Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #781
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck
I have cheap leather knock off boots that deserve some dog poo

Greetings from HOME! Not some wacky place on the road somewhere

Jeanneg Thank you, I have youth on my side and plain old stubborness

Ang that was me at 18. It was my preliminary pageant for Miss Alabama, which i won, and then chickened out of the Miss Alabama pageant because i was terrified to be in a swimsuit onstage. Oh boy, if i only knew then how good i really looked. Excuse the HUGE hair. It was the 90s

Peter Thank you! Making me blush over here. Keep cheering me on! I sure need it! I have pants that are officially falling off that are going STRAIGHT to goodwill. I went over to my best friends house today and almost forgot that she hasnt seen me since i have lost the 30 and she was shocked so i guess thats a good thing! Kevin has lost 29lbs! Kevin is walking around holding his pants up And thats amazing because he doesnt have youth on his side! I will try not to send anymore pounds your way. We wouldnt want Jen to have to butter the stateroom door and shove you in

Heather Prayers sent for your dad. We were in Mountain Brook at Whole Foods today loading up on all kinds of goodies. Had to get out of there quick because some of the people up there are and we are just dirty ol truckers People looked at us funny when we rolled into whole foods with the semi

Im off to do this and a little of this then maybe some of this or wherever the sleepy smilie is.

Have a great night everyone!
PrettyInTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #782
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Hey PIT, sounds like you guys are doing great!!!! Keep up the great work. Although it sounds like it might be time for some new pants for both of you. Can't have you walking around with them falling down all the time.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #783
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Hey Sandi,

Did y'all feel the earthquake this morning? Hope everything is ok.

Anyone else in that part of the country?

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #784
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Hey Sandi,

Ang
We felt it up in Wisconsin. Not much, but knew something was going on.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #785
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Hey Cyndi!! I know exactly where you are talking about!! We drive by there to get to the hospital where my dad is. We've never been in there...but the area around there is LOL

We did get the MRI results back and it is in the bone/spine in his back. It is just one spot and it was actually pressing against a nerve...which is what caused the pain and what alerted them to do the scan. He is moved over to the cancer floor now, which we know and like. They are going to do radiation and the dr seems to be very hopeful this will take care of it.

Cyndi...enjoy being at home!!! It must feel great to be there!!!

Isn't it strange to have a earthquake up there?? I hope everything/everyone is OK. I haven't heard any news yet today.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #786
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

We felt the earthquake all the way down here in Georgia!!! So much for staying in bed those few extra minutes!! I lived in L.A. many years ago, on the San Andreas Fault and every little tremor brings back memories!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #787
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Hey Sandi,

Ang
We slept through the inital quake. Fifteen minutes later Larry's fire pager went off with an informational/alert page about the earthquake. I asked him if I was dreaming, or did I just hear there was an earthquake. We did feel the 4.something aftershock a little after 10 that morning, though. I remember the 5.3 that we had back in '68 (yes, I'm old), so wasn't totally surprised that it happened again. It spooked my chickens; they only laid a couple of eggs when I'm used to getting a dozen or so. Coyotes got in a killed 5 of my hens last week, and that cut down on the egg production, too.

First trip to WDW Nov. 2002
DCL Magic June 2004, May 2006
WONDERful girls' cruise Nov. 2007
WDW Sept. 2010 Caleb's 16th and Kristen's 30th Birthdays
whnim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #788
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
We felt the earthquake all the way down here in Georgia!!! So much for staying in bed those few extra minutes!! I lived in L.A. many years ago, on the San Andreas Fault and every little tremor brings back memories!!
We didn't feel it but now that I think of it, I think I heard a weird noise at that time but then blew it off. I talked to someone over the weekend that said they felt it too.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 04-21-2008, 06:51 AM   #789
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnim64 View Post
We slept through the inital quake. Fifteen minutes later Larry's fire pager went off with an informational/alert page about the earthquake. I asked him if I was dreaming, or did I just hear there was an earthquake. We did feel the 4.something aftershock a little after 10 that morning, though. I remember the 5.3 that we had back in '68 (yes, I'm old), so wasn't totally surprised that it happened again. It spooked my chickens; they only laid a couple of eggs when I'm used to getting a dozen or so. Coyotes got in a killed 5 of my hens last week, and that cut down on the egg production, too.
Glad to hear that everything was ok.
Ang
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #790
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnim64 View Post
WOW...I'm glad you are all OK! (except for the poor chickens!!)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We went to visit dad on Saturday and he looked a little bit better. He'll have 13 more rounds of Radiation, they said that after 7 his pain should be better so maybe he'll come home then. Ds didn't want to leave...but dad was TIRED and ds kept talking loud and waking him up. But at least we got to visit about an hour.

Sunday was a lazy day for us...took a long nap and just hung around reading our books/newspaper.

Cyndi...passed the whole foods store Saturday and thought of you guys! I've never been in there...but now am curious to see what they have!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #791
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

Hi All,
We are joining you guys on the Memorial Day 2009 cruise!

We were on the 4/5/08 Magic Spring Break Trip to the Western Carribbean. We sailed with ton's of other Atlanta folks because all the surrounding counties had the same Spring Break. We rebooked on board along with our friends.

The 2009 cruise will be #5 for us, #2 for our friends. I think we got them hooked!

We look forward to doing a new itinerary, but I have to say I wish it was a CC double dip..that's the best!

Look forward to getting to know you all over the next 16 months.
Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #792
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Family View Post
Hi All,

We were on the 4/5/08 Magic Spring Break Trip to the Western Carribbean. We sailed with ton's of other Atlanta folks because all the surrounding counties had the same Spring Break. We rebooked on board along with our friends.

The 2009 cruise will be #5 for us, #2 for our friends. I think we got them hooked!

We look forward to doing a new itinerary, but I have to say I wish it was a CC double dip..that's the best!

Welcome Evans family!!

Where in ATL metro are you? We are in Milton (N. Fulton) and there is another family (Laura - screenname RachelTori) from over in Gwinnett Area.

I agree on the double dips. Our one and only cruise was on the 5/27/06 double dip.

Angie
Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #793
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Welcome Evans family! (BTW, do you have ties to the Evans family in Raleigh? I only ask because the ones I know were originally from Atlanta)
Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #794
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

We are in the Peachtree Corners area of Atlanta.

We do have family in Durham, NC but not Raleigh.

Happy to be here!

Have a great day everyone!
Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #795
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Family View Post
Hi All,

Welcome to our cruise!!! Very cool that you just got off the cruise this month!! Lucky you!!

You are right...I'd sure love a double dip at CC!!

Be sure to check out our cruise list HERE

If you want me to add any of your information to our list just let me know. This is what is on the list:

Screen name/ Family member names
cabin #
Where are you from
dinner time (main/late)
Any special celebrations
Any excursions planned
And of course a picture of your family!! (so we'll know who you are on the cruise!!)
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: