Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #601
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

The link is working again:

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view...ge_tab_newstab

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #602
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnim64 View Post
I had 2 teenaged daughters when DS was born 13 1/2 years ago. What an adjustment for all of us having a little boy. DD was 17 when little brother was born, so at least she knows a little about what to expect with a little boy. Look out for those teenaged years. I didn't think turning 13 would make such a difference, but along with the 'teen' came the attitude. He's been grounded from 'screen time' for the last several weeks due to grades.

Wow...well..DH and I are discussing having a baby...we have decided that we will decide by our cruise next year for sure. We are trying to figure out how things would be when DS is a teen and then having a baby. And ds has already hit those attitude problems the last few months. OMG!!! We also take away games/tv...we call it "Paige Unplugged". Meaning everything that is electronic is "gone" for a certain time. Right now his computer is taken away for the past week. I'm not looking forward to the next few (or more) years

Angie...don't go out in this weather right now...stay home and safe!!! We had bad weather this am(the weather alarm went off all night) but it was just ALOT of lightning and rain and lots of hail. In our county someone sent a pic to the news of thier back porch covered in hail!! Luckily we didn't have any tornado warnings!!! Stay inside until it's all gone!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #603
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Good Sunday Morning!!

We are off to see College Road Trip with ds this afternoon. Then my sis and her hubby will be coming over and we are having a cook out (burgers and hot dogs).

I saw the Magic on the two palms cam last night!!! I haven't seen that in years (since waiting for our last cruise in 05). It was just wierd, I clicked on the link and BOOM...there she was!! Pretty neat!!

Have a great Sunday!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #604
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
OMG! There was a picture from Atlanta on the front page of the local newspaper yesterday, but this really shows the destruction. Amazing that no one was killed in all that weather.

First trip to WDW Nov. 2002
DCL Magic June 2004, May 2006
WONDERful girls' cruise Nov. 2007
WDW Sept. 2010 Caleb's 16th and Kristen's 30th Birthdays
whnim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #605
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Wow...well..DH and I are discussing having a baby...we have decided that we will decide by our cruise next year for sure. We are trying to figure out how things would be when DS is a teen and then having a baby. And ds has already hit those attitude problems the last few months. OMG!!! We also take away games/tv...we call it "Paige Unplugged". Meaning everything that is electronic is "gone" for a certain time. Right now his computer is taken away for the past week. I'm not looking forward to the next few (or more) years
DS came along when DD's were 14 and 17. DD14 had a MAJOR attitude; stepdad in the picture after just the 'girls' for almost 10 years. When DS came along, she knew that stepdad was in it for the long run, and he's been a great dad to all of them. The girls hadn't seen their dad since they were 4 and 7. Choosing to have a baby was the best decision. Although I'm wondering, now, what was I thinking .

Old 03-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #606
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

OMG, just saw the photos of the destruction in Atlanta....how horrible! I have so busy this weekend this weekend with other things I never turned on the TV on even logged on to my computer once. I had no idea any of this had happened. Were there many deaths? I still can't believe the devastation.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #607
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
OMG, just saw the photos of the destruction in Atlanta....how horrible! I have so busy this weekend this weekend with other things I never turned on the TV on even logged on to my computer once. I had no idea any of this had happened. Were there many deaths? I still can't believe the devastation.
Amazingly, even with the Georgia Dome full of SEC fans (and a game in progress), plus the normal activity in that area on a Friday night, there were only injuries (none severe) and no deaths. The World Congress Center was preparing for a huge Home Show the next day - it got damaged so badly they're not sure of the building integrity at this point. Several historic neighborhoods are in really bad shape. The reports I've heard say the sirens did go off and people had several minutes to seek shelter - or it would have been much worse.

Unfortunately, the series of storms and tornadoes that came through Georgia on Saturday caused 2 deaths (and some severe injuries) in Polk & Floyd Counties.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #608
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DS came along when DD's were 14 and 17. DD14 had a MAJOR attitude; stepdad in the picture after just the 'girls' for almost 10 years. When DS came along, she knew that stepdad was in it for the long run, and he's been a great dad to all of them. The girls hadn't seen their dad since they were 4 and 7. Choosing to have a baby was the best decision. Although I'm wondering, now, what was I thinking .

LOL So you know exactly what I may be going through!! Ds father was not around after he was 9 mos old...and then came back for about 6 months just a few years ago. Brandon quickly found out what a liar he was, and then after tons of promises he just never called him or came to see him again. That was right around the time I was talking to Ed (brandon had not met hime yet). It was hard on him, but Ed is such a great guy, plus ds has his papa and uncle that have always been around for him. It should be pretty interesting for sure. Dh really wants to experience having a baby, but if we decide not to have one, he will be happy with helping raise ds.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 03-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #609
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

I admire you ladies that do that 2nd round of having babies. Once we had our two, we said we were done. I can't imagine starting all over!!! I guess part of it is because we were older when we got married and even older when we had our 1st ... I was almost 33!

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #610
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I was 20 when I had my ds. I'll be about 34 when (if) we decide to have one. That is one of my reasons NOT to have a baby...we'll almost be "child free" by then (though ds will always be my baby..lol). We could save money and vacation a lot...or we could try to have a baby....lots to think about!

We had a great time at the McWayne Science Center today (we have a year membership there...so no cost to get in!!) We spent most of the time in the new dinasour exhibit. Ds had a great time there! Then we came home and played basket ball for awhile. (i'm trying to keep him busy so I don't hear the "I'm so bored" whining!!) hahaha
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #611
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I was 20 when I had my ds. I'll be about 34 when (if) we decide to have one. That is one of my reasons NOT to have a baby...we'll almost be "child free" by then (though ds will always be my baby..lol). We could save money and vacation a lot...or we could try to have a baby....lots to think about!
DS was born 2 weeks before my 40th birthday, so you have plenty of time.

Ang, How are things in the Atlanta area? Is everything getting back to normal after all that destruction?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #612
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
DS was born 2 weeks before my 40th birthday, so you have plenty of time.

Ang, How are things in the Atlanta area? Is everything getting back to normal after all that destruction?
And Tori was born 6 months AFTER my 40th!!! (although now that we're in the teen years - this is my 3rd round of "life with a teenager"!! - I'm wondering WHAT I was thinking!! )

It's going to be awhile before Atlanta is back to normal. Some venues have already re-opened, but they're still assessing damage to the World Congress Center, Westin (which actually "shifted several feet" - it's a tall glass circular building), the residential areas. Yesterday, crews were in Centennial Olympic Park trying to remove the millions of shards of glass.

Storms predicted for later today. Keeping our fingers crossed that it's nothing more than rain.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #613
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
It's going to be awhile before Atlanta is back to normal. Some venues have already re-opened, but they're still assessing damage to the World Congress Center, Westin (which actually "shifted several feet" - it's a tall glass circular building), the residential areas. Yesterday, crews were in Centennial Olympic Park trying to remove the millions of shards of glass.

Storms predicted for later today. Keeping our fingers crossed that it's nothing more than rain.
I hadn't heard that about the Westin. is right! I was at the Y this morning & noticed an advertisement for a Good Friday breakfast at the World Congress Center ... guess it won't be there. As of this morning, I think all streets but 2 in downtown are now open.

Fortunately Bruce & I both work where we live (i.e., in the 'burbs). We rarely actually go to downtown.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #614
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
I hadn't heard that about the Westin. is right! I was at the Y this morning & noticed an advertisement for a Good Friday breakfast at the World Congress Center ... guess it won't be there. As of this morning, I think all streets but 2 in downtown are now open.

Fortunately Bruce & I both work where we live (i.e., in the 'burbs). We rarely actually go to downtown.

Ang
I heard about the Westin on the news last night. (WSB) The newscast said that spokesmen for the Westin said the building was "designed to do that" My son Eric & his bride-to-be plan to spend their wedding night there before leaving on their honeymoon the next morning. I'm going to suggest they might want to consider a different hotel! Wedding is in late May so I'm sure the glass damage will be fixed - but I don't know who designed that building - I'd want to research that!!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #615
Hygiene99
I am quite the little Teapot
EVERYTHING DISNEY

May Repo Cruiser / Panama

Just thought I would share my excitement with Ya!

got air for 32 bucks

One Way.
This is for our other cruise!

Depart:
Boston (Portsmouth, NH) to
Jacksonville/Daytona Bch (St. Augustine, FL)
Sat, Aug. 30, 2008: Flight 1105
Leaves - 6:20 PM
Arrives - 8:58 PM
Prices
Peter r $10.00
Jennifer r $10.00
Taxes & Fees* $12.00

Total price of this trip: $32.00
Amount Due: $32.00
Other Purchases:
*Government taxes and other fees we're required to collect.

Did the drive to WDW once before it was not to bad! about 100 miles or so!
Hygiene99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: