Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #646
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Hi Christi.
Glad you got a great deal. I think you booked around same time as us all them months ago. 3 nighters are very very short but you have to do whats right for your family.
I have been tempted so many times to do an Alaskan cruise with HAL. If we went in May we would only pay for 2, then you can have 2 free in same room(adults or children) 4 of us could book for 7 nighter for around $2,000. Only problem is airfare, for the dates to Seattle they are over $600 each. Other cruiselines are doing fantastic offers, I am almost certain next August will be last with Disney, just can't justify the cost anymore.
Have you ever seen a shuttle launch? We did last August, one of the best experiences of my life. Want to see a night launch now.
I know that the 3 night will be short. But, DCL is so expensive. We were looking at 6 night RCCL Indepedence for $2000 for all of us.
Both kids do enjoy RCCL.
I wanted them to try DCL before thaqt got too old.

We have never seen the space shuttle launch so it is very exciting.
Erik was pricing tickets for the cuaseway. It was $250 for the 4of us.

One of the reasons ,I wanted to go on Disney was to experience Castaway Cay, pirate night and to see the amzing dining. I will get all of that on a 3 night.
We are looking at spending a day or two at WDW.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #647
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to add that I am going to miss my opportunity to meet some of you. I enjoyed chatting with all of you.

Usually, we don't book a cruise out so far in advance.
We have been looking for a winter cruise since mid-Nov.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #648
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear people are cancelling this cruise, but totally understandable given the economy and the great deals DCL is giving on other cruises.

Its kind of like all the deals we're getting doing our Christmas shopping.

No question....sailing DCL in the summer is expensive. I tried to get my extended family to sail in August and my brother instead booked a DCL cruise in October to get a better price.

We will miss talking to all of you.

Makes me wonder how DCL is doing with the European cruises for 2010.

Yes, the 3-night cruise will go by very quickly. My suggestion is to print out the latest 3-night Navigators right before you sail and look through all the activities and pick out what you want to do each day.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #649
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post

I can't believe they are going to sell them. I think many will have booked with the hype but when it comes to paying I can see many cancelling.
I priced up the 12 night Northern European, cheapest verandah over $12,000 for 3 of us and thats just the cruise, no flights needed, how much would it cost with flights from US? crazy.
Next August we have booked Business class flights to Florida, 16 nights OKW with DDP, 21 day unlimited Disney tickets, 7 nights on Magic, 2 nights AKL. Total $9,000 for 25 nights.
Would love to do the Euro cruise but not even at half that price.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 AM   #650
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
We have never seen the space shuttle launch so it is very exciting.
Erik was pricing tickets for the cuaseway. It was $250 for the 4of us.
We viewed it from Space view park Titusville http://www.titusville.com/Page.asp?NavID=207
Fantastic atmosphere, stalls selling things, food, restrooms great place and totally free.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #651
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
We viewed it from Space view park Titusville http://www.titusville.com/Page.asp?NavID=207
Fantastic atmosphere, stalls selling things, food, restrooms great place and totally free.
Thanks for the site. We will defintely look into it.
I think that Erik is more interested in that than the cruise.

We talked to our friends and they are considering coming with usnow. They are trying to work out the details at work. Arranging vacation time. They are going to WDW in May for 12 days, not sure if they can get extra time off.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #652
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
So sorry to hear people are cancelling this cruise, but totally understandable given the economy and the great deals DCL is giving on other cruises.

Its kind of like all the deals we're getting doing our Christmas shopping.

No question....sailing DCL in the summer is expensive. I tried to get my extended family to sail in August and my brother instead booked a DCL cruise in October to get a better price.

We will miss talking to all of you.

Yes, the 3-night cruise will go by very quickly. My suggestion is to print out the latest 3-night Navigators right before you sail and look through all the activities and pick out what you want to do each day.

When we booked our DCL crise we thought that we got a great deal. Now with the economy, there are some great deals.
My kids aren't that interested in disney. But, love to cruise. I wish it was a 4 night(we usually do at least 5 night). We can get a taste of DCL and see if it is worth the price.

My kids enjoy everything that Royal has to offer. Rock climbing, ice skating , roller blading, mini golf, and the flow rider.

Our plan is to relax. We will not be going into Nassua. We want to stay and enjoy the ship.

We are looking about doing an HAL alaska cruise soon. My extended family are interested in joining us. But, they take big vacations every few years.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #653
Maza
Mouseketeer

sorry you wont be joining us Christi and Eric...but completelty understandable. The way the prices look for 2010 this will probably be our last DCL cruise! we could just do so much more for the money, however wonderful it all is!
we were planning to go the DRLP at New Year, but the way the £ is against the euro it would just be rediculous...we could probably get a weeks skiing in Bulgaria for what the hotel was going to cost...so we are staying in the UK instead!

How many others will be leaving our little group i wonder...
Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #654
BPCooper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Thanks for the site. We will defintely look into it.
I think that Erik is more interested in that than the cruise.

We talked to our friends and they are considering coming with usnow. They are trying to work out the details at work. Arranging vacation time. They are going to WDW in May for 12 days, not sure if they can get extra time off.
This should help you, too. The tickets are worthwhile and you will understand why here :-)

http://www.launchphotography.com/Shu...h_Viewing.html
BPCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #655
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2009. Its about 35 degrees and raining here today so very dreary Christmas Eve.

Wow, what a month for us. Our heater broke down several times and required a huge plumbing bill to fix. Our automatic garage door opener broke and had to be replaced (another huge bill) and my car had to go to the shop twice (another huge bill). There is nothing worse than driving home from getting your car serviced when the "check enginge" light turns on!!!!

And DS broke his thumb while skiing this month and he's in a cast. He had a CT scan and fortunately the damage shown on the scan doesn't warrant putting a 14 y/o through surgery. So we dodged that bullet.

So we're looking forward to a quiet Christmas here then we are off to Vermont for a week of skiing.

Then come the new year the countdown to this cruise really begins.

I've read the second Twilight book and am halfway through the third. Both books are fabulous and I recommend them highly. Love the idea of a romantic rival for Bella.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #656
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Happy Christmas everyone.
We leave for Florida tomorrow, Flight takes off in in about 14 hours from now. There for 9 nights, will be in Epcot for New years eve Hoping for warm weather, been very mild here but temps to drop tomorrow so glad we are leaving.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #657
grumpy-gramps
EXTRA STOUT always bitter but never boring.

Hi All,
Hope you all hada great Holiday...

gg & Barb
grumpy-gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #658
sandyh67
Proud DVC owner since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
PS...anyone interested in FE gifting? i know some have expressed an interest already but just to confirm. I will make up the list, so anyone really interested speak up
i need numbers, room numbers,ages of children. anyone not already posting these details on waynes webpage please feel free to PM me, i wont pass on any info ppl dont want common knowledge. Sex of kids would also be useful (if names not posted or if its not obvious from names...sorry ppl but sometimes names are ambiguous.. ) so anyone not wanting any info to be widely known but wanting to participate will have to cough up a few bits of info to make it all possible.
I read the 'rule' of DIS tag...and re-read then...and once again. now i dont consider myself particularly thick but it all sounded a little too much like hard work to me! Last cruise we where on a kind Disser (for this cruise read ME ) compiled a list of participants, age and sex of their kids (if appropriate!), and room numbers. She then PMed it to all participants before the cruise (no kidding Sherlock!! ) and we just all went round and filled our little FEs as we wished! some just gifted the kids or adults without kids, some gave amazingly well thought out and prepared gifts some just put in postcards from their home town.Some put stuff in immediatly for sail away, others brought a littl something for pirat night. IT IS ENTIRLY UP TO YOU!!
My plan is to set a cut off date..say the 1st of August ..for ppl to join in, then i will PM the info to everyone involved . we leave for thr US on the 16th of Aug. and i have to work right up to the day we travel , and i like to be organised so everything will be done atleast 10 daysbefore that date! (but dont quote me! )

so....answers on a postcard please...(no..not really )

also lanyards....22 down...78 to go...lol
We're in- this is Sandy chiming back in, it has been months since I have been on this board. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I have been spending my time on the podcast cruise board since Kristen (also going on the August cruise with her kids and us) and I decided to jump on after the podcast about it.
Anyway- we would love to do FE, we will be experienced FEers by then!

sandyh67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #659
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Trip Planning Details

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe that this is the first post of the year and it is already mid January.
Today is a new milestone in terms of my families trip planning activities. It is 7 months today until we leave for WDW I get to book our DVC stay today. Only one more month and I can start booking dining. I have a Disney Christmas count-down calender (blocks) that I am using to count down the days until our trip - there are only 212 days to go. Sadly I just discovered that my favorite ride Space Mountain will likely be closed while we are there. As far as I am concerned the ride is perfect as it is
Please share your trip planning details...I would love to hear what everyone is doing.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #660
trimix
DIS Veteran

I second the motion - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And I have news I find exciting - I BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS!

We are in cat5, we will spend a week in Orlando before the cruise, and if a suite is available I will do my best to be first at the port so I can get an upgrade. So I decided I need to go cheap somewhere and booked with frequent flier miles.
Would you believe that one day less than seven months before our trip all the 25,000 mile award seats are unavailable!?! To use FF miles, the minimum was 40,000 for a coach seat. Forget that - first class is only another 5,000 miles! After spending $140 to buy four first class tickets, maybe I'll be able to take my wife to Victoria and Alberts for dinner one night...

We'll fly out on Friday the 14th, getting in just before midnight. This trip, in addition to Disney, we plan to hit Sea World, Universal Studios, and Busch Gardens in Tampa. Friday the 21st we'll leave early for the coast and tour the Kennedy Space Center.

So, if anybody actually got past my gloating about the first class tickets, is anybody else planning a visit to KSC Friday? If so, we'll have to plan a pre-cruise meetup!

I hope all is well with everybody else.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: