Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #691
EpcotKilterFan
The first to extend her Fish

Just a little Off Kilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Thanks so much Debbie! As I mentioned to Peter, we have a dinner ressie right smack in the middle of it, but we will try to pop in for a minute or two if possible. Thanks again!
No problem! That is what the "ish" is for

Stop in when you can

Debbie
Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #692
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I have some good news to share!!! Most of you know my father was told he has bladder cancer which had spread through all his nodes except his back. This was back in June 07. His diagnosis was grim, and he was given a very short time to live...which is why we picked up our lives in FL and moved ASAP to AL to be with them and help take care of them, and my sis and I both planned a very quick double wedding, both cancelling our Diseny Weddings.

Well last wednesday he had a scan...and got the results today! He is in remission!!!! He has ONE spot of cancer about 1/2 a centimeter big. Now the dr warns that this is NOT cured...that it will come back...just not sure when. But Dad can get off chemo for about a month...and then start back up treatments again. This has been such a mood lifter for my father, and of course everyone else!! They are even driving back to FL for a week to visit friends and family. We are all just so happy to hear this that I had to share!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #693
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I have some good news to share!!! Most of you know my father was told he has bladder cancer which had spread through all his nodes except his back. This was back in June 07. His diagnosis was grim, and he was given a very short time to live...which is why we picked up our lives in FL and moved ASAP to AL to be with them and help take care of them, and my sis and I both planned a very quick double wedding, both cancelling our Diseny Weddings.

Well last wednesday he had a scan...and got the results today! He is in remission!!!! He has ONE spot of cancer about 1/2 a centimeter big. Now the dr warns that this is NOT cured...that it will come back...just not sure when. But Dad can get off chemo for about a month...and then start back up treatments again. This has been such a mood lifter for my father, and of course everyone else!! They are even driving back to FL for a week to visit friends and family. We are all just so happy to hear this that I had to share!!
This is great news! I'm so happy for you.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #694
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Fantastic news is always a good thing.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 AM   #695
Scott H

Up early here in Denver, flight to ATL today, staying with my sister. Will be good to see them. Sunday is the ING Georga 1/2 marathon. I have been tasked by another forum and web site with getting a picture of the Disney Medal they will be giving out if you do the WDW 1/2 or full and the DL 1/2. Film at eleven
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:50 AM   #696
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:

That is terrific news Heather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Up early here in Denver, flight to ATL today, staying with my sister. Will be good to see them. Sunday is the ING Georga 1/2 marathon. I have been tasked by another forum and web site with getting a picture of the Disney Medal they will be giving out if you do the WDW 1/2 or full and the DL 1/2. Film at eleven
I hope you're not flying Delta or American! They have created a mess throughout the country with their abrupt cancellations (to re-inspect planes).

You'll have beautiful weather here - in the 70's...... until Sunday - then it's supposed to only be in the 50's...... but I bet that's GOOD running weather, isn't it?!!

Enjoy your visit here. Where in Atlanta does your sister live?

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #697
Scott H

Laura, Thanks for teh weather report, last I looked they were saying rain on Sunday, Oh well I sweat enough to make it look like it rained.

My sister and BIL are in Newnan.

Yes flying Delta, no probs yet. At least it is a direct flight. The Crown Room makes those delays more tollerable.

If ya haen't been and I see you are, AKV's ROCK!!!!!Club Level is fun, but we haev decided with a 1 bdr don't really need it. That is for us, but worth the experience for sure.
KEWL!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #698
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Heather, that is great news!!! I hope that your dad's cancer continues to be in remission.

Scott, good luck with the marathon. I heard this a.m. we're supposed to have a drizzly rain all day on Sunday. Hopefully it'll stay clear for the race. DH is a runner but won't be doing the ING. He's been taking it easy lately due to ankle issues.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #699
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Laura, are y'all doing to WDW for spring break? How are the crowds? My sister asked why we didn't plan on going spring break rather than waiting until June.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #700
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Laura, are y'all doing to WDW for spring break? How are the crowds? My sister asked why we didn't plan on going spring break rather than waiting until June.

Ang
Hey Ang!

It'll be crowded, but not as bad as years when Easter is on either end of our spring break week. (like last year! )

Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #701
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Laura, Thanks for teh weather report, last I looked they were saying rain on Sunday, Oh well I sweat enough to make it look like it rained.

My sister and BIL are in Newnan.

Yes flying Delta, no probs yet. At least it is a direct flight. The Crown Room makes those delays more tollerable.

If ya haen't been and I see you are, AKV's ROCK!!!!!Club Level is fun, but we haev decided with a 1 bdr don't really need it. That is for us, but worth the experience for sure.
I'm jealous - your sister is about an hour closer to WDW than we are!!!

Not doing a villa this trip; we have one of those 4th floor savanna view rooms booked! We love AKL/AKV and have stayed there many times.

Have a safe trip and good luck in the 1/2!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:37 AM   #702
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Great news, Heather! I'm so happy for you and your family.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #703
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Heather, that is terrific news for your dad and your family!!!!

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #704
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! We are still flying high with the good news!!

I have heard about all the delays and cancellations with Delta/American lines. Here in Birmingham they said there were a few flights cancelled to the Atlanta area...and one lady had to rent a car and drive the 8 hrs to get there.

Good luck in the marathon this weekend Scott!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #705
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Thanks everyone!! We are still flying high with the good news!!

I have heard about all the delays and cancellations with Delta/American lines. Here in Birmingham they said there were a few flights cancelled to the Atlanta area...and one lady had to rent a car and drive the 8 hrs to get there.

Good luck in the marathon this weekend Scott!!
Delta says things will be "back to normal" by tomorrow. Last night there were hundreds, if not thousands, of people stranded at Atlanta-Hartsfield-Jackson Airport because of all the cancellations; and I think what upset the stranded travelers more than anything was the lack of communication. Delta's management needs to do a better job of trouble-shooting these emergency situations.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: