Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #1591
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

I could not cruise without my over the door shoe holder! I hang it on that big knob just outside the bathroom door and use it to hold our key to the world cards, excursion tickets, sunscreen, sunglasses, small scizzors, excedrin, earrings, candy, gum etc..........anything that is small and could possibly get lost, we just stick in one of the pockets. It makes finding things so easy. I think I got mine at the dollar store years ago. I haven't checked there recently. What you really need is one with clear pockets so you can spot things easily. Check K-mart and Target....their's might be cheaper than $9. Even so, I think it's well worth it. We've had ours forever and just keep it with our cruise stuff so we always have it ready.

Last edited by jeanneg; 02-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.
jeanneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #1592
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

The over the door holder comes in handy when there are a lot of people in one room. When we've cruised with the four of us (me, hubby, DD and DS) and they've brought friends along, it helps tremendously.
When it has been just DH and I, or DS and I, I haven't needed it.

With three women in the room for this cruise, I think I will bring my smaller one. It probably will be really handy and will save bathroom shelf space.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #1593
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm not an expert cruiser like some of you, but .... we didn't use the over-the-door hanger on our 1 & only cruise. I'm trying to decide if we'll need it this trip since we're in a SPH room & don't think we'll have the steamer trunk.

Heather, I remember looking at Walmart too & thinking they were too expensive. I'll have to check Dollar Tree too.
Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #1594
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Hope you folks in AZ aren't too down today. I was pulling for the Cards last night. At least you can say that your team has been to the Super Bowl. My team, the Saints, have yet to have their chance.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
Old 02-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #1595
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

I was so proud of our team! I know the Steelers just thought they could go in & plow over the Cardinals. Gave them a run for their money. There is nothing worse than a Super Bowl where 1 team just crushes the other. So boring. This game was anything but boring!!
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #1596
justmestace

Ditto exactly what Sharon said!!

It was a really good game to watch...normally I only watch the commercials, but this one was an exciting game. Yes, it would have been more fun if the Cardinals had won...but it was pretty doggone exciting.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #1597
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Well, I'm not an expert cruiser like some of you, but .... we didn't use the over-the-door hanger on our 1 & only cruise. I'm trying to decide if we'll need it this trip since we're in a SPH room & don't think we'll have the steamer trunk.

Heather, I remember looking at Walmart too & thinking they were too expensive. I'll have to check Dollar Tree too.
Ang

You still should do okay without one, Angie. It gets worse when the kids are teens and then you have 4 deodorants, perfumes, etc....because heaven FORBID if they should share a deodorant or toothpaste tube!!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #1598
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
You still should do okay without one, Angie. It gets worse when the kids are teens and then you have 4 deodorants, perfumes, etc....because heaven FORBID if they should share a deodorant or toothpaste tube!!
Thanks Stacey. Yea, I guess my kids are still small enough that their clothes, etc. don't take up much room. Their shorts, shirts & swimsuits will take up virtually no room in the drawers (& more importantly suitcases).

Ang
Old 02-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #1599
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

Sharon and Stacy are you sure one will be enough? With no man to keep you girls under control packing I see a room over flowing with gussem-up stuff, you woman like so much.
Gail down loaded last weeks navigator and it sure fun to see what activities are happening on board.

The Man

DLR - BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #1600
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ang

Yeah, if we can find one at Dollar Tree we'll get one, if not we'll do without. I do have a set my mom got me for my wedding, that I have used a few times. It has one big tote bag, that holds 3-4 little bags that hold, make- up in one, jewelry in another, unmentionables in another...etc. I LOVE them. I keep the make up one hung up all the time at hotels/resorts. So idealy we could use one of the others that I don't use.

It was an exciting game last night! Not any of "my team" but I was hoping the Cardinals would win! They played a great game!!

My dh really got into cruise mode last night! He pulled out the booklet that came in the mail a couple weeks ago. Then I had printed out navigators from a Eastern TR from mid Jan. We both looked over them and even ds looked at them today. Dh was finding things to do and getting pretty excited about it. We decided what days to try to get Palo Brunch and our Spa reservations.

DS will be 3 weeks shy of his 14th bday, and he has decided he wants to go in the 14-17 age group. Not sure of my thoughts on that so far, but he is excited about it.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #1601
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ang
What is a SPH room??

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #1602
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Question about booking online for Spa, etc

Help...the last time we cruised we were not able to book anything online. This time we bought the REAS and can book Feb 7th.

Now, I heard we can book at midnight. Does that mean 12:01 am on Feb 7th?
Since I am in Central Time zone does that mean I could actualy go on at 11:01 pm on Feb 6th??? Please explain as I do not do will with numbers...LOL
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #1603
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
That is so like us - we all use different toothpaste so never share that or deodorant
Love the split bathroom cause the kids can keep there stuff in there's.

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #1604
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Yeah, if we can find one at Dollar Tree we'll get one, if not we'll do without. I do have a set my mom got me for my wedding, that I have used a few times. It has one big tote bag, that holds 3-4 little bags that hold, make- up in one, jewelry in another, unmentionables in another...etc. I LOVE them. I keep the make up one hung up all the time at hotels/resorts. So idealy we could use one of the others that I don't use.

It was an exciting game last night! Not any of "my team" but I was hoping the Cardinals would win! They played a great game!!

My dh really got into cruise mode last night! He pulled out the booklet that came in the mail a couple weeks ago. Then I had printed out navigators from a Eastern TR from mid Jan. We both looked over them and even ds looked at them today. Dh was finding things to do and getting pretty excited about it. We decided what days to try to get Palo Brunch and our Spa reservations.

DS will be 3 weeks shy of his 14th bday, and he has decided he wants to go in the 14-17 age group. Not sure of my thoughts on that so far, but he is excited about it.
When is his b'day? Do they let you move up if your b'day is within a certain time? In 2007 Adam was 9 and his friend on the ship was 14 - they still chat on email and got on amazingly well.
My kids are getting a bit excited, I bought an underwater digital camera for them yesterday and we are taking our snorkle stuff with.

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #1605
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Pittsburgher

Yes, its true. I bleed black and gold. My Mom told me bedtime stories of Jack Lambert and I wanted to be Lynn Swann when I grew up. I wasn't in Tampa but I was at home with my terrible towel. Every Christmas card has us wearing our Steeler jerseys. Last year it was Steeler jerseys in front of the castle. We left HS when it closed to walk to the Boardwalk to see the Steel Curtain work on Monday Night Footbal in November. Got some good-natured ribbing during the day from a few Patriots fans, but I met quite a few good people that night wearing the same jersey as I was as well. Its a Steeler Nation.

I love Larry Fitzgerald (sp?). He's a Pitt boy! He seems like such a nice guy when he's interviewed. I KNOW he will get his chance. It was a good game.

Now, back to the Cruise! I finally got my documentation. TWICE! One had the 2/7 date for arrangements. The other had a March date. I think we got two because we changed from regular to concierge. Its nice to have two copies! They finally posted May hours as well on the Website for our 4 days at WDW before the cruise. I pre-ordered the passporter book online. It should be here the day before I can make arrangements. I'll have to SPEED READ for the excursions. Its a HAPPY problem.

OK I'm rambling. Exhausted. Good night.
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: