Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #226
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Heather,

Stay safe. I think your weather is heading this way.

I have family in Irondale AL so I imagine they've been in their basement too.

I'm sure it's very comforting to your Dad & Mom to have you, your thoughtful DH and DS there with them.
Thanks, and yes, I do think the weather is heading your way. Be careful! Hopefully it will loose strength by the time it gets to you.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #227
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Pictures for our Cruise Meet

How would everyone feel about posting pictures of your group? I could post them on the web page. This way we could know who to look for on the cruise.

If anyone feels uncomfortable about posting pictures out there on "the web" I could make the page password protected and just PM everyone cruising the password.

You could either post your pictures here, or email them to me at :

HpBahamaMama1 at aol dot com

Just a thought!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #228
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Thanks, and yes, I do think the weather is heading your way. Be careful! Hopefully it will loose strength by the time it gets to you.
Heather, you & your husband are special people to pick up & move to be closer to your parents. That's great that you are taking care of them.

The weather must have fizzled out by the time it reached us. The weather radio never went off. I'm glad! We don't have a basement at our house so we'd all be huddled in my walk-in closet or the laundry room. I need to check with a friend that lives in Lamar County MS. I read that there were tornadoes there yesterday.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #229
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
How would everyone feel about posting pictures of your group? I could post them on the web page. This way we could know who to look for on the cruise.

If anyone feels uncomfortable about posting pictures out there on "the web" I could make the page password protected and just PM everyone cruising the password.

You could either post your pictures here, or email them to me at :

HpBahamaMama1 at aol dot com

Just a thought!
We had pictues on a website for our last cruise (5/27/06). I'm ok with it. I'll have to find a family picture of us ... not sure that we have one that is recent.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 01-11-2008, 06:55 AM   #230
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Booked our WDW vacation for this summer ... guess I need to add a ticker so I can start counting down. I booked a standard view room at POFQ. We've mainly stayed at value resorts but I decided that I want to move up a notch. Anyone ever stay there? I think the girls will enjoy the pool with the slide. The only negative things that I read were about the bus transportation ... that it can get crowded sometimes. Here are my dining ressies ... any comments/suggestions?

Day 1 - no park this day - Cindy's Happily Ever After (@ the GF) dinner
Day 2 - CM breakfast
Day 3 - LeCellier
Day 4 - 50s Prime Time
Day 5 - Biergarten
Day 6 - O'hana dinner

O'hana is the only one that we've done before. We've done CM but only for dinner.

We're not doing DDP this time. Last year I bought 10-day non-expiring park hoppers knowing that we'd go back this year. With the changes with DDP & having to buy at least a 1 day ticket for each of us makes DDP more than OOP.

Ang
Old 01-11-2008, 06:58 AM   #231
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
The weather must have fizzled out by the time it reached us. The weather radio never went off. I'm glad! We don't have a basement at our house so we'd all be huddled in my walk-in closet or the laundry room. I need to check with a friend that lives in Lamar County MS. I read that there were tornadoes there yesterday.

Ang
Yes, the storm fizzled on its way to Atlanta. (phew!) Hope everybody stayed safe in AL & MS.

Quote:
We had pictues on a website for our last cruise (5/27/06). I'm ok with it. I'll have to find a family picture of us ... not sure that we have one that is recent.

Ang
That's always the challenge for us too - finding a recent picture with the 3 of us (I'm usually behind the camera!! ) Angie, I know of beautiful recent picture of your family (think pink & brown!).

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:07 AM   #232
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Booked our WDW vacation for this summer ... guess I need to add a ticker so I can start counting down. I booked a standard view room at POFQ. We've mainly stayed at value resorts but I decided that I want to move up a notch. Anyone ever stay there? I think the girls will enjoy the pool with the slide. The only negative things that I read were about the bus transportation ... that it can get crowded sometimes. Here are my dining ressies ... any comments/suggestions?

Day 2 - CM breakfast
Day 3 - LeCellier
Day 4 - 50s Prime Time
Day 5 - Biergarten
Day 6 - O'hana dinner

O'hana is the only one that we've done before. We've done CM but only for dinner.

We're not doing DDP this time. Last year I bought 10-day non-expiring park hoppers knowing that we'd go back this year. With the changes with DDP & having to buy at least a 1 day ticket for each of us makes DDP more than OOP.

Ang
I've stayed at POFQ many times -- love it!! You'll get a kick out of the street names! I love the size of the resort -- no room is ever "too far away"! The buses aren't bad - you're first to be picked up, first dropped back off. There are times when the bus will only make one stop at Riverside too (most often you'll have to sit through all the stops though!) Take the boat to DTD - it's a beautiful ride.

I like your dining choices. Biergarten is one of Tori's favorite restaurants. The entertainment is so much fun! Your girls can go down on the dance floor and have a blast!! Tell Bruce that lots of Daddies dance with their little girls too! We all love LeCellier and 50s Prime Time too! The wait-staff at Prime Time is so much fun! We haven't done CM in several years, but we've always had a great experience there too!

When is your trip?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #233
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When is your trip?
We're going June 8-14. June 8 is still part of Gay Days weekend so we won't do a park on that day. When I was single I was at WDW on Gay Days weekend. It didn't bother me but that's not something that I want to explain to 2 small girls at this point... maybe in a few years.

My sister lives in Lake Mary, FL & has a new pool at her house. We'll more than likely drive to her house Friday night & spend the weekend with them until Sunday early afternoon.

My family did a few Disney trips when I was growing up... when I looked back at pictures I was surprised to find that we actually went to WDW the year that it opened! We stayed in our pop-up camper at FW that year. I remember eating at Beirgarten way back when. One day I'll go back to the restaurant in France to eat. We had our Thanksgiving lunch there one year when I was in college.

Ang
Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #234
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
We're going June 8-14. June 8 is still part of Gay Days weekend so we won't do a park on that day. When I was single I was at WDW on Gay Days weekend. It didn't bother me but that's not something that I want to explain to 2 small girls at this point... maybe in a few years.
Perfectly understandable! We went in June 2000 (Tori was 6) having no idea it was Gay Days! Thankfully, the only question she asked was why all the "red shirts"!!! (now she knows *why* and none of us have any problems visiting WDW during Gay Days!)

Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #235
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Heather, you & your husband are special people to pick up & move to be closer to your parents. That's great that you are taking care of them.

Ang
Thanks! I'm glad the weather wasn't bad in your area. Yes, Lamar County was mentioned alot yesterday on the news. I know in one area (not sure which county) a school bus ended up on top of a school roof!! I just saw the pictures this am.

Quote:

Day 2 - CM breakfast
Day 3 - LeCellier
Day 4 - 50s Prime Time
Day 5 - Biergarten
Day 6 - O'hana dinner

Ang

We've never stayed at POFQ, but have visited family staying there...very nice!!!! Your dining plans sound great. We LOVE CM for breakfast!! (we like it better than the dinner) O'hana dinner is awesome too...we were going to have dinner here for our intimate wedding!! Our all time favorite of course is Le Cellier!!! (the other 2 we haven't tried) You've made some GREAT choices. We've gone around that same time a few years...my ds bday is 6/14!! So we always tried to go for his bday!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #236
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ang
Quote:

That's always the challenge for us too - finding a recent picture with the 3 of us (I'm usually behind the camera!! )
I know...the only recent photo we have of the 3 of us is our wedding photos from August. I'll just have to put up a couple pictures to cover the 3 of us if we can't find one of all of us together! LOL
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #237
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

The weather wasn't too terribly bad for us. Just severe storms and that only lasted about an hour and a half. They closed schools at noon and since the church I work for has a daycare, they closed and so did I. Jason was able to leave work early too, so we were home before the worst of it got there.

Hope everyone survived okay. And TGIF!!!!

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #238
whnim64
DIS Veteran

Heather, I admire you and your husband for taking care of your parents. It's something that you'll never regret, I'm sure. Growing up in Central Illinois, we're used to basements and tornado warnings at least 5 or 6 time a year. It was 3 years ago that Caleb and I were in the basement and heard the tornado rip the siding off the north side of our house and take down our barn. Larry is a volunteer fireman and was at the fire station. We don't have a finished basement; it's a creepy 100-year old basement that floods occasionally. We just hope that there's not 6 inches of water down there during the storms.

We don't mind sharing a picture of us. The last one we have is from our cruise in 2006, and Caleb has grown a foot and a half since then. I'll see what I can come up with.

Ang, I had no idea there were gay days at WDW. That wouldn't make a bit of difference to us now that Caleb is older, but it might have made some awkward questions years back. We've only been to WDW once and are planning on staying for a week or so next year after the cruise. I have no idea about dining, so would have to hop over to the dining boards to get ideas. We loved HDD, and would do that again, though.

First trip to WDW Nov. 2002
DCL Magic June 2004, May 2006
WONDERful girls' cruise Nov. 2007
WDW Sept. 2010 Caleb's 16th and Kristen's 30th Birthdays
whnim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #239
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

A friend asked me to go to our mall & pick up something at Build-a-bear for her so I did. I decided to run in to The Disney Store across the hall. I shouldn't have. I can't resist a sale!!! Almost everything in the store was 40% off. Last year Emily got in to pin trading at WDW. I found some pins for $3. I remember that we couldn't find anything less than $5 at WDW. I bought 8 of the same so the girls can trade. I also found them each a battery-operated small fan that they can hang around their necks. My husband will kill me! Oh well ... racking up more of my Disney Visa reward points.
Ang
Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #240
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

I'll have to look for a picture too.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: