Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #601
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhryb View Post
I hope that you had a great trip. Did you visit WDW?
Yes been to see Mickey again. Only 8 nights this time, met with Disboard member I have spoken to for a while(Netty) in Seaworld, nice to meet her at last, went out for meal with cast member friends, they invited us for dinner on Xmas day (our next visit), Their house is just Disney top to bottom, will be nice to see how they decorate it for Xmas.
Did MNSSHP, 4th time we have done it, a little dissapointed with fireworks this time but parade and rest of evening was as good as ever. Did trick or treating in Seaworld.
Been to Disneyland CA for last 2 October trips so nice to go back to WDW to see their Halloween decorations again.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #602
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

Wayne - glad you had a good time at WDW.

We had absolutely spectacular weather for Halloween here in NJ. It was one of the nicest Halloweens I can remember in a while. DS came home with three bags filled to the top. It was a record haul for him.

DD went with a bunch of friends then gathered at a friends house where the girls all exchanged/traded their candy. They looked like a bunch of poker players sitting at the dining room table.

Boy, it seems like there are different versions of the DIS tag rules. I have no problem with the version posted in the link (combining the Mickey magent with the fish extender gift).

One thing I will mention is that on the last cruise I was on where we played DIS tag, both Mickey head magnets got stolen/disappeared halfway through the cruise and we never got tagged

It was the worst feeling at the end of the day returning to our room and not seeing any Mickey magnet on our door.

No one knows what happened to either Mickey magnet.

On to a happier topic.......anyone here reading the Twilight books? The ones about the teenage vampires. The movie comes out in three weeks. I just finished reading the first book and most of my Girl Scout troop has read through the third and fourth books in the series.

I am now in baseball withdrawal mode. Really enjoyed watching the World Series. I was sure Tampa Bay would win but I'm delighted the Phillies pulled it off.

For Halloween I wore a Mets baseball shirt with a Phillies baseball hat. I said I was a schizophrenic baseball fan.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 AM   #603
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post

Boy, it seems like there are different versions of the DIS tag rules. I have no problem with the version posted in the link (combining the Mickey magent with the fish extender gift).

One thing I will mention is that on the last cruise I was on where we played DIS tag, both Mickey head magnets got stolen/disappeared halfway through the cruise and we never got tagged

It was the worst feeling at the end of the day returning to our room and not seeing any Mickey magnet on our door.

No one knows what happened to either Mickey magnet.
I think if we are doing both tag and gift exchange it might as well be a combined game but if some want to opt out of the gifts then we will have to do as 2 seperate things. Glad we have lots of time left.

Same with us, we started with 3 heads, by end of game we only had 1 left, no idea where they went.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #604
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

OK - This is WAY off topic, but I know that we've got several folks from the Northeast here with us.

My wife & I will be in NYC for Thanksgiving this year. We thought about eating at the Central Park Boathouse, but we waited too long to get a reservation. Does any one have any recommendations for restaurants that might still have an opening?

TIA!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #605
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post
OK - This is WAY off topic, but I know that we've got several folks from the Northeast here with us.

My wife & I will be in NYC for Thanksgiving this year. We thought about eating at the Central Park Boathouse, but we waited too long to get a reservation. Does any one have any recommendations for restaurants that might still have an opening?

TIA!!!
Only one place for you McDonalds
Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #606
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Only one place for you McDonalds
Sorry couldn't resist.
Well - I have heard that the McRib is back. Do you think I can get my wife to go for it?

Last edited by Donald Applecore; 11-03-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Donald Applecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #607
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post

TIA!!!
Sadly, I am useless here! I grew up outside NYC, but we were one of the suburbanite families who rarely ever ventured into the city. All the best!

And Ski and Sea....THANK GOODNESS the Phils won!!!! Halloween was of course a bit nutso here...I'm a fifth grade teacher in a 5-8 middle school, and over 350 students out of our 900 or so kids were out on Friday attending the Phillies parade before trick-or-treating! Add to this that the remaining kids were all dressed in costume (I dressed as Minnie, of course), and the day was quite the exercise in flexibility and patience!
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #608
Maza
Mouseketeer

Lanyards anyone? Red Hot Chili ones...with maybe names in the plascti bit at the bottom? I am happy to cost and organise if anyone is interested!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #609
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

I would be interested in the lanyards. Count me in.

I am of no help whatsoever in restaurant recommendations in New York City. I, too, am one of those suburban people that don't go in the city often enough.

Ahhhh, looking forward to Thanksgiving. We host the extended family and DS and DD love helping my mom cook the turkey. I forget that as the kids get older that they can eat more and last year we didn't cook enough (the horror ). Only had enough for one day of leftovers.

Prior to that I do have to get through DS's sleepover birthday party next week. Hope the house survives having nine 13/14 y/o's pulling an all nighter. The boys plan this party for weeks in advance.

At least sleepover parties are cheap. Just the cost of a bunch of pizza's for dinner and a betty crocker homemade cake.

If there is any silver lining in the economy right now, its the big drop in gas prices. Its been a looooong time since I had a pleasant surprise at the gas station.

Saw High School Musical 3 on Saturday. It wasn't that bad. Better than the reviews. I will admit the first third of the movie was a bit "cheesy". But it got better from there.

The movie "Bolt" looks adorable. And we're big "Twilight" fans in this house. Can't wait for that movie.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #610
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
Hi all,

I would be interested in the lanyards. Count me in.

excellent...count 1 for lanyards!
Enjoy your party weekends...when exactly is thanksgiving??
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #611
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Ski-
I am a big Twilight fan. Erik is going to go see the movie with me for my birthday.

Maza- What would we use the lanyards for? We have never had any in the past.

We have been very busy. I am trying to organize a kitchen now that it is finished. I have a lot of stuff that I don't use. Trying to get the kids to get rid of some of their stuff before the holidays.

We went to Kalahari last week. We had a great time. It was only at 50% capacity. My sister's family went with us.Both kids got their picture taken with a baby tiger. Matt got a private lesson on the flowrider. We signed him up for the 90 minute class and he was the only one.

Matt was very excited because his palate expander fell out while we were there. He got to eat the "forbidden foods". I took him to the orthodontist yesterday. He was not very happy about getting it put back on after a few days of freedom.
The Dr. decided his mouth a grown enough-that's why it fell out. He got his top braces put on. He is much happier.

Both kids are home from school today sick. am not going to get a lot of work . We have already been to the Drs. Matt has a viral infection, and Marina- upper respitory infection.
I was worried about it being strep. It is going around school along with
the flu.

Christi
stsomewhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #612
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Ski-

Maza- What would we use the lanyards for? We have never had any in the past.

well Christi...they are kind of strings you hang round your neck with stuff dangling from them!...no seriously, we bought pirate ones for our last cruise (...who am i kidding..'WE'..lol...I bought them..) we kept out kttw card in them..and a pen dangling...and i had a few letter M post its in mine...to leave me appropriate notes ofcourse. i also put my driving licence in mine as photo i.d. when i left the ship...under my t-shirt ofcourse...and DH had a little lime green mickey head he bought at DTD on his. I wouldnt be without one . my DB took his off and put his KTTW card in his pocket...and it fell overboard when he was on a trip on CC. If only hed had a lanyard on... the horror! but he learned to listen to his big sis...

seriously....not exactly an essential (well they are for me..but i am sad...and spend my working life with an id badge clearly visable ) and i have seen other threads who had done personalised ones as a DIS thing (nah nah nah nah na...were in the club... ...and your not...lol)...and also a nice momento...but no probs. if your not interested! so far its only this sad bugger and Sea ansd Ski...who obviously appreciates the value of a piece of string round the neck to hang things from!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #613
grumpy-gramps
EXTRA STOUT always bitter but never boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Lanyards anyone? Red Hot Chili ones...with maybe names in the plascti bit at the bottom? I am happy to cost and organise if anyone is interested!
Hi,
sorry but been getting ready for a Dec. 13- 20 Western DCL trip.
I have a lot of reading to catch up on..
I will put my family's names in the hat for lanyards and if you need $$$$, I will help donate also..
As soon as Thanksgiving and Dec trip is over I will pay more attention to this board..

have a great weekend,
gg
grumpy-gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #614
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Erik would like us having them. I usually make him keep my card in his pocket. That way he has to pay for everything. Put us down for 4. Let us know how much $$.

Thanks,
Christi
stsomewhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #615
FINCANTIERI
You flustered the TF
I am no handbag
Dead Men Tell No Tales - unless of course they are examined by a forensic pathologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
We are defnitely IN. Love the lanyards. We will also be doing the FE if anyone is organizing a list of partcipants for the cruise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: