Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 AM   #256
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

How is everyone doing with their weather this week? We are predicted to have freezing rain Wed. night/Thurs. morning. No fun! Maybe we'll get lucky & get to see some white, fluffy stuff instead.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #257
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Hi everyone....I'm back, but have not read any of the previous posts since last Wednesday...did i miss anything important?
I am happy to report that I successfully completed the 26.2 mile Mickey marathon at WDW on Sunday and have my medal to prove it! It was such a blast! I trained very hard for a year and it paid off as I finished without any difficulty. Not too shabby for a fat old broad. Once I stopped, however, it was a completely different story...I could barely limp my way to the monorail even though the skies opened up and it was pouring. I was pretty much in agony the rest of the day, but felt much better yesterday.
Some fellow cruisers also did very well. Nancy(padisneyfan) also successfully completed the Mickey and Jenn(hygiene99) aced the Half-marathon the day before. Don't know if Peter and Jenn made it home yesterday due to the snow up north. I'm sure they won't be too bummed out if they have to spend an extra day at WDW!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #258
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Congrats on finishing the marathon!!!! That's awesome.

We're due for some sort of frozen precip tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be snow instead of sleet, no ice, just snow please.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #259
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
How is everyone doing with their weather this week? We are predicted to have freezing rain Wed. night/Thurs. morning. No fun! Maybe we'll get lucky & get to see some white, fluffy stuff instead.

Ang
Angie, you've lived here long enough to know we're due for another ice storm! At least that's what Glenn Burns, Paul Ossman and all the Atlanta weather people are hyping! It won't be long until everyone's making the mad dash to the grocery store for bread, milk, eggs, batteries, firelogs, candles, and the most important of all -- BEER & WINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post

We're due for some sort of frozen precip tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be snow instead of sleet, no ice, just snow please.
Please let us Atlantans know when your precip starts (and in what form!). It'll prepare us for what's on its way!!

And YES, CONGRATS to all who finished the marathon!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #260
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post

Ang

Yes Please...I'd love to see Snow in AL!!! They at first said "possible snow flurries" then "winter weather" now "winter participation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Hi everyone....I'm back, but have not read any of the previous posts since last Wednesday...did i miss anything important?
I am happy to report that I successfully completed the 26.2 mile Mickey marathon at WDW on Sunday and have my medal to prove it! It was such a blast! I trained very hard for a year and it paid off as I finished without any difficulty. Not too shabby for a fat old broad. Once I stopped, however, it was a completely different story...I could barely limp my way to the monorail even though the skies opened up and it was pouring. I was pretty much in agony the rest of the day, but felt much better yesterday.
Some fellow cruisers also did very well. Nancy(padisneyfan) also successfully completed the Mickey and Jenn(hygiene99) aced the Half-marathon the day before. Don't know if Peter and Jenn made it home yesterday due to the snow up north. I'm sure they won't be too bummed out if they have to spend an extra day at WDW!
CONGRATS TO ALL!!! WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING IT MUST BE TO FINISH!!!

Quote:

DITTO

[QUOTE=RachelTori;22594319]Angie, you've lived here long enough to know we're due for another ice storm! At least that's what Glenn Burns, Paul Ossman and all the Atlanta weather people are hyping! It won't be long until everyone's making the mad dash to the grocery store for bread, milk, eggs, batteries, firelogs, candles, and the most important of all -- BEER & WINE!!!!

Please let us Atlantans know when your precip starts (and in what form!). It'll prepare us for what's on its way!!

QUOTE]

Hmmm...never been through an ice storm before..should I be worried?? Our fire place is a gas fireplace...we have flashlights from our "hurricane" stash...anything else we should do/get?
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #261
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
No problem. I think it's supposed to start sometime tomorrow afternoon. This morning I heard it's supposed to be sleet. We've been due for a big one for some time now. Can't wait. That means no work cause everything shuts down.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #262
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Yes Please...I'd love to see Snow in AL!!! They at first said "possible snow flurries" then "winter weather" now "winter participation".

Hmmm...never been through an ice storm before..should I be worried?? Our fire place is a gas fireplace...we have flashlights from our "hurricane" stash...anything else we should do/get?
Heather, be warned about using the gas fireplace too much. Our 1st year we were in our house we had a BAD ice storm ... maybe it was our 2nd winter because we bought the gas logs in the off-season. Anyway, we were stuck in our house so we used the fireplace ... can't remember if the electricity had gone out our not ... our gas bill that month was close to $500!! Talk about !

I need to run to the store today for more milk anyway. Guess I should consider what else I need to buy, just in case. Yes, we are due for another. And, we are due for snow! Since we've been here (almost 10 years), it has consistently snowed at our house every other year - some years more than others. My kids are still little that they have a hard time remembering the snow from year to year.

We're the same here ... if it snows or sleets, everything will shut down. The bad thing now for me is that my company gives us the flexibility to work from home. So if it storms & we still have electricity it's no free day for us.

Stay warm everyone.
Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #263
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Most of the time in Alabama it's a panic for nothing, but every once in awhile... We really are due for a good one. I don't think we've had a good storm up here in over 5 years. We had a slight dusting last year, but not enough to cancel anything. It sure was pretty though. We live in the mountains, so if there's any snow or ice we're not going anywhere.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #264
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Most of the time in Alabama it's a panic for nothing, but every once in awhile... We really are due for a good one. I don't think we've had a good storm up here in over 5 years. We had a slight dusting last year, but not enough to cancel anything. It sure was pretty though. We live in the mountains, so if there's any snow or ice we're not going anywhere.
We live in the mountains too! I guess we'll be good to go if anything does happen. We just went to the store Monday. WOW....a $500 gas bill

the only thing I am concerned about is we are supposed to fly out at 6:55am Friday morning to Orlando!!!! Which means we need to leave here around 4:30 or 5:00 to get to the airport.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #265
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Right now for here they're saying sleet/snow tomorrow afternoon and then rain and the mid 30's for tomorrow night.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:10 AM   #266
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

bumping up to pg 1!

So far so good weather wise. Very cloudy, no rain here yet! South of us is raining and a little sleet they said on the news.

I'm going to have a lazy day today....some , trip to the post office, pick up ds from school and that is it!! The cloudy weather makes me tired.

BTW, ds had a blast at the wrestling thing last night. Turns out our next door neighbors sat right in front of ds! Go Figure...it's a small world....
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #267
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

It's overcast here, but that's it for right now.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #268
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's overcast here, but that's it for right now.
Same here ... overcast & cold ... that's it.
Angie
Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #269
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

It's sleeting now!!!! We've just been outside for about 10 minutes!! It's the first time this Floridian has seen sleet!! They say it won't be icy to the point of icy roads here...but the news guy said north eastern AL and GA may have to deal with Icy condtions tonight.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #270
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
WOW....a $500 gas bill
That's what our propane bill will be when they fill up our tank this month, if not more. This time last year we paid $600 for January. It was only $365 last month, but it's supposed to get down to 0 this weekend with an inch of snow. Our furnace, hot water and clothes dryer run off of propane. I've been really cold this winter, so have been turning the thermostat up to 70 degrees when I'm home. I'm so ready to move south. I even told DH last week that I'll go ahead and find us a nice condo or townhome somewhere down south, and he can join me when he retires in 15 years. Of course when we win the HGTV dream home sweepstakes, we'll have that nice 2 million dollar home in the Florida Keys

First trip to WDW Nov. 2002
DCL Magic June 2004, May 2006
WONDERful girls' cruise Nov. 2007
WDW Sept. 2010 Caleb's 16th and Kristen's 30th Birthdays
whnim64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: