Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #736
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck
I have cheap leather knock off boots that deserve some dog poo

Heather I just love F&G. We weren't sure we would be able to make it this year but sure enough, we got a load from LA (LAX) to Orlando (MCO). I'm excited! We will be there Moday night and will stay until Thursday.

Scott and Peter- minimeet? Kevin is going to be so excited that you guys are going to be there! We were holding out for a cancellation on the 5 day cruise but when that didn't happen we decided to go for Night of Joy. Should be fun, we check in on the 4th, out on the 8th. the nights of the 5th and 6th are NoJ, but other than that we are free to meet!
Scott you can totally just make the dinner and come cruise with us. Graduations are BORING. I was the LAST PERSON to be called for mine (last name starts with W) and we only had 127 people graduate (largest class ever at my high school) and I thought I would fall asleep before they called my name! Ambers had something like over 500 people, Alexs will be the same. It is SO BORING, I will be posting on here like this from my PDA:

'Live from Alexs graduation! Grab the diploma and run kid, we got a cruise to go on! 293, 294, 295'

Its insanity. They should split it up into 2 nights. My cousins graduation in Georgia was SO LONG. Then they thought it would be cool to hame Freebird as their 'song' so they all stood on their chairs at the end for the entire 13 1/2 minutes of the song. As if just watching 600 people walk across a field wasn't mind numbing enough. I guess I come from such a smalllcountry podunk place I'm not use to all this large grad stuff. My brother had 44 people in his grad class. He went to a private school though.

ANywho, sorry for the long post, can you tell I'm BORED?

Come on mickey!
PrettyInTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #737
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

PIT, there's availability on the 5 night cruise!
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #738
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Will not be off the Magic, until the 6th...
Then on to the world....
And believe me for the price we paid for the Roy suite, they will have to drag me off!
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #739
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygiene99 View Post
will not be off the Magic, until the 6th...
Then on to the world....
And believe me for the price we paid for the Roy suite the will have to drag me off!
Pluss they, DCL will have to count the sheets, fixtures, etc before you are cleared. No Mr Customs Man I really did pack this piano with me before the trip.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #740
Scott H

I am at work and have three computers rolling along, with Radio Margaritaville cranked up, only one here.

I agree the Graduation will be boring, but that is me. Maybe I will threaten to wear a grass skirt and coconut Bra, set up a generator in the parking lot and crank up some Buffett and Mixer.

Freebird, LOL, Lynard Skyner folks lived in Jackson, WY. LOL really,... Turn it up...
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #741
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, just that spot.

You can take the ferry over to Virgin Gorda,

It is like doing St.Thomas / St. John.

We love the Bathes

Will probably go there, and you cant miss Pussers.
Try a painkiller.....
http://www.pussers.com/outposts/webcams

Thanks! That's great to know...I told DH and he thought that would be nice to go to!

Scott..good to hear there is still a chance you'll make the cruise!!

I'm jealous of everyone being at WDW and DCL this May!!! But I hope ya'll have a great time!!

I agree about the graduations!! Everything is pretty boring except when you see the person you are there for!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #742
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck

Tracy Really? Last time out TA checked a couple weeks ago there was NOTHING! Dangit! I can't Uninvite my parents so we could go on a cruise, and I don't think I could tolerate my mother for 5 days on the mickey boat. I'd probley drown her in the Goofy Pool. LOL We'll have to stick with WDW I guess We should have had Kristi check again before we booked AKL.

Peter haha that's funny. Enjoy the Roy! Don't steal the light fixtures, mkay?

Scott I think that the grass skirt would spruce up a boring graduation! Sounds like a plan to me! At Ambers grad. her boyfriend had this annoying airhorn that he would sound off every time one of his buddies would walk across. It was BLARING in my ear. It was outside, in May, 90 degrees easy in South Georgia. I wanted to shove that horn where the sun didn't shine and press the button. I kept shooting him the 'look' and finally I grabbed the horn and wouldn't give it back to him.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #743
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

There's been availability for about a week now. Invite them to come on the cruise! The more, the merrier! There are other TAs that can get you on the cruise
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #744
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck

Seriously, Scott, Kevin and I would LOVE to go and are kicking ourselves for cancelling but I can only take small doses of my mother (well, both of my parents for that matter). WDW will be fine because she has been there before and she likes it. But she has made the comment several times that she wouldn't enjoy a cruise, what is there to even do, blahblahblah. No way would I take her and have her ruin my time. We have a WEIRD relationship. She really doesn't like me that much, I know that sounds bad, but its true. We are making an effort with taking them to WDW in Sept. I just hope that trip isn't bad. If you see me and I'm a little wobbly it means I'm drinking so I won't go nuts around her LOL
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #745
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck

Sorry Tracy, I thought you were Scott! OOPS! I should have scrolled over further. I REALLY wish we could go but unless by some MIRACLE my parents bow out of Sept trip we are stuck. CRAP CRAP CRAP!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #746
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyInTink View Post
T I don't think I could tolerate my mother for 5 days on the mickey boat. I'd probley drown her in the Goofy Pool. LOL
i don't want to have top work on vacation.

This graduation is in Georgia, near ATL. Humid , oh I could get a Dr's note saying I can not be out in the heat of the day.
KEWL!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #747
PrettyInTink
And my DH MackTheTruck

Scott that's a great idea! Tell them that you can't sit out in the humidity at a graduation, but for some reason when you are on a disney cruise the humidity doesn't bother you! LOL That'll work!

I won't make ya work on vacation. My parents aren't going on a cruise with us. It would NOT be good.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #748
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyInTink View Post
Graduations are BORING. I was the LAST PERSON to be called for mine (last name starts with W) and we only had 127 people graduate (largest class ever at my high school) and I thought I would fall asleep before they called my name!
I feel your pain! My maiden name starts with W too. I had a graduating class of 199. I vowed that I was NOT going to be sitting the last row with the Ws so I kept my grades up & was able to sit in the 1st row (honors group). I married up in the alphabet ... my girls will be able to sit with the Bs!

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #749
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

My graduating class had 22. And my maiden name started with "B", I think I was like 4 or 5 in line. Private school. Now my cousin, who graduated the same year, her class was like 6 or 700, luckily her name was in the "C's" and she graduated in the top of her class. So we were only there about an hour, where my entire graduation took an hour.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #750
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Quote:
What does that have to do with taking a cruise!!!

LOL Peter
Scott, Lynn: ya'know those were my sentiments exactly, but unlike Peter, I was too polite to voice them. Graduations ARE boring. I don't even like going to my kids' ceremonies but somebody has to! All I can say is they must be having one heck of a party afterward that you would miss a Disney cruise for it. You are such a good aunt/uncle......and we're going to miss you.

Cajungirl: love the family photo!

Last edited by jeanneg; 04-07-2008 at 01:56 PM.
jeanneg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: