Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #1546
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

About the Fish Extenders...one place to get some cute stuff cheap is through Oriental Trading.
One thing I've always said is that I won't do them on the first night or the last night. The first night is so busy with everyone enjoying the ship, and maybe even still unpacking, and the last night is crazy with packing back up.
So that really only means 5 nights to do them. I've always done one or two things for each room or family each night. It kind of depends. If it's a gift for kids, I make sure there's one for each kid. We don't need squabbles on a Disney cruise!!
If you are going to start on the first night, that's the best night for the really useful stuff, like the curtain clips Heather mentioned, or note pads, or I've even seen mini first aid kits & small manicure sets.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

Oh...JoAnn has an area of $1 items that are sometimes really nifty!

Also, fish extenders can be bought on eBay under the heading of "hanging pocket organizer" or similar. There are even some Disney ones.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #1547
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Those are some great FE and door decorations!! I haven't thought about the door decorations just yet.

DH and I are working on a gift (one per stateroom) as I type this!! We'll be looking for other things to get as well...so that everyone (kids and adults) will also get something!! We also bought a few things at the store today that is on the cruise packing list (air freshner, toothpaste, windex wipes, and a pack of bandaids.)

Also put away a few of ds christmas gifts (a book, and a few hand held games) to use for the drive there and back and during the trip.

My mom has been working on the FE for us. She has embroidered our names (goofygal, goofyguy and goofyboy) and she put "the goofy family" on top of the FE.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #1548
sklimuck
Mouseketeer

Well, I have to admit, it wasn't just a 'girls roughing' it trip. The cousin is a 17 year old male & 2 of his buddies came along. But the girls are tough young things and all went well. Had my nerves frazzled, that's for sure. They got lost heading for the ski area (Sunrise) and almost ended up in New Mexico. Somehow, along the way, they ended up bringing a puppy home. Named him Marley, after their hero. So, who knows who ends up with him. Probably me. Just what I need, another dog. My brother just bought a house & he is dogless now..hmm.. He looks like he is Austalian Shephard. My dogs like him okay. Feisty little thing. So I hear the trip was a great success. Kaylah put 3 tanks of gas in her truck. Guess she got some good driving experience. They said they left the cabin in perfect order- I sure hope so. So, as you can see, my life is always exciting. No boredom on my end.

Stace- I've been the Ebay Queen these last 2 days. All kinds of stuff there for the Fish Extenders. I'll have to hit the 99 cent store, too. They usually have some stuff. Tons of kid stuff, just have to figure out the adult stuff now.
NCL Pride of Hawaii 06/2007 Carnival Paradise 07/2007
NCL Star 06/2008 Carnival Paradise 9/2208

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/sgp9547x2vnucigr.png[/img]
sklimuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #1549
justmestace

We were buried on page three!!

Gosh, I wouldn't have made my own FE map if I'd known someone was going to be wonderful enough to do it for me!!! But I know there will probably be some late additions. Are we going to have a cut-off date, or just go with the flow?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #1550
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

It's been quiet around here. I've been trying to figure out what we can do for FE gifts. Have a few ideas but am still trying to figure out something "unique" ... not having too much luck.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #1551
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

I like those little bottles I get on the plane

The man

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #1552
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Get out of my head... its not safe in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post

The man
I can't believe it. I was thinking the same thing...
But I don't know if people would object or if DCL would not allow this. After all, its leaving it out there for anyone to take, even kids.

So.... I was thinking Spa things for ladies, toys for kids, but what for the men? What do men want? Not all men consider an evening home with a Pixar Blue Ray movie on his 60 inch HD Flat Screen the perfect evening....

Also... did we have a pricing suggesion that I missed?

Thank you as always,
Melissa
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #1553
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I'm going to the dollar tree on Thursday while ds is at football practice to get some other ideas. I had some great ideas before...but they were a bit $$$$ and since we bought DVC I'm cutting back on all my spending!!!

I can't believe it...but the time is flying on by!!!

What are the guys doing for formal and semiformal nights? Has anyone had experience with renting a tux onboard? How did you get the measurements??
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #1554
wmjivey

The menswear for formal are all ranges, there will be alot of tuxes to just nice suits jackets. What ever you are comfortable with, I am wearing a Dress tux Kilt jacket with a Irish Saffron Kilt and my lovely wife will be wearing something I won't be able to take my eyes off her all night. But that is really not that different from home, I have just a thing for her

The Man

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
Old 01-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #1555
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I guess we need to think of a few guidelines for the FE.

When should we have the cut off date to sign up?? I know I'd hate to order things, and then at the last minute be short a few gifts for people...know what i mean?

Do we want to set a price limit?
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #1556
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I guess we need to think of a few guidelines for the FE.

When should we have the cut off date to sign up?? I know I'd hate to order things, and then at the last minute be short a few gifts for people...know what i mean?

Do we want to set a price limit?

I do think we should set a cut off, but we should wait until a couple weeks before the cruise. Lots of people seem to find this thread last minute!!

We are definitely dressing up, but it's easy for dh - he has his military tuxedo. Hey free tux!! Well it wasn't free when we paid for it but now every wear is free!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #1557
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
I'm going to the dollar tree on Thursday while ds is at football practice to get some other ideas. I had some great ideas before...but they were a bit $$$$ and since we bought DVC I'm cutting back on all my spending!!!
I can't believe it...but the time is flying on by!!!
What are the guys doing for formal and semiformal nights? Has anyone had experience with renting a tux onboard? How did you get the measurements??
I will add my 2 cents too, I agree there should be a cut off date so we know how many items we need etc....
OMG! Formal night, I forgot to think about that for DH. He hates to wear his suit or tux! How am I going to break this one, maybe he will just wear a shirt and tie, not super formal but I think he will still look nice. Plus a suit will take a lot of room in the suitcase..humm..more to think about!
Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #1558
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post

The man

I might actually be able to swing this! I have two Southwest free drink coupon books, and I rarely drink on a plane. I could just order a bunch of those little bottles and bring them along for your FE. Do you have a preference?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #1559
justmestace

We've never set official limits on the amount of $$ for the FE gifts, but I think it's always understood that we keep it as inexpensive as possible. A dollar or two, or less. It adds up really quickly. I know that sometimes I've gotten something more expensive than that, just for the women as a special treat...and home made stuff can be really fun too.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #1560
wmjivey

What about us men?, are we just swiss chese, sure the girls get all the good stuff and we get a bottle of Old Spice, I am tired of getting Old Spice every birthday, every Christmas personally I think you girls don't even buy the stuff, just take one of the bottles and regift.
Thanks Sharon for the thought about my own personal minibar, I usually only drink what I make, or a nice bottle of wine for the love of my life. So yall gonna leave your men for this cruise?? Remember if you need some manly man to hang around my wife don't mine

The Man

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: