Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #1366
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Disfools! The more the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyr25 View Post
Ok, what do you think of this.......here's the plan....we pack 2 bottles of wine and a small vodka in our luggage all wrapped up in bubble wrap. We are taking car service from the airport to the ship so we can access our luggage and remove the liquor to transfer it to our carry on bag. Then we bring it on the ship. Does that sound like it will work??????
Sounds like a plan !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Regarding knowing my favorites, I might have a little experience, but I try to refrain from befriending my Kentucky Friends too much, because you would have to drink gallons of coffee to repair your liver. Many of the aforementioned bottles are years old, I have a sip of one of them on my birthday because I cannot afford to replace them, and in the case of Stagg, it is a singular bottle, once it is gone, it is gone forever. There is a new one every year, if you can get you hands on one of the 200 world wide bottles.
I take it that by KY friends (or finest) you mean that stuff you buy in gallon jugs? We used to live in KY years ago, and my Pappy used to come home with some interesting things. My grandmother was particularly fond of something called "raisin wine." Don't know if it was actually make of raisins, but she sure liked it! She lived until 94, too! Must have been medicinal.

We are flying in the day before, staying near MCO, and then taking car service to the port on Saturday morning. We have asked to make a stop, but to pick up seltzer (DH can't survive the week without his seltzer) and sunscreen (we are very pale people, so we need to lay in a supply for the week, and I don't want to pack it all, especially with the weight restrictions on luggage). DH is a scotch lover, but I really don't drink anything stronger than scnapps, unless its diluted in fruit juice. We'll probably pack him a small bottle of scotch, and then if I want some wine we can probably just get that on our stop or in Key West.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #1367
tamman
Mouseketeer

Hi Wayne, count us in on the FE. Sounds like fun!!!!

stsomewhere- Next time we go to my uncle's house I will wave as we drive down 75
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #1368
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Sabrina, added you to website, looks like you have the cabin next door to Maria & Dave.

Tammi, added FE for you, hope Maria sees that to add to her list now, will PM her if she doesn't post this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #1369
MrR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Hi Paul
Never see them for sale in UK, obviously not a massive call for them here so you would have to find a US seller then wait for shipping, if they would even ship to UK. Total cost I think would be too high. Another option is to make one, have you anyone in the family that does crafty things?

Pics here of some http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

One here someones made on UK forum for their cruise. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=33

Last option is not a proper fish extender, just some kind of bag. If you want to participate its better than nothing and an easy option so close.
Thanks, all, for your suggestions and help. I'm guessing we'll be making our own! Ok, consider us signed up for FE - my brood is spread over two cabins - 7572 and 7570. Looking forward to taking part!
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #1370
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrR View Post
Thanks, all, for your suggestions and help. I'm guessing we'll be making our own! Ok, consider us signed up for FE - my brood is spread over two cabins - 7572 and 7570. Looking forward to taking part!
Added FE after you name, also your cabin numbers. Just need to get you on Maria's list now and we are all set.

I was hoping our FE would be completed this week but still waiting for a package from US to add to it. Will post pics when its done.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #1371
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
Hello,

I just found this thread...I know I am a slacker!!!! But with school and daughter's dance, I am just now getting things in order for the cruise.

We are a family of four and from Michigan. This is our third Disney cruise...first seven day cruise. We are in room 2632. We are on a wait list for main dining, but at this point I have come to terms that we will be on the late rotation. Two kids...son 12 and daughter 10.

I haven't had time to go through all the pages, but now that I am home for the summer, I can get caught up on that!!!
hi tamman family
we are in room 2639 just along from you welcome on board
my name isBev and I am travelling with DH DAVE, dd Nicola 14 and dsJames 12
look forward to meeting you on board
bev
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

TheFatMansWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #1372
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfools View Post
We are from NY. Sabrina, Mark, Michelle(10) and Kimberly(9) and will be in cabin 6569. I am right there with you, Tamman, with the teaching profession, and now we finally have time to get into cruise mode. We won't be doing the FE b/c we are worried about where we will pack our regular things as we are doing 10 days in WDW before the cruise. Can't wait to meet everyone!
welcome on board
Sabrina, Mark ,Michelle and Kimberley.
we are going to have a great cruise.
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #1373
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Well, if we were talking in "that" direction, no I would not go to KY, but go to Nashville, TN, or to some of my backwood spots in Michigan for that matter. We have a family recipe from Colonial North Carolina, but have no idea how good it is. I was meaning my Pappy V.W., or Mr. Stagg, or Old Mr. Taylor, Col. Blanton and Elmer Lee who produce the finest products on the planet. Not referring to the products, so much as the men who have run Buffalo Trace Distillery and Van Winkle Distillery joint venture.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #1374
tamman
Mouseketeer

Hi Bev,

My name is Tammi, DH is Jon, DS is Trevor (12) and DD is Kayla (10).

It will be so nice to put a face to all these names on the cruise. I was thinking of scanning our cruise pic. from last year, but I am not that technical.
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #1375
shelleyr25
Queen of the Adult Pool

Hey everyone-
I know we had discussed this way back when, but did we decide to do something to identify ourselves to each other..I know we spoke about bracelets and tshirts but was anything decided...should we all try and wear the same color or something for our meet...what about name tags or something like that..any ideas????

Turkey with Mickey 11/2014
Disney Dream 2/2014
Magical Summer 2012-8/25 out of NYC!!
Disney Dream- 4/2011
Disney Magic- 8/2009
WDW-Polynesian- 8/2007
Disney Wonder-DDC Cruise- 11/2006
WDW-Polynesian- 8/06 Epcot- off site- 12/96
WDW- off site- 8/88 Epcot- off site- 4/87

shelleyr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #1376
MrR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Added FE after you name, also your cabin numbers. Just need to get you on Maria's list now and we are all set.

I was hoping our FE would be completed this week but still waiting for a package from US to add to it. Will post pics when its done.
Thank you!

DW is already hard at work on our FE, and we've some nice ideas for gifts.

Should be fun!
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1377
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyr25 View Post
Hey everyone-
I know we had discussed this way back when, but did we decide to do something to identify ourselves to each other..I know we spoke about bracelets and tshirts but was anything decided...should we all try and wear the same color or something for our meet...what about name tags or something like that..any ideas????
I remember the chilli logos did we decide on which one we would use??
I thought I would try and have a go at making some t shirts for us.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #1378
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
Hi All,

as Maria says, I am still playing with my designs. Here's the latest and the previous two just for reference.

If you have any ideas let me know and I will have a play.
Dave
I am using the top one with all chili peepers for my FE gift.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #1379
fluffy bunny
Mouseketeer

Hi All,

long time since I've posted, just got back into holiday mode this weekend.

to all the new cruisers.

We are also using the top design for our FE gifts, but I will probably have all three on our various doors.

Just dug out the suitcases and found the door magnets from two years ago. Have put some on the fridge with the new ones, but will have to update the rest, as we've got three doors to decorate. Good job we have a big fridge to put them on. Will try and get a photo done tomorrow. Just have the Scouts raft race to do and hopefully pick up a new minibus we just won on ebay. Nothing like leaveing it to the last minute to find transport for summer camp in a couple of weeks, but that's a thanks a story for the bar one night on the cruise.

Dave
Old 07-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #1380
trimix
DIS Veteran

A race of hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings once built themselves a gigantic supercomputer called Deep Thought to calculate once and for all the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

For seven and a half million years, Deep Thought computed and calculated, and in the end announced that the answer was in fact Forty-two — and so another, even bigger, computer had to be built to find out what the actual question was.

I propose the Ultimate Question is: "How many more days until our cruise?"

Of course, there is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

I miss Douglas Adams. I had long hoped for a book six in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

Have fun with the scout camp, Dave. I am counting down the years until I can accompany my son...

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: