Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #1621
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I know we talked about this before, but are any of the kids interrested in talking to each other before the cruise????

Since we are getting close to the 3 month mark I think it might be a good time to start it if they want to.

Mom is working on making pirate bandanas for us since we heard they no longer provide them. We have Tampa Bay Buc's matieral (we used to have season tix...Go Bucs) that she is going to use!! The FE still is in pieces, but she has it all laid out waiting to be put together.

I did mention it to Tarryn a couple of weeks ago but then wasn't sure if other kids were chatting

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #1622
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
I have been catching up on some pages and can't believe the bandana issue! It's a good thing DH packs his own to use!

I order my new FE for my mom's cabin and am very excited about it!! She will be borrowing it for the cruise then I will hang it in my scrapbooking room afterwards!

I also told my niece about her present (the cruise) and she was very happy!! Now we can chat about it with her and I've passed along the Disboards to her.

One last thing, any more info on the FE- is there going to be a cut off date so we know the # that want to join in?
THanks!!!!
Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #1623
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary View Post
Hi!

I'm from the June 20th Tortola cruise, but I wanted to stop by & say Hi and see if I can pick your brains for excursions.

We have 2 very active 8 & 12 yr old boys.

Which excursions would you suggest for us?

Thanks for any responses!

P.S.

I can't wait to read your thread when you return to see how your trip went.

First time in St Thomas? Do the boys....and you....snorkel? We absolutely love the Captain Nautica Snorkel Adventure (or whatever they call it)....it's more of a speedboat ride that my son loved....one snorkel spot is shallow, so you can either go out deeper, or walk up onto the beach to lounge, and at the other one, we've ALWAYS seen turtles.
We also manage to make time to walk to the Tram and go up and check out the view. We do that on our own.

For Tortola, we're taking a taxi on our own to Brewer's Bay....we'll get to see a bit of the island that way, and also swim, lounge and snorkel. There are a few small restaurants and facilities there.
I know a lot of people are taking the tour to The Baths.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #1624
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
I did mention it to Tarryn a couple of weeks ago but then wasn't sure if other kids were chatting
Yeah, Brandon was excited about it...but no one is chatting so he gave up. Maybe we can try next month and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyelf10 View Post
Hi all,
I order my new FE for my mom's cabin and am very excited about it!! She will be borrowing it for the cruise then I will hang it in my scrapbooking room afterwards!

One last thing, any more info on the FE- is there going to be a cut off date so we know the # that want to join in?
THanks!!!!
I never thought about hanging up the FE...it will go good in my scrapbooking room/disney room!!

We haven't chosen a cut off date yet. I'm up for whatever anyone things about it. Any suggestions?
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #1625
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

We get to book our cruise excursions, Palo and the spa things tonight!!! It will be my first time booking like this. Wish me luck!! Hopefully it is pretty easy.

We just want a couples massage in a villa, and Palo Brunch...plus two excursions...so it shouldn't be too bad!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #1626
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We get to book our cruise excursions, Palo and the spa things tonight!!! It will be my first time booking like this. Wish me luck!! Hopefully it is pretty easy.

We just want a couples massage in a villa, and Palo Brunch...plus two excursions...so it shouldn't be too bad!!
Let us know how it goes
Where is the list of cruisers doing the FE?

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #1627
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
Let us know how it goes
Where is the list of cruisers doing the FE?

On the cruise list, I have everyone's name in blue that is doing the FE exchange, along with *FE* in that area. I do have a list going, if you look in my signature....there is a link in RED that will take you there. Or you can click here to get there!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Last edited by goofygal1975; 02-06-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #1628
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Hi all,

It is a very heavy heart that I post this, but unfortunately we have decided to reschedule our cruise. We had planned to travel with another couple that is near and dear to us and sadly one of them is having to deal with major health issues right now. We have transferred our ressie to another date in the fall when hopefully our friend will be fully recuperated and very eager to sail.

I am sad that I will not get the chance to meet all of you, but hope to cross paths again during future sailings. This has been a very nice and friendly group and I will miss chatting with you. It is rare to have a thread without drama, but this one has been a pleasure.

Heather: Thank-you so much for being a fabulous list-keeper....you are a real gem! If you don't mind, please PM me your snail mail address. I am going out of town for a few days, but when I return there is something I want to send to you. That said, I guess you can remove me from all the lists, which is funny because I already bought all my FE gifts!

Have a wonderful cruise and don't be surprised if I still pop in from time to time.

Jeanne
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #1629
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Jeanne, sorry you won't be joining us. I hope that your friend improves and you are able to enjoy your cruise together later in the year.
Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #1630
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On the cruise list, I have everyone's name in blue that is doing the FE exchange, along with *FE* in that area. I do have a list going, if you look in my signature....there is a link in RED that will take you there. Or you can click here to get there!
Thanks I'm such a dope - I forgot I changed my options to not see all the siggies etc
Thank goodness it is Friday

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #1631
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanneg View Post
Hi all,

It is a very heavy heart that I post this, but unfortunately we have decided to reschedule our cruise. We had planned to travel with another couple that is near and dear to us and sadly one of them is having to deal with major health issues right now. We have transferred our ressie to another date in the fall when hopefully our friend will be fully recuperated and very eager to sail.

I am sad that I will not get the chance to meet all of you, but hope to cross paths again during future sailings. This has been a very nice and friendly group and I will miss chatting with you. It is rare to have a thread without drama, but this one has been a pleasure.

Heather: Thank-you so much for being a fabulous list-keeper....you are a real gem! If you don't mind, please PM me your snail mail address. I am going out of town for a few days, but when I return there is something I want to send to you. That said, I guess you can remove me from all the lists, which is funny because I already bought all my FE gifts!

Have a wonderful cruise and don't be surprised if I still pop in from time to time.

Jeanne
Sorry to hear you won't be joining us
Have a wonderful cruise and wish your friend a speedy recovery from us all

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #1632
justmestace

Jeanne...I am so sorry that we're going to miss meeting you! It has happened to us before, too...not being able to make a planned cruise...so I know how hard it is. Hope to do it again someday!!

Last edited by justmestace; 02-07-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #1633
justmestace

Quote:

We got home late tonight and I popped in to see what everyone had been up to...and I'm so glad I did. Thanks for the reminder that we could book tonight!!!
We got our spa stuff, our Palo Brunch and the only excursion we wanted to book. We're not doing Palo dinner, so that leaves a couple of spaces open for everyone else.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #1634
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

So sorry

Jeanne,
So sorry you won't be making the cruise. Hopefully your friend's health will improve and you can happily cruise celebrating it.

All,
I make my excursion arrangements as well. We're doing Palo our Vow Renewal night (Thursday). Two beach excursions. Jon is going Parasailing on Castaway Cay too! I aslo set up a spa foot-love appointment for Sunday. My feet will need it after our days at WDW before the ship sails.

How about cutoff 30 days before we sail? That way we find the last minute people and can still have time to purchase our FEs. Although some people (myself included) like to start early!
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #1635
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Jeanne, I will miss you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
How about cutoff 30 days before we sail? That way we find the last minute people and can still have time to purchase our FEs. Although some people (myself included) like to start early!
I think this is good. We leave on May 9 so that gives me enough time to make sure I have everything before we go, but not worry about missing any latecomers.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: