Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #871
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post
I haven't been through all the posts yet, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but on the Wonder, a couple of years ago, one of the moms organized an order for the rubber (live strong type) bracelets. They had the ship, cruise dates and I believe, whatever our group called itself. I can dig one out and scan it for you. It was a nice, inexpensive alternative to a t shirt. I think each bracelet was 2 or 3 dollars. They were cool enough that the kids and the men didn't mind wearing them. They were a tropical green color. It made it easy to identify who was in our group.
Maria(Maza) talked about doing something like Lanyards a while back but don't think anything was decided, PM'ed her a week or so ago, no reply, she must be busy just now. Something discreet like that would be great. Although I am sure you will all recognise me, I post enough Pics here and on my website. I will be at port early and taking lots of photos around the place.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #872
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

I like the wristband idea. Would make us easy to spot at places like Castaway Cay.

Just booked our plane tickets. All I need is a recommendation for a limo service from Orlando to the port. Anyone have any ideas?
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #873
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
I like the wristband idea. Would make us easy to spot at places like Castaway Cay.

Just booked our plane tickets. All I need is a recommendation for a limo service from Orlando to the port. Anyone have any ideas?
I recently booked fltours from WDW to the Port and then from the Port to WDW. There will be 5 of us in a Van. The total return cost is $250 (the listed price is $260, but they gave me a deal). I believe that the cost to and from the Airport/Port is cheaper. Included in the price is a stop at a grocery store. I will probably stock up on some wine - this time I will remember my cork screw.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #874
fluffy bunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to browse through this meet thread, but I was wondering if there will be many kids aboard in the 11-15 age range? We sailed Disney a couple of summers ago and had an awesome group of disboarders!! We've since sailed twice on Royal Caribbean and my 14 yr old DD missed Disney!!

Thanks for the help!!

your name sounds familiar.....where you on the Wonder August 2007?
Both my DDa will be in the age group you listed...15 and 13...
Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #875
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
your name sounds familiar.....where you on the Wonder August 2007?
Both my DDa will be in the age group you listed...15 and 13...
I was on the Wonder in August 2007. If you were on the same week (end) I was, I think I may have met you. You sound very familiar to me as well!! If you are who I think you are, I think my husband and I were speaking to you and your wife near the elevator and my husband was more than amused that your screen name was Fluffy Bunny!!! You and your wife were so funny about how long American children are off of school for the summer. Were you part of the green wrist band group too? Was that you?

Terri

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #876
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post

I don't know how many people are in your group or if you are coming in a day early, but I read a review of the Magic from a man on the cruise critic board (someone linked it on the main disboard cruise forum too) and he said it was his 26th cruise and he can't figure out why more people don't rent a car (as he does) for $30. I don't remember the specifics, but he sounded as if it was very easy.

If I am able to get my dh to book this cruise, I will be in a day ahead and will definitely try the car rental option. It would solve my luggage problem while we have dinner in Orlando with friends and make it easy to get to the hotel.

Look on the main dcl disboard forum and read his review, it's worth it!!

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #877
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Hi all! Been a while again. Lot's going on. Just wanted to say hi to shellyer and another person from Philadelphia! Also, I was born and raised in Texas and it is always near and dear to my heart. Wristbands sound great. I too am now looking for FE's, with an offical explination by my new friend Christi. Although Christi, I didn't know Eric was going away. Honestly, I am so busy with my kids, that I don't get much time on internet. Wayne, do we have to give you our ages, some women like to keep that a secret, lol. My 4 year old is Tommy, and DH is Tom. I am looking forward to seeing everyone very soon. Also we don't know cabin numbers yet. We booked through USAA (DH is a Marine) and got a very good deal. We are also supposed to be on Deck 5. Still waiting for Southwest to extend through Aug 14 bookings and we will be set. May be coming down a little earlier as sister from Houston can meet us in Orlando and spend a few days with us. Ok, enough said, guess where I am at 4 am writing this. (shouldn't I be caring for my patients) Thankfully they are all asleep right now! Talk to you guys on the weekend. Birthday is Friday! (next time I work! ) Marianne
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #878
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I don't know how many people are in your group or if you are coming in a day early, but I read a review of the Magic from a man on the cruise critic board (someone linked it on the main disboard cruise forum too) and he said it was his 26th cruise and he can't figure out why more people don't rent a car (as he does) for $30. I don't remember the specifics, but he sounded as if it was very easy.
If you can drive its definitely the cheapest option. We will be dropping car at the port, then getting another after, they have free shuttles to the ship, Budget is very close. We will be already there with car but it is possible to fly in, get car, drive to port and drop off, would cost £16.86 here in UK with all taxes and insurances, approx $24(smallest car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Wayne, do we have to give you our ages, some women like to keep that a secret, lol. My 4 year old is Tommy, and DH is Tom. I am looking forward to seeing everyone very soon. Also we don't know cabin numbers yet. We booked through USAA (DH is a Marine) and got a very good deal. We are also supposed to be on Deck 5. :
Of course you don't have to reveal you age, its just an option for anyone who wants to.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #879
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Although Christi, I didn't know Eric was going away.time I work! ) :
Erik's trip has been postponed. A good thing with all the scouting activites he has planned .

It is a big weekend in Detroit. The Final Four tournament is at Ford field. Every hotel room has been booked. People are starting to book in Toledo.

There are a lot of free events and outdoor concerts planned. Erik and I are going out for our anniversary(April 1) on Sat. but are concerned about the crowds.

Erik is doing a service projects with scouts and is working the All star game tomorrow. Matt was too young.

Have a happy birthday Marianne.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #880
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Marianne, you sound like FH and I! The fact that Southwest hasn't released any rates for the end of August is driving us CRAZY. We want to book our flights!
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #881
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Erik is doing a scout service project for the Final Four tournament tonight.

I thought it would be a great night to watch Twilight.
Matt asked if could watch it with me. He really enjoyed it.
I saw it at the movies but, had not watched it yet.
I need to watch it again because Matt kept asking me about the background on the characters,
I guess I will have to watch it again.I liked it better this time since I knew it didn't follow the book exactly.

Matt has decided that he is going to read the book. He looked the baseball scene.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #882
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Wow, I learn more about this site everyday, I had no idea you can take part of something someone says and respond to it. cool. does anyone know the number of the lady that delievers baskets to the ship. On our last cruise we had her leave baskets for the boys. They loved them. :
Yes our hopes for another Philly championship was crushed by UNC. Nova nation looked horrible. But the world champion Phillies have opening night tomorrow. Sorry, but we haven't had a team to brag about in a while.
Christi am glad to hear Eric will be around.
Ok, well gonna go take care of my patients. Having a decent night. Talk to you tomorrow (today). Marianne
Old 04-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #883
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Mackey Mouse?
where do you live. We are from Willow Grove.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #884
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

I liked the baseball scene in Twilight as well. Loved that song, too. I'm constantly playing the soundtrack from the movie.

How exciting to have the final four basketball games so close to home.

Sorry to all the Nova fans - that score was a stunner.

Well, Sports Illustrated predicted the Mets will be World Series winners this season. So you know that means they will be in 2nd place behind the Phillies in the NL East this year.

At least we have a brand new stadium to enjoy.

Well, ski season officially ended for us yesterday. Hit the slopes for the last time this season. Wow, I am physically exhausted as we skied pretty much every weekend for the past four months.

Now the family is getting excited about this cruise.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #885
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We are getting a Winter storm tonight 5-8 inches.

It is crazy. We've had 50-60 degrees the last few weeks.

The kids are hoping for a SNOW DAY!
I am undecided. I really don't want to have to go out in it to take them to school.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: