Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #886
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

We've been busy here. This is the last week of school for the girls. So we're wrapping up with dance recitals, pre-k graduation, etc.

Last night was Ashley's dress rehearsal for her dance recital. When we got out of the theater the skies were BLACK! A siren started going off. I thought it was a tornado siren but Bruce said that it was a fire truck . There is a fire station on the next block so I wasn't sure. So we got in the SUV to drive home. The wind started picking up, the rain started then the hail started . I was saying quite a few prayers. At one point Bruce did pull over on the side of the road because the hail was getting larger and hitting the SUV harder. Luckily for us there was no tornado!!! I think those prayers worked. Our poor little girls were shaking in their booster seats. By the time we got home the skies were clear & the sun shining again.

Need to get the truck washed today to make sure there is no hail damage. It's hard to seeing anything through the dirt.

Laura, did you get any of that weather? Seems like it was heading from our way down to your way.

We'll be off to the World when Laura is there ... June 9-14.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #887
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

That is scary! We had warnings in AL (but not in our area). It only stormed for a few minutes here. I would hate to be out on the road in that kind of weather. Your poor girls! I hope you don't have any car damage.

Have fun in Disney!! Nice summer time fun!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #888
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Hi all!

We've been busy here. This is the last week of school for the girls. So we're wrapping up with dance recitals, pre-k graduation, etc.

Last night was Ashley's dress rehearsal for her dance recital. When we got out of the theater the skies were BLACK! A siren started going off. I thought it was a tornado siren but Bruce said that it was a fire truck . There is a fire station on the next block so I wasn't sure. So we got in the SUV to drive home. The wind started picking up, the rain started then the hail started . I was saying quite a few prayers. At one point Bruce did pull over on the side of the road because the hail was getting larger and hitting the SUV harder. Luckily for us there was no tornado!!! I think those prayers worked. Our poor little girls were shaking in their booster seats. By the time we got home the skies were clear & the sun shining again.

Need to get the truck washed today to make sure there is no hail damage. It's hard to seeing anything through the dirt.

Laura, did you get any of that weather? Seems like it was heading from our way down to your way.

We'll be off to the World when Laura is there ... June 9-14.

Ang
Hey Ang! Yes, we sure did get the weather! It was the same storm that passed over North Fulton -- got here about 7:15. Wind, hail, and lightning like I haven't seen in years. In less than 30 minutes it was a distant memory: blue skies, white clouds.........

Poor Cherokee County took the brunt of this one. I haven't heard yet if they've confirmed a tornado, but whatever it was, it sure did a lot of damage around Woodstock & Holly Springs.

Glad your family is safe. That was not the kind of storm to be driving through.

Tori's last day of school today. She's "officially" a sophomore!

Angie, I'll be looking for you at WDW!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #889
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Today's Brandon's last day of school!! Woo Hoo I ended up taking him because he missed the bus (was in the bathroom ) But he has been riding the bus home this past week since he says that a girl is "stalking him" at the car rider pick up line. (he has been riding the bus in the am and I pick him up in the afternoon since we get home 45 minutes before the bus gets here). I'm so excited that it's over...and that he passed! It has been a stressful year and he has gone through alot with the move and my dad's health. So he has issues in some classes...but he pulled through and passed! (we looked up his grades online).

Tomorrow we will be at our ONE YEAR mark for our cruise!! I'm planning a surprise "beach party" for Ed and Bran tomorrow. I'll make mickey pancakes for breakfast...and then once DH is off to work I'll start decorating the house with some beach decorations I got the other day so He'll be surprised once he gets home from work! We'll have frozen margaritas and listen to Jimmy Buffet while having some pizza!! (I know pizza doesn't make you think of the beach...but I'm tired of cooking this week...and we're cooking out over the weekend..) Then we'll watch the travel Channel special on DCL!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #890
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Today's Brandon's last day of school!! Woo Hoo I ended up taking him because he missed the bus (was in the bathroom ) But he has been riding the bus home this past week since he says that a girl is "stalking him" at the car rider pick up line. (he has been riding the bus in the am and I pick him up in the afternoon since we get home 45 minutes before the bus gets here). I'm so excited that it's over...and that he passed! It has been a stressful year and he has gone through alot with the move and my dad's health. So he has issues in some classes...but he pulled through and passed! (we looked up his grades online).

Tomorrow we will be at our ONE YEAR mark for our cruise!! I'm planning a surprise "beach party" for Ed and Bran tomorrow. I'll make mickey pancakes for breakfast...and then once DH is off to work I'll start decorating the house with some beach decorations I got the other day so He'll be surprised once he gets home from work! We'll have frozen margaritas and listen to Jimmy Buffet while having some pizza!! (I know pizza doesn't make you think of the beach...but I'm tired of cooking this week...and we're cooking out over the weekend..) Then we'll watch the travel Channel special on DCL!!
Kewl - Heather when the list gets like this let me know! LoL
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=22
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #891
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
Kewl - Heather when the list gets like this let me know! LoL
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=22
Holy Cow!! Now that's going to be a big DisMeet!! LOL Only a few months to go for you all!! I'm jealous!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #892
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder about the 1 year mark! I forgot ... how could I??? Your idea of the beach party sounds like so much fun. What time is the DCL special or do you have it recorded?

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #893
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

yay......our cruise is just one year away!!!!!

To be perfectly honest with you, I have somewhat put this cruise on the back burner while I plan for our PC repo cruise in August. Once that one is over, you will have my full time and attention right here.

Peter, which cruise is that list for? The 5 day?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #894
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder about the 1 year mark! I forgot ... how could I??? Your idea of the beach party sounds like so much fun. What time is the DCL special or do you have it recorded?

Ang
I have it recorded. The last time it was on I made sure to record it.
I've seen some other cruise specials on lately and keep thinking they should be showing DCL on there too!

I can't wait for the party. It's just for us(and mom and dad too)...but it's the surprise that I like. No one knows!! I've never been able to keep a surprise secret before...it's a good thing I only have a day left..
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #895
deleckidesign
Mouseketeer

Mom (53) and me (25) will be on the Wonder this Sunday-Thursday for the Double Dip...and have decided we are going to book another cruise while on board. It was between the Western (May 16) or Tortola (May 23). Even though we have already done the Eastern - St. Maarten/St. Thomas, I think we've decided on Tortola because it isn't offered all the time. We can do a Western anytime. Not to mention that Tortola is during Memorial Day, which means free paid day off work without having to use up a vacation day!

Should make leaving the ship next Thursday not so bad knowing that we have another one to look forward to!

2002: Disney Magic 7-night Eastern (St. Maarten/St. Thomas)
2005: Disney Wonder 3-night Bahamas (plus 3-night WDW Pop Century)
2008: Disney Wonder 4-night (Double Dip)
2009: (March) POFQ
2009: (September) Wilderness Lodge
2010: (February) Bonnet Creek Resort
2011: Disney Dreams 7-night cruise
deleckidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #896
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deleckidesign View Post
Mom (53) and me (25) will be on the Wonder this Sunday-Thursday for the Double Dip...and have decided we are going to book another cruise while on board. It was between the Western (May 16) or Tortola (May 23). Even though we have already done the Eastern - St. Maarten/St. Thomas, I think we've decided on Tortola because it isn't offered all the time. We can do a Western anytime. Not to mention that Tortola is during Memorial Day, which means free paid day off work without having to use up a vacation day!

Should make leaving the ship next Thursday not so bad knowing that we have another one to look forward to!

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm excited about the Tortola stop..although the reason we chose this cruise was the date/price!! Have fun on your cruise this week!!! I'd love a Double Dip of CC!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #897
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

It's official.....

ONE YEAR UNTIL OUR CRUISE!!!! Let the countdown begin!!!

DH had no idea about the date either. He has been thinking about the final test he has to take today at work to pass the 4 weeks of training he has been going through. So he was surprised today when I made mickey pancakes and bacon for breakfast. (i usually just fix him bagels or english muffins).

Ds is still sleeping...(his first day of summer! ) and he won't eat pancackes. So I'm going to decorate before he wakes up. DH will be surprised with the decorations and music when he gets home!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #898
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's official.....

ONE YEAR UNTIL OUR CRUISE!!!! Let the countdown begin!!!

DH had no idea about the date either. He has been thinking about the final test he has to take today at work to pass the 4 weeks of training he has been going through. So he was surprised today when I made mickey pancakes and bacon for breakfast. (i usually just fix him bagels or english muffins).

Ds is still sleeping...(his first day of summer! ) and he won't eat pancackes. So I'm going to decorate before he wakes up. DH will be surprised with the decorations and music when he gets home!!!

Why does my countdown say 12 months & 5 days?? Shouldn't it just say 12 months?

Have a blast today Heather!
Ang
Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #899
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:

Why does my countdown say 12 months & 5 days?? Shouldn't it just say 12 months?

Have a blast today Heather!
Ang
Angie,

Did you happen to put "5/27" in when you created the timer? (ring a bell?!!)

I hope y'all have a safe and fun weekend. We're heading to the wedding rehearsal this evening -- then my son's wedding is tomorrow! The-out- of- town guests are all here and the party has begun!!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #900
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Angie,

Did you happen to put "5/27" in when you created the timer? (ring a bell?!!)
Hmmm ... maybe I did. Think I need to go redo that ticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I hope y'all have a safe and fun weekend. We're heading to the wedding rehearsal this evening -- then my son's wedding is tomorrow! The-out- of- town guests are all here and the party has begun!!!!
Have a blast this weekend! Stay safe.

Ang

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: