any clue what size those would need to be? I was a ding-dong and didn't bookmark the thread.
I printed them out for our door last time. Let me check to see if I saved it somewhere...stay tuned!

Here's the link & instructions
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=11498

Hudson 5 & Lennon 3 (currently Hudson8&Lennon6)

Western Magic 04-21-07 (10th Anniversary cruise)
Western Magic 05-16-09

Last edited by Hudson5&Lennon3; 09-11-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Hudson5&Lennon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #140
mother_hen
Mouseketeer

YAY! Thanks so much for the ears file!
Those will be fun to have on the door.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #141
indigodisney
Mouseketeer

checking in

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

Back to school is a hectic time, isn't it?

We have booked a NCL 9 day Caribbean cruise for December 2009 (the ports are amazing) and I am thinking it is going to be so different from the DIsney experience (which we just love).
Old 09-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #142
indigodisney
Mouseketeer

Wow, I just noticed we are at the 8 month mark!!!!

It is going by fast....
Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #143
mother_hen
Mouseketeer

Hey Indigo!
Yes, it is hectic already! We had teacher appreciation breakfast/lunch at DS's today and then after homework, soccer tonight! What a day!

I can't believe we are under 8 months! ... getting really excited. My Passport arrived and we've been trying to make excursion decisions.

I've been working on the FKLP magnet design inbetween *real* work hee!
It's looking pretty yummy

How's everyone doing?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #144
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Dang, I had written a really long reply and then tried to open a new link to check on something and the whole reply dissappeared!

Hopefully I can remember what I had said.

We had a fantastic time at DL. We got home on Sunday and were all exhausted. Monday back at work and it was hard to get back into the swing of things. Tuesday I was at a seminar in San Francisco and could feel myself getting a sore throat. By the time we were on the way home I knew that I would be coming down with something. Wednesday I stayed home and slept most of the day/night. Kept drinking tea and eating sf jello and crackers. Thursday and Friday went back to work, but was in bed by 8:30. Today is the first day that I feel almost normal. If I do too much I start to cough, but other than that I'm good. I've added a bunch of meds to my "packing list" to hopefully avoid needing them while on vacation.

I LOVE the idea of the KLP tour. My husband knows someone who lives in Key West. I'll ask him to ask her for a list of locations. We can then get a map of the city and plan the tour. Val, I had thought of doing our Palo brunch for that morning, but you've made a good point and I don't want to be too full for all the samples. Guess I'll have to get back to the calendar and figure out a different day.

Mother Hen - thanks for offering to make the magnets! I wish I were a power user of Photoshop. Is there a really good tutorial book that walks you through the program? I've been able to make a holiday card by modifying some items, but I would love to create a special logo for this trip.

I can't believe we are less than 8 months away from the cruise!

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #145
indigodisney
Mouseketeer

Jane, I hope you are feeling better now!

Everyone seems to be very busy right now - so much going on at this time of year.

We have been busy with horseback riding lessons, swimming and ballet...our vacation in December will be a nice distraction!

hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #146
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Thanks Indigo, I am feeling much better! Luckily it only lasted a couple of days. Or maybe I just nipped it in the bud with the Zicam.

I can't believe that its almost the end of September. Since I don't drop the boys off at school anymore it almost doesn't feel like they are in school (Brendan is going to Jr. College and Steven goes to a school for Adults with Disabilities). I really don't have a grasp that fall is coming. I can't believe they are already some Christmas decorations!

I know I'm going to miss all the school fall activities.

Anyone see any good trip reports that describe the excursions? I'm really having a hard time deciding if we try one of them (mostly for GC and Cozumel) or if we should just go it on our own.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #147
indigodisney
Mouseketeer

Hi Jane, glad to hear you nipped it in the bud! I am not sure that we have Zicam here in Canada, will have to check. I know we don't have tylenol PM so I have to stock up when I am down in the USA in December.

I would love to see a report on the excursions - I was initially thinking: Key West on our own, Cayman - beach day - Cozumel - ruins and beach if possible.

Do you know if there is any good shopping at these ports? I know that St. Thomas and St. Maarten are well known for shopping, but not sure about these ports on the Western?

If you find a report - please share or let me know what you are thinking of doing...we are able to book the excursions on January 31st so that is not that far away...believe it or not

Very happy that it is the weekend, hope everyone has a good one!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #148
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

I don't know much about the shopping. I'm not a big shopper (and depending on how the mortgage insurance business is affected by everything that is going on) the decision about excursions and/or shopping may be made for us. Luckily we booked the cruise on our DVC points so we are pretending it didn't cost us anything (yeah right).

The first Western cruise (since April) isn't until 10/4. I'm going to check today to see if anyone has started a pre-trip report. Hopefully there will be some trip reports in October so we can check out their excursion choices. I'll let you know if I find anything good. I didn't realize we could book in January the worksheet forms that I had from Passporter said March. Now that adds more pressure to make some decisions.

Where in Canada are you from? I've been to Vancouver and Whistler (and loved both of them). I know I bought tylenol with codine (because we can't get it here without a prescription) when I was in Canada and felt guilty when I brought it back.

I have been keeping my eyes open at the stores for pirate items. While in DL I bought Jim a polo shirt that is subtle enough for him to wear. All the girl stuff was pink pirate (yuck). But I don't have anything. I figured it will only get more difficult to find stuff after Halloween.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Old 09-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #149
mother_hen
Mouseketeer

Will this magnet work for everyone?

i uploaded a full res 4x6 here: http://3pixelchicks.com/FKLP_magnet.jpg

I can change it if you'd rather have a different design.

--Sara

Last edited by mother_hen; 09-27-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #150
mother_hen
Mouseketeer

I don't know anything about the shopping, either. Not much of a shopper (unless you are talking about camera equipment or computers! LOL!)

For those of you who have been on a DCL cruise before, how much do people dress up for pirate night? Are we going to stick out if we dress in full pirate costume?

Also, how formal is formal night? I haven't been able to squeeze myself into a bridesmaid's gown in years! LOL!
I was thinking an ankle length black skirt with a sweater, but I don't know if that's formal enough... seems more like the semi formal description? yikes. I can buy a formal if I need to but I'm wondering if it's necessary.

Excursions:
we are looking at KW on our own (with the FKLP Tour club)
GC: one of the semi submersible tours so DS can see the coral reefs? maybe dolphins?
Coz: the tour to the "natural water park" sounded like fun - it's an all-day affair.
CCay: stingrays

we have nothing set in stone, but those are the ones that appealed to us the most.

--
Sara

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: