Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #1411
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
I will be starting our packing this week...all in vacuum bags..so will be lovely and crushed by the time we unpack..hey ho...thats what the laundry service is for , yes?
Don't forget that vacuum bags still weigh the same! We had a friend who did the same thing on a trip to Australia, and ended up paying over weight charges. Maybe can put your vacuum bags into lots of little suitcases, although the darn airlines charge for extra bags, too.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #1412
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Bummed - Just heard that Luke left DCL. He was on the Wonder, and I heard that he might be promoted to the Magic, alas he is there no more. Perhaps Christopher or one of the others will be the man, or maybe we will have a new brighter shining star to lead the social adult nightlife.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1413
Maza
Mouseketeer

to be honest i am not too worried about the weight restrictions. we have never been over...we are a party of 4 technical adults...so we get 8x23kg suitcases....way more than we have ever needed...althoough we got close last year! but we have a handy fish weighing scale..before the days of special suitcase ones...so its all good. Plenty of room for a Tux and a few formal dresses
The weather here is fantastic...far too warm to be packing suitcases, but a womans gotta do what a womans gotta do.
My FE gifts are all over my bed at the minute. Debating the best way to pack without damaging...but also convenience incase the nice men/women at US immigration want to have a look at the case of shortbread, the scots toffee...and all the other bits of stuff i am lugging across the atlantic
i have been fairly ruthless with everyone about the amount of clothes we are taking. apart from the posh frocks and assorted shoes ( mine, the girls and daves)...we have a fairly limited wardrobe! I plan to do some washing at some point on the cruise...so we only need enough 'stuff' for a week. I always take far too musch,, then we never wear half of it! so...ruthless mummy this year!. have even tried to co-ordinate my own wardrobe so one pair of red heels will do every night! Cant go wrong with red heels, right?

Right....packing...
Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #1414
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Wow!! I can't believe how this board is taking off!! Everyone must be getting into vacation mode. I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. We are so crazy busy here.....I don't know what to do first!!

Welcome to all of the new families!! I have all of my children FE gifts done and wrapped up, but I haven't finished the family ones yet. I think they may have to wait until August!! (I have plenty of extras for any new families that decide to join in)!!

My kids are both in a play at the end of the month. My daughter caught some type of summer virus that made her lose her voice, not good when you are the lead in the show, with 3 singing solos!! I think she's about back to normal. The show isn't until the end of the month, but they are recording the CD today, so I am crossing my fingers!! I am busy working on costumes and collecting for all of the gifts at the end.

My niece is getting married on August 14th and I am having all of my brothers, sisters, cousins, etc for a brunch the next day. So, I am really going to be ready for this cruise!!

We are driving to the port, so we are actually leaving Wednesday the 19th and spending Thurs and Fri night at the Radisson. I know some other families will be there too. We will be spending the day at the pool on Friday. Maybe we can have a pre cruise pizza get together there.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Have a great day!

Terri

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #1415
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post

e are driving to the port, so we are actually leaving Wednesday the 19th and spending Thurs and Fri night at the Radisson. I know some other families will be there too. We will be spending the day at the pool on Friday. Maybe we can have a pre cruise pizza get together there.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Have a great day!

Terri
That would be great. I like the idea of a pre cruise meet.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #1416
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
have even tried to co-ordinate my own wardrobe so one pair of red heels will do every night! Cant go wrong with red heels, right?
Absolutely, I agree. That is a great idea. I will be coordinating for everything to match my red heels, too. Maybe we could even trade for a night for a change of pace? What kind are yours? Mine are 1" Oxblood cap-toes size 14US.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #1417
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Absolutely, I agree. That is a great idea. I will be coordinating for everything to match my red heels, too. Maybe we could even trade for a night for a change of pace? What kind are yours? Mine are 1" Oxblood cap-toes size 14US.
Erik- you might have a bit of trouble with my UK sz6..5 inch stilettos...although i am willing to stuff newspapers in yours...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #1418
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLmad View Post
Hi all
Been lurking here a while but thought I had better introduce myself.
I am Karen, wife of Wayneg
25 days before we fly and no more of this for 25 nights woot
hello karen, look foeward to eeting you on board
bev
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

TheFatMansWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #1419
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatMansWife View Post
hello karen, look foeward to eeting you on board
bev
Hi Bev
I hope you look forward to meeting her and not eating her, there will be enough food onboard for you
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #1420
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Hi Bev
I hope you look forward to meeting her and not eating her, there will be enough food onboard for you
Too funny!! I was thinking the same thing. It's all your fault though for posting those yummy pictures of Karen's Birthday dinner!!

And here Karen just posted for the first time!! Hope it doesn't scare her off!! Now I'm worried how exactly he came to be called the Fat Man......huhm........

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Old 07-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #1421
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

I have so much catching up to do, I don't even know where to start!

I guess I'll just jump in.....
Brian, I'm sorry to hear about your balcony and your job. If I could figure out how to post a photo, I'd put up a beautiful one of Deck 4. It is so relaxing and beautiful with it's padded teak loungers and nice sea breeze. That could be your balcony. If you google Disney cruise deck 4, you will find plenty of pictures (some are of the Wonder, but it's exactly the same).

To all of the 20th anniversaries, CONGRATULATIONS!!! We celebrated our 19th this year (that's why we took the trip to Bermuda to practice for our 20th)

As for the Disney suite party, we are totally in!!! Thank you for inviting us! What can I bring? I am really excited to see it!!

Heather, you must be getting excited!! Not too long now. I'm excited for you. I hope this beautiful weather holds on for you.

Wayne, I love your door decorations. What a lot of work you've put in!! I haven't started mine yet, but you certainly are inspiring. Where did you find the captain mickey hat? Did you design it yourself? Have you ever had any of your decorations taken?

As for formal night, yes we are!! I'm not sure if my DH will bring his tux or a suit and tie. My DS will be in a suit and tie too (at least through dinner). I have to say, I have sailed Disney and RCCL and I do enjoy formal night on Disney more. I think the ship is so classically elegant that it is special to be formal one of the nights. I definitely think to each his own ~ it's your vacation!

FE gifts, yes we put a little to/from label on it. We didn't the first time and did the second time. I have found that the kids really like thanking the other kids and talking about the gifts. So, I'm sticking with the tags.

Terri

Terri

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #1422
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post

We are driving to the port, so we are actually leaving Wednesday the 19th and spending Thurs and Fri night at the Radisson. I know some other families will be there too. We will be spending the day at the pool on Friday. Maybe we can have a pre cruise pizza get together there.

Terri

Just wondering if you are flying or driving from NJ? Anita
agonzalez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #1423
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzalez88 View Post
Just wondering if you are flying or driving from NJ? Anita
We are driving. My free airline tickets had terrible connections and $400 in baggage & ticketing fees.

DH isn't crazy about the idea, but I love it!! (I hate to fly)

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #1424
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We are driving from Mi. We prefer it.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #1425
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
We are driving from Mi. We prefer it.
Christi, when are you getting to the Radisson?

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream