Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #1231
trimix
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

I just thought I would point out that, as of today, we have:
70 Days remaining!
10 Weeks remaining!

I hope it passes quickly!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1232
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
I hope it passes quickly!
Maybe this will help a little:
http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=...fined&__pcode=
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #1233
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
We are getting into shape. She need to be walked twice a day at least 2 miles each time. I lost 1 pant size after 2 weeks. I may need to take up jogging to keep up with the puppy once she gets bigger. She just turned 11 weeks.
Wow, another great reason to have a dog! We still miss our terrier, who we lost last November when she was 16 1/2 . We decided at the time that while we will eventually have another dog, right now our combined schedules are such that it will be sometime in the future. So, now my sister's boyfriend is looking for a new home for his 3 year old Australian Shepherd (which I believe is what you have?). Don't know what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
i did manage to physically get my DH into a clothes shop ( well M&S..but hey) to actually participate in the act of buying his clothes...ppl there will be a blue moon tonight let me tell you... so ...atleast he has something to pack...ish....
Ha, you are doing better than I (but then again, you are leaving way before me). DH keeps giving me lists of things he needs, but I haven't been able to actually get him out to buy anything. I hope to get DS out this weekend to get a suit.

Speaking of DS, just 2 1/2 days of school left . He just finished his last book report 5 minutes ago, so we should be home free! DD had to draw a picture of her plans for the summer, so she came home with a picture of the Magic! (Well, at least her 7 y.o. interpretation .)

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #1234
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We do have an AUstralian shepard. She has the best personality. She does not have a favorite anyone in the family and is always ready to play. We researched a lot of different breeds before deciding on her. Aussies do require lots of exercise and interaction. She can play fetch for hours at a time. If you do not give them something to do, they will find a way to entertain themselves. They are very smart and are eay to train.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #1235
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Boy am I feeling old

Matt is volunteering for Cub scout day camp this week as an instructor. He is hoping to become a camp counselor or cit in a few years.

Marina is leaving on Wed. for her first sleepaway camp. She is very excited and told me she needed deodorant.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #1236
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Christi, you guys just wait and see how old I am. Put it this way, I was 42 when I found out I was pregnant with Tommy! Am proud to say it because I think I look great for my age, running after a 4 year old helps!!! Anyway, Kyle just finished his last day of school! My son will start 7th grade next Sept!. I meant to tell you guys about something. Did you know that you can take a teeshirt or a pillow case and give it to guest services the first day and they will have all the characters sign it? It's a free souvinor (spelling?) and my kids love wearing the shirts signed by everyone except the princecess (can you tell I only have boys?)They will return it on the 6th day of the cruise. I also meant to tell someone asking about Flounders and a 2 year old. Our son was 2 on our last cruise. We were very appreciative when we left him in Flounders for a dinner by ourselves. We don't have much help however and to find a monment to ourselves without kids is a Godsend.
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #1237
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Did you know that you can take a teeshirt or a pillow case and give it to guest services the first day and they will have all the characters sign it?
Funny, I've always read about the pillowcases, but I don't think I've ever seen the T-shirt suggestion. I'll have to pick one up at the craft store, DD would love it (DS will think he is too cool however). Thanks!

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

Half day today, so as of 12:15 EST, the kids are done with school. DH went home early today to meet them and they are going to see UP. I told them to wait until we were on the boat ('cause I'm thinking it is a pretty safe bet it will be showing), but they wanted to do something special, and it's raining here. AGAIN. So, movies were the best option. I guess I will have to go see it by myself!

I'm taking off tomorrow, and then camp starts Monday. With our vacation being right before school starts again, you would think the summer will drag by, but I have this feeling time is going to fly.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #1238
trimix
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately I was the recipient of very bad news yesterday. My job will cease to exist on 8/31 so, unless I find something else soon, I will be unemployed three days after we return.

But on the positive side, it happened close enough to the cruise that we cannot cancel our reservation without penalties, so we are still going!ixiedust:

However, in order to save some money I had to downgrade our reservation from cat 5 to cat 9.

Now I just have to hope and pray that, since the current availability is cat 5 and 9 gty, then cat 4 choose a room, we get into a cat 5 or 4 stateroom so I still get a veranda.

Wayne - when you get the chance, please update our cabin assignment to remove 7562.

Now let me close on a positive note by pointing out there are only 65 days until we board! For me, 57 days until vacation!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #1239
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately I was the recipient of very bad news yesterday. My job will cease to exist on 8/31 so, unless I find something else soon, I will be unemployed three days after we return.

But on the positive side, it happened close enough to the cruise that we cannot cancel our reservation without penalties, so we are still going!ixiedust:

However, in order to save some money I had to downgrade our reservation from cat 5 to cat 9.

Now I just have to hope and pray that, since the current availability is cat 5 and 9 gty, then cat 4 choose a room, we get into a cat 5 or 4 stateroom so I still get a veranda.

Wayne - when you get the chance, please update our cabin assignment to remove 7562.

Now let me close on a positive note by pointing out there are only 65 days until we board! For me, 57 days until vacation!
I love your attitude! Hopefully your company is giving out good packages and that a new job is right around the corner. There is nothing wrong with cat 9 - perhaps we will be neighbours.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #1240
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Removed that for you.
Sorry to hear about your job, hopefully something else will come along for you.
Glad you are still going on the cruise, better downgrading than not going at all.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #1241
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

hello everyone
we are getting so excited, not long to go now.
my DD has just watched twlight and is keen to get the books now.
she has even started a count down for the new film in november
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

TheFatMansWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #1242
AngelaRN79
Earning My Ears

Magnets????

Hello All!!!

Oh My Gosh. DH and I are getting so excited I think it might be impossible to keep it from the boys for another 2 months... So I have been doing a lot of reading, and there are two things I was hoping someone could clarify for me. How exactly do the FE's work and how do I design some magnets for the door? If anyone has suggestions that would be great thanks!!!!
AngelaRN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #1243
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:

So sorry to hear your news . Been there! I wouldn't worry about being in Cat 9, the point being you are still on the boat. But, if anyone benefits from a little fairydust and scores an upgrade, hopefully it will be your family.

If you are a drinkin' man, and you happen to find yourself near DH and me and a bar on board, it would be our pleasure to buy you a consolatory drink but hopefully you won't need one by then!

Denise
Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #1244
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
If you are a drinkin' man, and you happen to find yourself near DH and me and a bar on board, it would be our pleasure to buy you a consolatory drink but hopefully you won't need one by then!
DITTO

Also, here is some extra pixie dust in hopes that the upgrade fairy visits you. If not, I'm sure you will still have a GREAT time with the rest of us down in steerage.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #1245
Aurora's Mommy

days until we are all all aboard!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there.

Surprise, surprise, it is raining here today. And yesterday. Not a good weekend for the pool, but did go shopping yesterday and got my dress for formal night! And one for semi-formal night! And one more (maybe for Palo). What can I say, JCPenney's was having a sale. Actually, one has to go back, I just have to decide which one. Also picked up a suit for DS, and a dress for DD for formal night. DH is OK with the cost of the cruise, but it's the pre-cruise shopping and the on board charges that freak him out .

Got a see Star Trek last night. Really good! DH, the Star Trek purist, had a few issues with the plot, but really enjoyed it, too.

Have a good Sunday.

Denise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: