Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #1441
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Erik- you might have a bit of trouble with my UK sz6..5 inch stilettos...although i am willing to stuff newspapers in yours...
If there are finger puppets, maybe we could call these tip-toe shoes. Perhaps best if we keep our own.

I remember when I was working in Stuttgart, I could not even go into a shoe store. I would have had to hire a cobbler to make me shoes or some sort of special order at least. : 11.5US was as big as they had.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #1442
shelleyr25
Queen of the Adult Pool

Hi everyone-

I have been busy and have not checked in lately. We are so excited for this cruise!!
Wayneg- I love the idea of name tags..we have such a big group it will be very helpful...also, nice FE!!! It came out great!!

Someone asked earlier about experiences with car service. Last time we used Tiffany from the airport to the Radisson. They were great...on time, clean car etc..I actually just booked them again for this trip!! tiffanytowncars.com.

Formal night- I doubt dh would want to put his tux on so he will probably just wear a dark suit...ds has black pants, shirt and tie and dd has a very pretty dress. As for me, thats a whole 'nother story!! I have no clue!!!!!!!

Turkey with Mickey 11/2014
Disney Dream 2/2014
Magical Summer 2012-8/25 out of NYC!!
Disney Dream- 4/2011
Disney Magic- 8/2009
WDW-Polynesian- 8/2007
Disney Wonder-DDC Cruise- 11/2006
WDW-Polynesian- 8/06 Epcot- off site- 12/96
WDW- off site- 8/88 Epcot- off site- 4/87

shelleyr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #1443
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Formal night - DH and DS will be in suits and ties - DS is too cute! We found a lovely dress for DD that she is in love with. I have one formal dress that I lucked out finding and finally found another one the other day. I think we are set... Now I just need to pack it all - we're driving so I know I'm going to overpack...
agonzalez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #1444
tamman
Mouseketeer

Aurora's Mommy,

I did have to think real hard about the $300 upgrade. I had it set aside for DH's new suit (he has one but it is an odd color and he didn't want to wear it), but we both decided heck with the suit...we want the verandah. Besides I am sure the suit coat would only be on through the appetizer and then on the back of the chair through dinner.
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #1445
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

We were called for an upgrade, but only 2 categories for $150. This is the same upgrade we got from the guarantee policy for FREE last cruise. We declined the offer, but asked to be offered a better offer
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 AM   #1446
Disfools
Earning My Ears

We took the upgrade for the verandah! Now we are in room 6058.

I have been thinking about the kids clubs and wondering if my 9 and 10 year old will be together. I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed the ages and does anyone know if they can sign in and out on their own?
Disfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #1447
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfools View Post
How did you get a room assignment so quickly? I have a document from my TA saying we are cat 6 gty, and the DCL website still shows cat 9 gty. I have been expecting a room number between Wednesday and Friday of next week, but am hoping for sooner. I hate not knowing!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #1448
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
Aurora's Mommy,

I did have to think real hard about the $300 upgrade. I had it set aside for DH's new suit (he has one but it is an odd color and he didn't want to wear it), but we both decided heck with the suit...we want the verandah. Besides I am sure the suit coat would only be on through the appetizer and then on the back of the chair through dinner.
Yep, if I could figure out $300 I didn't have to spend, I would be all over an upgrade (we already got kids sail free, so I'm wondering if we've tapped out our deals in any case). However, it does beg the question, how ODD is the color of that suit?

I realized this morning that since we are getting back 8/29 and school starts 8/31, I'm going to have to have all the school supplies lined up before we go. Ugh, one more thing to do.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 AM   #1449
tamman
Mouseketeer

Suit is a deep olive green. From far away it looks black, but up close you can tell.

We start school after labor day (state law). We will have a week before school starts once we get back. I teach and I have a feeling that my first day back will be the Thursday or Friday before labor day (we are in contract negotiations and do not have a calendar yet). The last two years we came back on the Sunday before labor day. It was a little crazy (for me) trying to get unpacked and then get everything ready for school for both the kids and myself. Target should be coming out with their school sales soon...if they haven't already. If your kids are younger and require crayons and glue sticks...stock up while they are cheap!!!! They go through glue sticks like crazy...well as least we do in Kindergarten.

I still need to start to pack for the trip...not sure what I am waiting for
Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #1450
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
Suit is a deep olive green. From far away it looks black, but up close you can tell.

We start school after labor day (state law). We will have a week before school starts once we get back. I teach and I have a feeling that my first day back will be the Thursday or Friday before labor day (we are in contract negotiations and do not have a calendar yet). The last two years we came back on the Sunday before labor day. It was a little crazy (for me) trying to get unpacked and then get everything ready for school for both the kids and myself. Target should be coming out with their school sales soon...if they haven't already. If your kids are younger and require crayons and glue sticks...stock up while they are cheap!!!! They go through glue sticks like crazy...well as least we do in Kindergarten.

I still need to start to pack for the trip...not sure what I am waiting for
Dark olive green isn't odd. Odd would be a sherbert green or powder blue polyester leisure suit (my advanced apologies to anyone who is planning to bring their green or blue leisure suit ).

Last time I was at Target they were just setting up their school supplies. Let the sales begin! I have a 2nd grader and a 5th grader, I already have the 2nd grader's supply list, so I'm partially ready to go. Glue sticks are still a required item...I usually buy in bulk.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #1451
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfools View Post

I have been thinking about the kids clubs and wondering if my 9 and 10 year old will be together. I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed the ages and does anyone know if they can sign in and out on their own?
Both of your kids will be in the LAb together. It's ages 8-10. You can give them permission sign in/out themelves. Otherwise, you will need to drop off/ pick up each time.
stsomewhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #1452
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

School supplies

I have shopping for school supplies and uniforms for the last two weeks.
Matt wears a 12 slim (plus neds adjustable waist) If I don't shop earlier, I can't find them.

I bought a bunch of glue sticks (.$25 for a pack of 2 at Walmart), pencils, markers and folders. These seem to be what they go through the most.
I have not received a supply list yet,so I am guessing.

My kids start school Sept. 9.

Tammi,
Is contract nego. for 27 weeks pay period?
My sis is a teacher and they are trying to work out a deal for 27 checks since school starts so late. They have a 2 week gap between 08-09 contract and 09-10.
stsomewhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #1453
tamman
Mouseketeer

Our contracts always expire on June 30th. But contract salary starts the first pay in September and ends usually around the end on the school year. We have the option of spreading out our contract amount to 26 pays (every other week)...which is what most do so they do not go without a check. My first check for the new contract is scheduled on September 11th. If we do not have a contract by then, they will usually extend this years contract and salary. So far I haven't heard about anything for this year.

I do remember a few years back there were 27 pays in the year and we had to vote on if we wanted to go three weeks in between a pay period or have the checks spread out to 27 weeks and have less in each check. I think the union vote was for the second choice.

Hope this helps!!!
Tammi
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #1454
tamman
Mouseketeer

Aurora's mom...I guess you're right on the suit color. We may bring it. I was hoping to get a nice family picture on formal night but just read on another thread that Shutter's does not do the white background. So that throws a wrench in my plans. I will just have to plan out another night where we have color coordinating clothing.

You can never have too many glue sticks!!!!!!!!! I always stock up on those for both home and school. I love back to school shopping!!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #1455
tamman
Mouseketeer

Oops...I read they have the white background just not on Formal Night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: