Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3271
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey guys, I didn't participate here much but I followed along a bit. We had a great cruise and my mom and I met a few of you by chance.

I too got sick. I started feeling ill in Tortola, just a sore throat and a head ache and it didn't progress much further than that while on the ship. The last night though I was definitely starting to lose my voice. Saturday I could barely speak, sounded like an old lady! Also very congested and lots of build-up in my throat. Luckily for me I am now all better although now Mom has come down with it!
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #3272
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
You missed the kilt? I brought four of them and wore one everyday, sorry you missed them, and no even though I was one of men wearing a ladies bra and shakin my booty, I did not flip the kilt up at Rockin Bar D.

The Man
That night at Rockin Bar D was hysterical! The guys up there in the bras...
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #3273
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Where I am, in my mind.....

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #3274
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy7979 View Post
Not us!
Out of the three of us I did, started Thursday was really bad driving home. But it's almost gone now. Just a cold, cough and sore throat.
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #3275
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post

... reading your book

... or staring up at the clouds

... or dreaming of heading for the hot tub

you were sneaky.... I am still reading that book.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #3276
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
You missed the kilt? I brought four of them and wore one everyday, sorry you missed them, and no even though I was one of men wearing a ladies bra and shakin my booty, I did not flip the kilt up at Rockin Bar D.

The Man
We saw you every where and I believe there was a little flipping
Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #3277
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
I came back with borderline pnuemonia! I came down with cold like symptoms in St. Thomas and wasn't too bad until we came back on Saturday. I went to the doc on Tuesday, got placed on four meds and got a shot in the butt! I went back yesterday for a follow up, if my lungs hadn't cleared they were going to admit me to the hospital! I'm still a little wheezy but I am feeling much,much better....
Wow Becky I hope you fell better. I had such a nice tie talking to you guys, if you are ever up here please let me know.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #3278
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

People don't notice me taking pictures with the Canon D10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
you were sneaky.... I am still reading that book.
We were trying out the D10 in as many water situations as we could in order to get a better understanding of the camera's capabilities, including the adult pool. More pictures to come.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #3279
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

No flu, Just Blue, too

We flew (traveled on airplanes - notorious for recycled, germy air), scuba, snorkeled, hot tubbed, shared a category 11 with 4 adults in close quarters, didn't ALWAYS take the disinfectant wipe at the restaurant door, and were all over the ship - except the kid areas. None of us are sick. Count us "No flu, just blue," too.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #3280
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Nobody sick here, either. Just working too much. Had to jump back into it the day after we got back, and haven't slowed down yet.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #3281
TiggStitch
Mouseketeer

Nope, we lucked out, we didn't get sick....just depressed being back from that spectacular week!

I hate to say we missed that first night at the Rockin' Bar D with Match Your Mate and all. The ship was doing a little bit too much rocking for me to go there. So at dinner I excused myself and went back to the stateroom. I was bummed because the D is our nighttime hang out on our cruises. We are depressed having left David, DJ Mike, Oscar (our favorite tennis player!!), Ari, Max, etc.....everything from the food, the staff, characters, being with friends again, OMG and that HYPNOSIS show in the D!! One of my personal faves!!! It was great!!

Thanks DCL, see ya June 2010!!!

TiggStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #3282
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules View Post
Just curious-how many of you came home with a cold/flu?

My kids got it on the last day and we didn't fly. So, needless to say, I got it a couple of days laters.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #3283
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Vodka Martini Testing

Pictures first, details later...

This was the second martini tasking - the first involved gin - I didn't even know there were two different ones (not that it would have mattered - I don't really like gin any more than vodka). I did this more for the experience than from any love of vodka or martinis - as a matter of fact, they taste smell like the alcohol we used to keep under the bathroom sink to clean blemishes - made me want to find a rag and start cleaning paint off the floor.

The CM conducting the tasting..... very proud of her Polish heritage and vodka!!

The complement of martinis, shakers etc.

First martini - classic, with olive - one sip was enough for me (no offense, just personal taste)

Cosmo martini - this I could drink

The remaining two - one was a "toblerone" martini, including Baileys, Kahlua, Godiva (this was most edible) and the other was citrusy, contained lemoncella (sp?) - pretty good.

In short, I enjoyed the experience, but am not a martini convert (would never choose one over wine).

My once-every-30-years luck broke through the barrier this day - I won two things. In my left hand, a tropical martini (at that point, without a place mat to provide cues, I couldn't tell you what was in it) - which I WON - by answering this question - "What is the best martini?". The presumed correct answer (for all the tastings) is "The one you like." I prefer my answer, which was "THAT ONE!!".

In left hand (on the right side of the picture) is one of 4 promotional backpacks given out during a presentation by the directing animator of "Up" (Dave Mullins - different, upcoming thread). I walked in during the last 5 minutes of the presentation (had gone to one earlier in the week), received a raffle ticket, won, got it signed by Dave and made it to the martini tasting only a couple of minutes late!!

There, now you know what the person behind the camera looks like - a tad overweight, slightly inebriated!!

The experience was fun, reasonable, I recommend it is if fits into your interests and schedule. $12

Last edited by ehagerty; 06-08-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 AM   #3284
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Your whole review of the martini tasting made me laugh. I think it is just so funny. Congrats on the 2 winnings! Wish I had been there. Saw that they were happening, but just did not sign up for them. I had an appletini twice- (my 1st ever) and every night at dinner I would try one of their special drinks. My favorite was the appletini cosmo. Much more appealing than just the appletini (which I did manage to choke down lol.)
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #3285
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
My once-every-30-years luck broke through the barrier this day - I won two things. In my left hand, a tropical martini (at that point, without a place mat to provide cues, I couldn't tell you what was in it) - which I WON - by answering this question - "What is the best martini?". The presumed correct answer (for all the tastings) is "The one you like." I prefer my answer, which was "THAT ONE!!".

In left hand (on the right side of the picture) is one of 4 promotional backpacks given out during a presentation by the directing animator of "Up" (Dave Mullins - different, upcoming thread). I walked in during the last 5 minutes of the presentation (had gone to one earlier in the week), received a raffle ticket, one, got it sign by Dave and made it to the martini tasting only a couple of minutes late!!

There, now you know what the person behind the camera looks like - a tad overweight, slightly inebriated!!

The experience was fun, reasonable, I recommend it is if fits into your interests and schedule. $12
We were at that martini tasting! I guess we never met, so I didn't realize that was you that won. Bruce & I were at a table in the middle of the room not far from you. Congrats on the wins that day!

Is it ok if I "steal" a few of your martini tasting pics? Mine didn't come out so well.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: