Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #841
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Wow, lots of new folks joining us. I've been away from the boards for a couple of weeks. On April 24, at 8:54 pm, our daughter and her husband presented us with a 10 lb. 3 oz., 22 1/2 inch long grandson! His name is Jason Paul. I stayed around an extra week after they came home from the hospital while she recovered from her c-section. It was so hard to come back to work today. I told him all about how we'd take him on a Disney cruise when he gets older .

First trip to WDW Nov. 2002
DCL Magic June 2004, May 2006
WONDERful girls' cruise Nov. 2007
WDW Sept. 2010 Caleb's 16th and Kristen's 30th Birthdays
whnim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #842
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Sandi!!!! That is a very healthy grandson.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #843
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Congratulations Sandi!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #844
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome! I hope you don't mind someone who likes to talk about any and everything!

For those who asked why we are moving to Orlando....UMMMM WDW but seriously...WDW....ok so my mom is going through a Big D and as the song says (not Dallas) and has mobility issues so since she has to move anyway she wants warm weather and wants to be close to her favorite place (and mine) wdw so she was moving down

Since I am not attatched to anything here I decided why not and will share a place with her until I finish paying off my car and then will find my own place!

We leave on MONDAY for Florida we are staying at AKL and are looking for an apartment or Condo and hope to be moved in no later then September 1st.

Ok Enough for 1 post lol don't want anyone to fall asleep bored!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #845
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

Congratulations Sandi on the Grandson!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #846
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

Anyone watching American Idol? Any picks for who the winner will be?

I'm a reality show junkie I always say I won't watch it again after getting frustrated with who is sent home etc but every time i get sucked back in again!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #847
wdwluvrs
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=RachelTori;24944416] Did you do any DisMeets on the 4/26 cruise? You cruised with several friends of mine, CajunGirl2's and whnim64's: Mark & Mary (the wonderful Mods on this board) and the Ohio mouse family.
Yes we did do the dis meet and met Mark and Mary and Mike and Karen if we remember there were over 20 dis board families on the cruise and we ran into some many times over the week we will post our information as we play catch up here we have read the first 20 pages so far. It will take us awhile to learn names here
90 Contemporary
91 Polynesian
92-95-96 Port Orleans French Quarter
97-98-2000 Beach Club
2003 Disney Wonder and Beach Club
2006 Disney Magic western and Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic eastern and Polynesian
2010 Disney Wonder Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Fantasy Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
wdwluvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #848
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwluvrs View Post
Yes we did do the dis meet and met Mark and Mary and Mike and Karen if we remember there were over 20 dis board families on the cruise and we ran into some many times over the week we will post our information as we play catch up here we have read the first 20 pages so far. It will take us awhile to learn names here
Have you seen Heather's cruise list? Here's the link: http://www.goofygal1975.com/disneycruise2009.htm

And that reminds me, I need to get a family picture to you, Heather. (one of these days, I promise!)

And speaking of Heather......... are you OK? Hope your Dad is feeling better. Did you and your Mom get to that book signing? How's DH's training going?

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:54 AM   #849
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Congrats Sandi on the new grandson!

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #850
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Congratulations Sandi, on becoming a grandma! How exciting! Hope mother and son are all doing well.

We just got back from the World....saw Tracy and Bill, Peter and Jenn, and Scott and Lynn. Some of us did the Minnie 15K, which was a blast. Even though it was a short trip, it's always hard to get back to reality.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #851
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Congratulations Sandi, on becoming a grandma! How exciting! Hope mother and son are all doing well.

We just got back from the World....saw Tracy and Bill, Peter and Jenn, and Scott and Lynn. Some of us did the Minnie 15K, which was a blast. Even though it was a short trip, it's always hard to get back to reality.
I also think She had a very good time at V&A's

Peter
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #852
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
I also think She had a very good time at V&A's

Peter
She seemed to be having a good time at MK after V&A's
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #853
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

OMG, I don't remember anything! I am very surprised they even let us in. The CM who gave Nancy her wrist band told her there is no alcohol served at MK and Nancy told him, "That's OK...we had enough!" My daughter's boyfriend got the whole thing on video......he says if I don't give him $1000, it's going to be on youtube! One thing I do remember is going on Pirates singing "yo-ho, yo-ho" and shouting to the animatronic Capt Jack that we love him! And all this in front of my daughter and her almost fiancee.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #854
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnim64 View Post
Wow, lots of new folks joining us. I've been away from the boards for a couple of weeks. On April 24, at 8:54 pm, our daughter and her husband presented us with a 10 lb. 3 oz., 22 1/2 inch long grandson! His name is Jason Paul. I stayed around an extra week after they came home from the hospital while she recovered from her c-section. It was so hard to come back to work today. I told him all about how we'd take him on a Disney cruise when he gets older .
Congrats!!!! Wow...he was a big baby!!! That is great that you were able to stay an extra week. I'm sure he is already dreaming about his first Disney Cruise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingtheWDWdream View Post
Anyone watching American Idol? Any picks for who the winner will be?
Dh and I watch it...but we've missed the past couple of weeks. I can't think of his name at the moment...but the "rocker" has my vote!! (michael johns?? )

Sounds like all of you who made it to Disney had a great time!!!Sounds like fun!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #855
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Have you seen Heather's cruise list? Here's the link: http://www.goofygal1975.com/disneycruise2009.htm

And that reminds me, I need to get a family picture to you, Heather. (one of these days, I promise!)

And speaking of Heather......... are you OK? Hope your Dad is feeling better. Did you and your Mom get to that book signing? How's DH's training going?

Hey...yeah..I need to update the web page and add everyone's info in!

I'm doing pretty good...woke up sick today...but have been busy working out each day!! woo hoo!! Dad seemed to be doing better last night for mom's bday...but today he looked so bad. He had a dr appt and the dr doesn't know why he is sick...its not a cold or flu. DS is sick (headaches) and stayed home. So we had a sick house today...LOL

Yes, I did end up taking mom to the book signing and we had a great time!! Debbie Macomber is REALLY nice and sweet. She spoke for a few minutes and then we got in line according to what # we got. Mom couldnt' stand long so I waited in line and it was nice talking to other moms from our area! Debbie signed the book with my moms bday(which was the next day) and wished her a happy birthday. I got a book for my aunt and had it signed. (now I wish I had brought one of my books and had it signed). we went out to dinner (just a small hambuger place...but it was SOOO good.) We really had a great mom/daughter time and I could tell mom was very happy to be out and about!!

DH is enjoying his job!! He is learning alot...never knew there was so much involved with getting car insurance. He'll have another 2 weeks of training before he gets on the phones! I'm glad he likes it and that the drive isn't too bad for him. I think he made a good choice going with this company!

Summer is comming up so soon!!! Does anyone have any fun plans???
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: