Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #1651
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

I just wanted to let you all know that Sharon's mom passed away this morning. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, and please be thinking of Sharon and her family in the days to come.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #1652
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraA View Post
This is my first post on the board after lots of "lurking" time. My family of 4, my in-laws, and my mom are all looking forward to this cruise. Me and my guys did the Mexican Riviera cruise last year (our first DCL) and fell in love. We just knew we had to do it again and share it with family.

Anyway, we will be flying into MCO on Friday the 22 and are planning on going on to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach that night (we arrive at 8:30 pm). Does anyone have any good transporation info they can pass on - we'll be 5 adults and 2 mid-sized munchkins (and ALL the luggage). LOL. We're debating about doing one-way car rentals but didn't know if there was something cheaper/easier, etc.

Thanks for the advice! And I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and hopefully meeting on the boat!

Hi Chiara and welcome! Sorry it seems you stepped in at a sad moment.

Car rental is probably cheaper, but not so much easier. Maybe not even cheaper once you get a vehicle big enough for everyone and the luggage.
I would check online with some of the companies that offer transportation.
FLTours, Happy Limo, Tiffany Towncar, and ******** Limo are some of the choices. Limos start at about $325 and go upwards from there. They will take you from the airport, to your hotel and then to port....along with picking you back up at the port and taking you back to the airport or to WDW if you're going there afterward.

Which Mexican Riviera cruise were you on? We went last summer also.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #1653
justmestace

Looks like the DIS won't let me mention that last one. You can PM me if you want the name of it.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #1654
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that Sharon's mom passed away this morning. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, and please be thinking of Sharon and her family in the days to come.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll keep her family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #1655
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Just an update. My mom died very peacefully this morning. Everyone was suprised it went so quickly, especially the hospice nurses. My sister & I were there holding her hands, I guess when you are ready to go home, you are ready. We as a family laughed & cried all day. But everyone, including brothers, sisters,my step son, nieces, nephews, grand nieces & nephews showed up to give their respect. It was awesome to see. I am sad but at the same time, not. What quality of life did she have. We sometimes are more kind to our pets than we are to our family. She is up there with my dad, my sister, my husband, and other family members..and she once again remembers all & is happily running around without any dimentia to limit her.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 AM   #1656
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimuck View Post
Just an update. My mom died very peacefully this morning. Everyone was suprised it went so quickly, especially the hospice nurses. My sister & I were there holding her hands, I guess when you are ready to go home, you are ready. We as a family laughed & cried all day. But everyone, including brothers, sisters,my step son, nieces, nephews, grand nieces & nephews showed up to give their respect. It was awesome to see. I am sad but at the same time, not. What quality of life did she have. We sometimes are more kind to our pets than we are to our family. She is up there with my dad, my sister, my husband, and other family members..and she once again remembers all & is happily running around without any dimentia to limit her.
Sharon, I am so sorry for your loss. We went through the same thing with my mom as far as how quickly it went but believe me it was a blessing for all of you, especially her.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #1657
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So sorry to hear this, please pass on our condolences to her and the family.
We will be thinking of and praying for them.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #1658
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

We had a great experience with a transportation company the last time we went on DCL - I'd recommend them. It won't let me post the name but send me a PM and I'll share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraA View Post
This is my first post on the board after lots of "lurking" time. My family of 4, my in-laws, and my mom are all looking forward to this cruise. Me and my guys did the Mexican Riviera cruise last year (our first DCL) and fell in love. We just knew we had to do it again and share it with family.

Anyway, we will be flying into MCO on Friday the 22 and are planning on going on to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach that night (we arrive at 8:30 pm). Does anyone have any good transporation info they can pass on - we'll be 5 adults and 2 mid-sized munchkins (and ALL the luggage). LOL. We're debating about doing one-way car rentals but didn't know if there was something cheaper/easier, etc.

Thanks for the advice! And I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and hopefully meeting on the boat!

Last edited by Amy7979; 02-11-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Got ******ed out!
Amy7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #1659
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sharon, so sorry about your mom's passing. But like you said, she is in a much better place now. We will continue to keep you & your family in our thoughts & prayers.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #1660
rockin_rep
DIS Veteran
Spending time at DL in the middle of the trip is just the icing on the cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post

I love Larry Fitzgerald (sp?). He's a Pitt boy! He seems like such a nice guy when he's interviewed. I KNOW he will get his chance. It was a good game.

t.
Well this is wayyy OT and I'm not really sure what thread this is on, but I just did a search here for Larry Fitzgerald and found this post....

So...wondering if you (or anyone else) saw the interview with Larry Fitzgerald the day after the Super Bowl on The Today Show (or maybe it was Good Morning America..?)

I'm trying to find it on youtube, have googled it too, and can't find it. It was so sweet, about his mother that had passed away, and I think it'd help a dear friend who is also grieving right now.

Anyone see it or know how to find it on line?

TIA.

~ Measure wealth not by what you have, but by what you have for which you wouldn't take money.
~ You can make more money; you can't make more time.
rockin_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #1661
rockin_rep
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ohh, I'm so very sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

~ Measure wealth not by what you have, but by what you have for which you wouldn't take money.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #1662
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sharon, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It is good that you and your sister were there with her. Please know we are thinking of you.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #1663
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin_rep View Post
Well this is wayyy OT and I'm not really sure what thread this is on, but I just did a search here for Larry Fitzgerald and found this post....

So...wondering if you (or anyone else) saw the interview with Larry Fitzgerald the day after the Super Bowl on The Today Show (or maybe it was Good Morning America..?)

I'm trying to find it on youtube, have googled it too, and can't find it. It was so sweet, about his mother that had passed away, and I think it'd help a dear friend who is also grieving right now.

Anyone see it or know how to find it on line?

TIA.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...77465#28977465

Here you go!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #1664
rockin_rep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, I'm excited to send this to some family members, too!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #1665
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts & prayers. And thanks Stace for the link on Larry Fitzgerald. It was a heart warming story. That almost happened between my dad & I before he passed away. Many times I have thanked the Lord that we had kissed & made up before he died. I went to work today (I work in a private country club) because it was a suprise birthday party for a beautiful & lovely 50 year old member. I wouldn't have missed working her party for the world, though they tried to get me to take some time off. Little did I know that another waiter friend of mine had told a group of these members that my mom had died. Well, the word spread like wildfire & before the night ended tonight, I bet I had 100 hugs & heartfelt words. It was an amazing night & I am so glad I made the decision to work. The membership in my club has so many wonderful people. They consider me a friend and part of their family.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: