Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #901
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post
Thank you! When did you do the Land and Sea in Aug 2007? We did the Land and Sea then too. Were you in the green wristband group? I think we got on the Wonder on the 19th of August.
We were one cruise behind you on that trip. We ended up doing the 3-night cruise. We wanted to do 4 nights at WDW that year. It was ridiculously hot at WDW that time. I had heat exhaustion by the time we boarded the Wonder.

As for Easter......we're visiting my brother's house on Sunday. My kids had their spring break last week. Kind of a weird time to have off but it was great for those families who went on vacation since it was "off peak" prices. Lots of people went to Florida.

Christi - can't believe you're dealing with snow.

I love watching major league baseball games this time of year and seeing the crowd wearing winter jackets and the players with ski caps.

How about CC Sabathia doing so poorly in the Yankees first game of the season. I think what the Yankees paid for Sabathia and Teixeira is close to what it costs to build one of the new DCL ships!!!
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #902
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!! 2 years is a long time to wait for a cruise. I hope you aren't all chatted out on the board!!

Terri
We had a huge DIS group on that cruise as that was the first summer DCL did the double dip cruises. Funny enough, I actually didn't run into that many DISers onboard. That was the cruise where Slash of Guns N Roses and members of the Saudi Royal family were onboard.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #903
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!! 2 years is a long time to wait for a cruise. I hope you aren't all chatted out on the board!!

Terri
Two years is a long time? I have been waiting for an opportunity to take a Disney Cruise since they started cruises with the Big Red Boat!

Where is everybody planning to stay the night before the cruise? We'll be at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. I know some of you will be coming from the parks Saturday morning, others will be flying in Saturday morning (Good Luck!); is anybody else planning to spend the night near the port?

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #904
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Where is everybody planning to stay the night before the cruise? We'll be at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. I know some of you will be coming from the parks Saturday morning, others will be flying in Saturday morning (Good Luck!); is anybody else planning to spend the night near the port?
We're spending a week in Orlando before the cruise, so we will still be at Universal's Royal Pacific the night before the cruise
Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #905
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
I love watching major league baseball games this time of year and seeing the crowd wearing winter jackets and the players with ski caps.

How about CC Sabathia doing so poorly in the Yankees first game of the season. I think what the Yankees paid for Sabathia and Teixeira is close to what it costs to build one of the new DCL ships!!!
DH called and they were so cold, they left in the 8th inning. At least it didn't rain! Phils were losing anyway, although he will be disappointed if they stage a comeback in the 9th and he misses it.

Don't forget what they just spent to build the new stadium. Between salaries and the stadium, I think we are talking both new DCL ships.

I think you may have been on the Magic when we were in August 2006 (I don't remember the exact dates), I think I recognize your screen name. It was a Western itinerary with two stops at Castaway Cay, and Slash was on board. Does that sound familiar?

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #906
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
We had a huge DIS group on that cruise as that was the first summer DCL did the double dip cruises. Funny enough, I actually didn't run into that many DISers onboard. That was the cruise where Slash of Guns N Roses and members of the Saudi Royal family were onboard.
Ha, I was obviously typing while you were. So, yes, we were on the same cruise. Supposedly one of the Boys to Men was also on that cruise.

Funny story about Slash, my neighbor is a huge fan and got Slash's autobiography for Christmas. He came running over on Christmas day, because there in the book he mentions his Disney cruise in 2006, and included a picture (we were not in it). Mentioned that he didn't quite fit in!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #907
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Two years is a long time? I have been waiting for an opportunity to take a Disney Cruise since they started cruises with the Big Red Boat!

The Big Red Boat! That's taking me back in time.

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral before our 2006 voyage. Very nice. We haven't made our reservations yet, but we are probably staying at a hotel near the Orlando Airport this time around, probably at the Residence Inn since we have Marriott gift cards.

Denise
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #908
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oooooh, since the Big Red Boat....I'm sorry! That is a long time!! I hope your cruise is everything you've dreamt of.

We are planning on staying at the Raddison at the port. I didn't make reservations yet, but that's our plan so far.

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #909
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

We missed a fun day of posting yesterday! Welcome, newcomers!

We have some great honeymoon Disney news to share...FH and I were planning to spend just a smidgen of time in WDW before our cruise - my parents had some one-day park hopper passes they were willing to give us. I called this weekend to book a room at one of the Value resorts (the goal being adding on as much fun as possible without breaking the bank...even if it's our honeymoon!), and after doing some math we figured that adding in another day of park tickets and another overnight stay would allow us to take advantage of free dining for only $100 more! So now we're looking at 3 nights in WDW before the cruise starts and 2 full days in Disney

Plan is so far to arrive in Orlando on Wednesday afternoon, hang out in DD, do some shopping (bride and groom ears, anyone?!) and exploring, maybe chill out at the pool if the weather is good, then kick things off right with dinner at the California Grill. (Already have my calendar marked for making ADRs!)

Then Thursday we'll hit the Magic Kingdom all day and stick with counter service for meals. (It's been a LONG time since I've been at Disney...any suggestions for dinner that are better than a burger and fries?)

We'll do some park hopping on Friday - probably starting off at DHS, heading to Epcot...we MAY try to hit Expedition Everest first thing in the morning though, depending on which parks will help us with EMHs that day. Dinner suggestions are welcome, although we were thinking about San Angel Inn in the Epcot Mxico pavillion...suposed to be cute and romantic and I've never eaten there.

Then it's time to hit the high seas on Saturday! We also found out yesterday that our travel agent is hooking us up with a $100 on-board credit...whoohoo!
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #910
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Mackie - that is wonderful news

We are staying at the Country inn in Orlando. Not sure which one. Erik took care of all the reservations.

The snow has melted
It is suppose to be in the 50's the next few days. Hopefully, the winter weather is over for the year.

Erik's mom called last night. They want us to go a weekend getaway to Hocking Hills in Ohio to see the waterfall from the spring thaw at the end of the month. His sister and her family are planning on going too.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #911
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
and after doing some math we figured that adding in another day of park tickets and another overnight stay would allow us to take advantage of free dining for only $100 more! So now we're looking at 3 nights in WDW before the cruise starts and 2 full days in Disney

Then it's time to hit the high seas on Saturday! We also found out yesterday that our travel agent is hooking us up with a $100 on-board credit...whoohoo!
The offer for free dining here in UK does not include Value resorts. With mods we get Quick service DP & with Deluxe we get Regular DP. In addition they also offer 42% discount at either OKW or SSR so we went for OKW, $134(£91)/night incl tax but includes regular DDP worth $120/night.
We could have booked on Disney.com but nothing to match deal we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Mackie - that is wonderful news

We are staying at the Country inn in Orlando. Not sure which one. Erik took care of all the reservations.
We are staying at Country Inn LBV again next month(stayed there last August) nothing fancy but great value, paying £28($41)/night incl this time last year was even better at £20($29)/night.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #912
Donald Applecore

Great job Mackie!!!
Looks like we will probably miss you at MK by a day - currently we are thinking Wednesday for MK, but I wonít know for sure until the hours are released next month

We were able to get 7 nights with the Super Saver rate at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for almost the same rate that we had at CSR w/ AAA. Free dinning didnít really benefit us because we were already planning on spending half our time at universal & seaworld. We are definitely looking forward to enjoying Universal w/ FOTL benefit!!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #913
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So now we're looking at 3 nights in WDW before the cruise starts and 2 full days in Disney
Awesome, Heather! Your honeymoon is looking better all the time! Have a lot of fun at the parks, and we'll look forward to meeting you on the boat!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #914
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Mackie that is so exciting!! I'm new, so would you please catch me up?! Are you already married, getting married right before or during your trip? I have a lot of pages to cover!!

I don't know what you are looking for, but if it is casual, I do have a dinner suggestion for Thursday night. I am not sure if it is still the same, but Mickey's Backyard BBQ was very fun when I went. They have chicken, ribs, hd and hb, corn, watermelon, .....BBQ food. It's all you can eat and when I went it included all the beer and/or wine you wanted too. It was pretty inexpensive for Disney. I think it's now around $45. I would check to make sure what it includes. There was a country band and the disney characters dressed in western gear. The taught line dances and rope tricks. Big dance floor and games. It was a lot of fun! Not your typical dining experience.

Terri

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #915
Donald Applecore

Quote:
we were thinking about San Angel Inn in the Epcot Mxico pavillion...suposed to be cute and romantic and I've never eaten there.
We didnít eat there there, but checked it out on our last visit and the ambiance seemed AWESOME. (Living in TX, Mexican food is typically the last cuisine we look for when traveling)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: