Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #901
wdwluvrs
DIS Veteran

Just wondering has anyone ever been to Tortola before we think we read where there is a Rum Factory tour have a great Holiday weekend we are just staying close to home may go to see the new Indiana Jones movie
90 Contemporary
91 Polynesian
92-95-96 Port Orleans French Quarter
97-98-2000 Beach Club
2003 Disney Wonder and Beach Club
2006 Disney Magic western and Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic eastern and Polynesian
2010 Disney Wonder Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Fantasy Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
wdwluvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #902
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Angie,

Did you happen to put "5/27" in when you created the timer? (ring a bell?!!)

I hope y'all have a safe and fun weekend. We're heading to the wedding rehearsal this evening -- then my son's wedding is tomorrow! The-out- of- town guests are all here and the party has begun!!!!
For some reason one of the countdown tickers I had said the same thing...it was off by a few days. So i used a different one on my web pages.

Enjoy the wedding festivities this weekend!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #903
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures from today!

First off...Mickey Pancakes...

Now for the decorations...

5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #904
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

and a few more...

I had everything put up before ds woke up...and he was surprised too
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #905
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Heather: You are too much!

Happy one year to go! (OK, I'm a day late!)
Old 05-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #906
Coffeeguy48
CoffeeGirl

Hello all! We are fresh off the Wonder 3 night..... TOO SHORT! I recognize a lot of you from the Southern 11 nite... Wino Tracy, Pretty in Tink, Hygine99.. You gave out toothpaste in the fe! I think Tracy had the wine and cheese party???? It was just such a fun vacation...... We booked the Totola cruise on board. We never book anything this far out but it's something to look forward to! This will be our 8th Disney cruise if we do not go in between! We were on the 11 night Southern and the Panama Eastbound...

There was a lot to read up on but it looks like there is already a lot planned! My DH is coffeeguy48 I usually login under him as cgril..... Let me get the information correct:
James (43) Marni (41 b-day) Jessica (12) Sabrina (8 b-day)
Special occassions My and my DD's b'days....Turned 40 this year on board!
Room as of now #6610

What am I missing?
9/2006 Wonder Southern Carib. 11nt
9/2007 Wonder 3nt
5/2008 Wonder 3nt
3/2009 Wonder 4nt
10/2012 Dream 3nt Hurricane Sandy
4/2013 Dream 3nt
8/2013 Dream 3nt
1/2014 Magic 3nt
Coffeeguy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #907
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeguy48 View Post
Hello all! We are fresh off the Wonder 3 night..... TOO SHORT! I recognize a lot of you from the Southern 11 nite... Wino Tracy, Pretty in Tink, Hygine99.. You gave out toothpaste in the fe! I think Tracy had the wine and cheese party???? It was just such a fun vacation...... We booked the Totola cruise on board. We never book anything this far out but it's something to look forward to! This will be our 8th Disney cruise if we do not go in between! We were on the 11 night Southern and the Panama Eastbound...

There was a lot to read up on but it looks like there is already a lot planned! My DH is coffeeguy48 I usually login under him as cgril..... Let me get the information correct:
Room as of now #6610

What am I missing?
Not everyone got the toothpaste to be honest, some got other things.

you know how it is, whatever, we could get.

Cgril rings a bell... .

I think we are going to head over to Jost van D yke to the Baths Again!
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #908
Coffeeguy48
CoffeeGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
Not everyone got the toothpaste to be honest, some got other things.

you know how it is, whatever, we could get.

Cgril rings a bell... .

I think we are going to head over to Jost van D yke to the Baths Again!
I think I posted under Jessibrina or Marni for that cruise..... Tell me about these baths? We've never been to Totola. LOVE St. Thomas!
9/2006 Wonder Southern Carib. 11nt
9/2007 Wonder 3nt
5/2008 Wonder 3nt
3/2009 Wonder 4nt
10/2012 Dream 3nt Hurricane Sandy
4/2013 Dream 3nt
8/2013 Dream 3nt
1/2014 Magic 3nt
Coffeeguy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #909
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Heather: You are too much!

Happy one year to go! (OK, I'm a day late!)
Hahah!! I know...but at this point we were happy to have something to celebrate. My mom is telling EVERYONE about our party and the margaritas!! SHe and dad both enjoyed them!! So for memorial day I tried to make more...I poures the tequila and mix in the blender...went to the basement to get the ice...came back upstairs to see the blender empty and the liquid EVERYWHERE!!! What a mess!!

Quote:

Room as of now #6610

What am I missing?
Welcome to the cruise!!! I'll get your info added to the cruise list.

What dining time do you have?
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #910
Hygiene99
EVERYTHING DISNEY

Quote:
I think I posted under Jessibrina or Marni for that cruise..... Tell me about these baths? We've never been to Totola. LOVE St. Thomas!
Tortola, jost van d yke and virgin gorda are really kewl..

Misposted it is on Virgin gorda not Jost van D yke , the Soggy Dollar bar is on JVD.
LOL

here is a little write up...
Quote:
We visited Tortola by cruise ship on Friday 5th October 2007.
I have given our visit an "above average" rating rather than Excellent, only because we had a lot of heavy rain that day.
Also it's a bit of a cheek saying that this is a review of Tortola when we spent a large part of our time visiting a nearby island - Virgin Gorda.
However, as a result of posting a question in the TA Tortola forum and receiving many useful suggestions, we decided to visit the beach known as The Baths on Virgin Gorda.
It was a great decision, despite the weather - and probably a better thing to have done in the rain, than trying to explore Tortola proper.
We took the 10 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal to the public ferry and caught the Speedy's ferry to Virgin Gorda with a ticket which included a minibus transfer to The Baths. They have a timetable on their website.
Despite the rain, we decided to press on and changed into swimming gear for the walk down, putting our clothes into a waterproof bag (well actually a carrier bag inside a backpack.....!). There is a small charge to go down because it's a nature reserve or something.
There is a bar at the bottom, so we had a good stiff rum punch before we started exploring the extraordinary rock formations all along the beach. It's actually a heap of giant boulders which are just tumbled on top of one another and you clamber between and under them, through sandy pools, up over wooden walkways and steps and - once - pulling yourself up over a big rock on a rope which is fixed to the side. Great fun and there is a lovely beach at the far end - it's well worth following the track right through until you get there. Best not to carry too much gear with you. We were barefoot, but preferred wearing shoes for the path up and down.
There's great snorkeling around there and several boats were moored off the beach to let people swim and snorkel.
There is a nice looking restaurant at the top of the path down to the beach - called, would you believe, Top of the Baths. They have a great website and a tempting menu and we were planning to have lunch there, but we were too early in the season and they weren't open.

So we took the ferry back to Road Town and had a wander around there before we rejoined the cruise ship. We liked the town and will definitely re-visit to see Tortola proper and to see The Baths on a sunny day!

All my research before the visit gave me a great sense that Tortola would be a wonderful holiday destination. And one of the joys of cruising is that it gives us a chance to find places we want to return to. This happened to us with St. Lucia and we have been back there and loved it. So Tortola next time......
Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #911
Hygiene99
EVERYTHING DISNEY

Oh, as many of you know I have been doing security for the movies filming in area,
Right now I am at a set location that is going to be the electronic's store in the Surragates movie, Filming on friday. the fake wall they constructed out of 1x4 pine and that really thin ply wood. then put glass shelves on it, and electronics on them just came crashing to the ground
SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!!
Glass breaking and stereos & lava lamps crashing to the ground...

Oh well, they will fix it in the morning...

It is a Disney production. 1oo million budget!
It is in a vacant store front in Lynn mass,
Who would have thunk they would have gone out and purchased everything the needed for an electronics store!!!
And i mean everything! big tv's down to Phone chargers...

ok back to watch my electronics store. lol

No wonder we could not get the new ships sooner...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #912
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
Oh, as many of you know I have been doing security for the movies filming in area,
Right now I am at a set location that is going to be the electronic's store in the Surragates movie, Filming on friday. the fake wall they constructed out of 1x4 pine and that really thin ply wood. then put glass shelves on it, and electronics on them just came crashing to the ground
SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!!
Glass breaking and stereos & lava lamps crashing to the ground...

Oh well, they will fix it in the morning...

It is a Disney production. 1oo million budget!
It is in a vacant store front in Lynn mass,
Who would have thunk they would have gone out and purchased everything the needed for an electronics store!!!
And i mean everything! big tv's down to Phone chargers...

ok back to watch my electronics store. lol

No wonder we could not get the new ships sooner...

WOW...that would have made me jump!! Disney really goes all out for their movies, huh?

How's everyone doing?? How was the wedding?

Are you getting ready for your Disney Trips??? It's coming up very soon!!

Still fighting sinus mess here... DS is already "bored" and it hasn't even been a full week of summer yet. He has gone to a party, asked a girl to be his girlfriend, been to the video store twice, helped with a cook out..and he is bored. I bought some things for him to do (some arts and crafts kind of stuff for boys..think cars and things...and he doesn't feel like doing it!)

Other than that I've just been keeping busy!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #913
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Here's what we've been working on for our upcoming trip to the World. They were inspired by a thread I saw on the boards.

Ang

May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #914
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

Joining the cruise

Wow, a year to go and already 61 pages of posts. This has got to be a great group.

We have switched to this cruise after thinking better about traveling over the spring break holidays. This will be our third Disney Cruise. We previously did an Eastern in 2006, then a Western in 2008, both in January, so I'm looking forward to warmer weather this time.

There are three of us:

Bill
DW-Maureen
DD- Kay (who will be 7 at the time of the cruise).

DW is a scuba diver, so she will be looking for a partner. I'm more of a martini tasing guy, so I can tell by the posts I'll have no trouble finding partners for that.

WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #915
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Hey everybody!

The wedding was beautiful. My son and his beautiful new bride are honeymooning in Spain (for 2 weeks). When they come home, DD and I will be in WDW!! I may post a picture or 2 from the wedding; right now I'm still trying to sort through everything!

Angie, CUTE tops! What a great idea! Didn't Bruce want one?!

WiscBill - welcome to you and your lovely family. May is a great month to cruise (right Ang?! ) I do believe Catherine (aka TDC Nala) is in charge of a Martini tasting!

Heather, how is DH's new job? Amazing how quickly kids get bored, isn't it?!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: