Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #1636
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
JHow about cutoff 30 days before we sail? That way we find the last minute people and can still have time to purchase our FEs. Although some people (myself included) like to start early!
Sounds good to me too.
Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #1637
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

I'm wondering if 30 days is cutting it too close? Maybe a little further out?

After doing our bookings last night, I thought I'd mention that if anyone is wanting to book dolphin excursions in Tortola, DO THAT FIRST....then do your spa and Palo. The openings that they set out for booking last night booked up right away. They WILL open more before the 90 day mark, and again at 75...so don't panic.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #1638
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all. I would like to try to get a Palo brunch & dinner ressie. Which one do I need to try for 1st? I can't remember. Last cruise we were only able to get dinner. I think we may have more sea days on this one though.
Thanks!
Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #1639
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Hi all,

It is a very heavy heart that I post this, but unfortunately we have decided to reschedule our cruise. We had planned to travel with another couple that is near and dear to us and sadly one of them is having to deal with major health issues right now. We have transferred our ressie to another date in the fall when hopefully our friend will be fully recuperated and very eager to sail.

I am sad that I will not get the chance to meet all of you, but hope to cross paths again during future sailings. This has been a very nice and friendly group and I will miss chatting with you. It is rare to have a thread without drama, but this one has been a pleasure.

Heather: Thank-you so much for being a fabulous list-keeper....you are a real gem! If you don't mind, please PM me your snail mail address. I am going out of town for a few days, but when I return there is something I want to send to you. That said, I guess you can remove me from all the lists, which is funny because I already bought all my FE gifts!

Have a wonderful cruise and don't be surprised if I still pop in from time to time.

Jeanne

Jeanne, I'm sorry to hear about your friends health. I'm really sorry to hear that you won't be on the cruise with us! I was really looking forward to meeting you in person! I'm glad you were able to book another cruise, and I hope we'll end up on another cruise together in the future!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #1640
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
We got home late tonight and I popped in to see what everyone had been up to...and I'm so glad I did. Thanks for the reminder that we could book tonight!!!
We got our spa stuff, our Palo Brunch and the only excursion we wanted to book. We're not doing Palo dinner, so that leaves a couple of spaces open for everyone else.

I'm glad you looked on here!!!!

We were able to book Palo Brunch for the 2nd sea day at 11am.
booked Dolphin Encounter in Tortola for the early10:45am
Coral World by land/sea 8:15am
Couples Choice Villa Stone Massage our last sea day 10:45am!!!

I had NO problems getting online or booking what we wanted. (coral world only had the one time open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
Jeanne,
All,
I make my excursion arrangements as well. We're doing Palo our Vow Renewal night (Thursday). Two beach excursions. Jon is going Parasailing on Castaway Cay too! I aslo set up a spa foot-love appointment for Sunday. My feet will need it after our days at WDW before the ship sails.

How about cutoff 30 days before we sail? That way we find the last minute people and can still have time to purchase our FEs. Although some people (myself included) like to start early!
QUOTE=winotracy;30151168]:
I think this is good. We leave on May 9 so that gives me enough time to make sure I have everything before we go, but not worry about missing any latecomers.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Sounds good to me too.
Ang
Sounds good to me too. Is everyone OK with the 30 days out cut off mark? If not let us know!! (Stacey...were you thinking about making the cut off mark sooner...like 45 days or so? or later??)
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #1641
justmestace

I was thinking about 45 days....mostly due to buying things, tagging them, and all the other last minute travel purchases and packing. And for people who are leaving earlier. For those of us on a budget, it helps so that we wouldn't have any last minute worries. But I suppose 30 days isn't that much different.

Angie...I think they were offering brunch on all three sea days. I guess it depends on if you had a specific night in mind for dinner....so as not to miss formal night, pirate night, etc. If that's the case, then get your dinner reservation first, then brunch.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #1642
justmestace

One of the FE gifts that I'd ordered came today. Pretty nifty! At least, I hope they are!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 AM   #1643
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

From my Ebay habit, my FE things seem to arrive on a daily basis. I wonder if they have a 12 step program for Ebay addicts??
On a sadder note..my mom,who has severe dementia & who broke her hip on Thanksgiving is in serious trouble. They called the Hospice nurse in this evening because her breathing was very labored. They think she aspirated something, & she is now on comfort care. I left work & another sister & I sat with her for 7 hours. I just ran home for a little sleep & then am headed back in the morning. My head tells me that she is much better off if she died, but my heart tells me she is my mother & I don't want to lose her. So I don't quite know what to ask for..a speedy flight from this earth or some more time with us. It is quite hard for me because I lost my husband in late August after a 3 1/2 year battle with a brain tumor. So Hospice is no stranger to me. They are like Angels on Earth. The nurse sat with us quite awhile tonight just talking about how to let go gracefully. We could stop Hospice & have her admitted to a hospital, but to what end. Her dementia will never get better. It all amounts to qualityof life. She has none now. So we will wait & see. Thanks for listening to me..it has been a pretty long year for Kaylah & I.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #1644
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimuck View Post
From my Ebay habit, my FE things seem to arrive on a daily basis. I wonder if they have a 12 step program for Ebay addicts??
On a sadder note..my mom,who has severe dementia & who broke her hip on Thanksgiving is in serious trouble. They called the Hospice nurse in this evening because her breathing was very labored. They think she aspirated something, & she is now on comfort care. I left work & another sister & I sat with her for 7 hours. I just ran home for a little sleep & then am headed back in the morning. My head tells me that she is much better off if she died, but my heart tells me she is my mother & I don't want to lose her. So I don't quite know what to ask for..a speedy flight from this earth or some more time with us. It is quite hard for me because I lost my husband in late August after a 3 1/2 year battle with a brain tumor. So Hospice is no stranger to me. They are like Angels on Earth. The nurse sat with us quite awhile tonight just talking about how to let go gracefully. We could stop Hospice & have her admitted to a hospital, but to what end. Her dementia will never get better. It all amounts to qualityof life. She has none now. So we will wait & see. Thanks for listening to me..it has been a pretty long year for Kaylah & I.
So sorry to read you are going thru such a tough time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 AM   #1645
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Sharon, sorry to hear about your mom. We will be praying for all of you.

Ang
Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #1646
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Loosing my father in July, I could not imagine going through it again so soon. I will be thinking of you and Kaylah and saying prayers for you and your mother. Take care.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #1647
justmestace

Sharon...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #1648
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Sharon,
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. My Grandfather went through the same many years ago. I remember my Mom and how hard it was for her. With the dementia its harder for you than it is for her.

Hang in there.
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #1649
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Sharon - I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts.
Amy7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #1650
ChiaraA
Earning My Ears

Help with Transportation

This is my first post on the board after lots of "lurking" time. My family of 4, my in-laws, and my mom are all looking forward to this cruise. Me and my guys did the Mexican Riviera cruise last year (our first DCL) and fell in love. We just knew we had to do it again and share it with family.

Anyway, we will be flying into MCO on Friday the 22 and are planning on going on to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach that night (we arrive at 8:30 pm). Does anyone have any good transporation info they can pass on - we'll be 5 adults and 2 mid-sized munchkins (and ALL the luggage). LOL. We're debating about doing one-way car rentals but didn't know if there was something cheaper/easier, etc.

Thanks for the advice! And I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and hopefully meeting on the boat!
ChiaraA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: