Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #1576
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
HA! I just looked at my countdown timer....

3 3 and 3 !!

Three months, three weeks, three days. Won't be long now....and February's a short month!
and 3 more days and your trip to Disney will be 1 month, 1 week and 1 day

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #1577
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

BTW my packet from DCL arrived today - not even the kids were excited and Aubrey asked 'where are the tickets'
Didn't even do the doc dance

I've been blessed!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #1578
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
Yikes that is a lot of tagging but I guess I can give it to Tarryn to do during spring break - guess it beats

I do them on the computer and use sticker paper. Easy!
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #1579
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
and 3 more days and your trip to Disney will be 1 month, 1 week and 1 day

I really am looking forward to that one too. Not as good as a cruise, but I love Disney in any way, shape or form. I get to just be a kid again and forget about junk like taxes.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #1580
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
I do them on the computer and use sticker paper. Easy!
I will let Tarryn decide what she wants to do for tags, stickies, magnets or something else she decides.
Guess I will need my FE stuff done by April so she can do her do by spring break and not the night before we leave

I've been blessed!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #1581
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
Hey it sound like our first meet and greet!! Everyone bring little bottles and we just have a blast. Now who has the biggest room for event? LegalBriefs are you lurking somewhere? I know you have a suite of enormous size
Lets Party

The Man

Oh my goodness, I totally forgot that Ron is supposed to be on this cruise also! Ron, Ron, are you still with us.....and if so, why are you hiding?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #1582
Poppins2000
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I probably haven't posted since November; have been slammed at work and then the holidays and then DH and I just got back last weekend after a nine day trip to WDW - staying at the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge. It was wonderful, although quite chilly and can I say crowded for January. Unfortunately there were a lot of sick people around us and no matter how often we washed our hands, we still got the bug. DH got it first and spent 5 days in bed, yesterday was his first day back to work! I went to work Monday for 6 hours and today is my first day sitting up, haha! I'll be back to work on Monday with double the load since technically I've been gone since the 15th. I guess people @ work has got it pretty bad too - my boss was out for several days, two people were hospitalized with this crud and several other have spent 4-5 days home sick as well. And it's suppose to be 44 here tomorrow morning...HELLO, I live 30 miles SOUTH of Miami!!!!!

ANYWAY, made my final cruise payment this morning
Got to catch up my reading on the boards and figure out what cruise excursions to take over the weekend. Hope to be more active on the boards now that our cruise will be here before you know it! WOO-HOO!
2012: AKL-Dream to Bahamas-BLT, BWV, OKW, VBR, OKW, VBR, Dine/Dash @ SSR, Turkey Day at Vero Beach
2011: BCV-Wonder Panama Repo, SSR x 2, AKL, CSR 2010: Wonder Double Dip, CSR-Birthday Trip, YC, AKL, BC, SSR 2009: Magic to Tortola, VWL, POR, POLY, BW, 2008: Magic Eastern Caribbean, ABD Emerald Isle, WL, SSR 2007: Joined DVC 06/07, POR, DWNTWN DIS, GF, SSR 2006: Moved to FL -Yippee! POP, Westgate, POR, Christmas at AKL 2005: Magic Western Caribbean, 2004: Wonder to Bahamas, 2003: DWNTWN DIS 2002: CBR, 2001: Honeymoon @ WL 1977-1998: HS Trips, Solo and Girlie Vacations August 4, 1976: 1st of many trips to WDW!

Poppins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #1583
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimuck View Post
I can't stay off Ebay. If I don't quit, I'll have enough FE stuff for the entire ship!!
Time is passing so quickly, before you know it, it will be time to pack. Of course, I start to gather a month out. Now to be able to cram it in one suitcase. And a very large carry on.
LOL...i was busy buying on ebay before the holidays (gave some cruise things as gifts) We've already got a bin out in our alcove area...a BIG bin that already has quite a few things in it for the cruise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Worth repeating ... ... can't believe we'll be doing this in 3 months ... !!!

Ang
I know...all of a sudden it seems to be coming up very quickly!!

Quote:
Yikes that is a lot of tagging but I guess I can give it to Tarryn to do during spring break - guess it beats
I didn't even think about tags!! I'd better get working!! lol
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #1584
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
Hi everyone,

I probably haven't posted since November; have been slammed at work and then the holidays and then DH and I just got back last weekend after a nine day trip to WDW - staying at the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge. It was wonderful, although quite chilly and can I say crowded for January. Unfortunately there were a lot of sick people around us and no matter how often we washed our hands, we still got the bug. DH got it first and spent 5 days in bed, yesterday was his first day back to work! I went to work Monday for 6 hours and today is my first day sitting up, haha! I'll be back to work on Monday with double the load since technically I've been gone since the 15th. I guess people @ work has got it pretty bad too - my boss was out for several days, two people were hospitalized with this crud and several other have spent 4-5 days home sick as well. And it's suppose to be 44 here tomorrow morning...HELLO, I live 30 miles SOUTH of Miami!!!!!

Got to catch up my reading on the boards and figure out what cruise excursions to take over the weekend. Hope to be more active on the boards now that our cruise will be here before you know it! WOO-HOO!
9 nights at Disney sounds like fun!!! Sorry to hear you both got sick once at home. I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Congrats on paying the cruise off!! isn't that a great feeling?

I was going to look at the dollar tree yesterday for FE gifts, but had mom with me so DH and I may go look later today. We have an appt at the School with the principal today! UGH...ds has missed school too many times and we have to talk with the principal about it. Over half the dates have dr notes, one day the nurse had sent him home the day before because of his high blood pressure and he stayed home the next day due to the same signs and symptoms. So now, we have been told on the phone that any days he misses will have to have a dr's note. I feel like this is WORK....it really ticks me off! I shall make this known this afternoon at our meeting. DS gets VERY bad sinus infections ( i get them the same so know how he feels). Fun fun today!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #1585
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

School frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
We have an appt at the School with the principal today! UGH...ds has missed school too many times and we have to talk with the principal about it. Over half the dates have dr notes, one day the nurse had sent him home the day before because of his high blood pressure and he stayed home the next day due to the same signs and symptoms. So now, we have been told on the phone that any days he misses will have to have a dr's note. I feel like this is WORK....it really ticks me off! I shall make this known this afternoon at our meeting. DS gets VERY bad sinus infections ( i get them the same so know how he feels). Fun fun today!!
We just went through this with DD16. She had mono and was out of school from the end of October until January 5th. She had bilirubin elevations and her spleen was quite enlarged. It was horrible. I've been back and forth with the principal since she made up most of the work but some teachers gave her 0 (zeros) and others excused her for missed work while one of them just ignored any work she turned in because it was over 2 weeks old. So the teachers that gave her 0s, her grades were crappy. This is her Junior year. The most important for college applications. We can't afford this. She's smart. Its not going to help that I'm going to take her out of school for days for our DCL vacation. But its the last week of school. All they usually do is hang out.

Hang in there and stick to your guns!
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #1586
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Poppins and DH sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2000 View Post
I'm glad you're well enough to think of the cruise now!!!! Get well soon.
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #1587
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Gosh, now I don't feel so alone. My husband died 3 weeks after school started this year. Kaylah(16) missed well over a week before because we spent 10 days in hospice with him. Then a couple of more days after he passed away and the day of the funeral. Then a couple of weeks later she came down with a nasty case of bronchits. It was heart breaking for me because she was so very close to her father. Then for the next month or so, her heart just wasn't into school. Her school did the exact same thing. Some teachers let her make up the work, but she was so far behind, it was hard to catch up. Other wouldn't let her even make up the work. What's with these schools. I personally went from class to class with her to talk to her teachers about what was going on. They all said the same things about being so sorry, but it looks like in reality, they didn't give a hoot. So her semester grades are a diaster. One of the teachers was mad at the class & was telling them how easy they had it these days. Then he proceded to tell them that not one of them had ever suffered, how not one of them was even aware of heartbreak, how he had even had to watch his father die. Then he looked up & saw Kaylah crying & apologized to her. But...he was one of the teachers who gave her a 0 for missing work. Sometimes I wonder....
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #1588
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

School

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's school frustrations! I really don't let my ds stay out of school unless he is sick...and believe me he has been sick. (we did take him out for 2 days in December to go to Disney...but that was a mental vacation...it had been a hard few months since my father passed).

Brandon's grades are good for the most part...two classes he is not doing great in. One time he was out a week...and it was like pulling teeth to get make up work. I did go up to the school one day and get his books/folders so he could at least do his homework that was listed online. One teacher brought up worksheets, other assignments to the office for me. I emailed all his teachers MANY times to keep up with it all every time he was out.

So far, they wanted to let us know that he had 2 more days of being out that we could use a parent note. After that we have to have a dr note for each day he is out. After so many days, we might would have to go to court and possibly be fined $100 and the parents will be made to do 90 days hard labor.

We were going to take him out of school on the last day...but now I'm not so sure we'll be able to do this.

I hope everything works out for the both of you...what a mess!!! It's not like we are just letting our kids skip for the heck of it.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #1589
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

We did more cruise shopping today!! We just bought some little things (powder, aloe, dramamine, travel size tylenol, toothbrush covers) and we bought a magnetic dry erase board to use inside our stateroom.

The over the door shoe holder at walmart was almost $9.00 So we are going to look at the dollar tree to see what they may have. If they don't have one, we will just do with out. On our first cruise, ds and i did just fine without one! Any little bit we can save now will be better spent ON the cruise!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #1590
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
We did more cruise shopping today!! We just bought some little things (powder, aloe, dramamine, travel size tylenol, toothbrush covers) and we bought a magnetic dry erase board to use inside our stateroom.

The over the door shoe holder at walmart was almost $9.00 So we are going to look at the dollar tree to see what they may have. If they don't have one, we will just do with out. On our first cruise, ds and i did just fine without one! Any little bit we can save now will be better spent ON the cruise!

In 16 cruises I have never used an over the door shoe holder - I know everyone raves about it but I have just never found the need for one

I have been FE shopping - oh boy I've been on a roll with it too, Aubrey just stood there shaking his head laughing and Tarryn said ' Mom, you are going to make all this stuff and then do something silly like forget it at home'

I've been blessed!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: