Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #256
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Welcome Bellebud.

And yes, it takes me forever to find that "welcome" smiley. I swear its location changes when you try to find it.

I bet we'll see a lot more people book this cruise over the summer when people are onboard to take advantage of the onboard discount.

I had a fantastic weekend - took my Girl Scout troop to a dude ranch in New York. We had a great time!!!! DD rode for four hours on Saturday and three hours on Sunday. I don't know how she was able to walk around. And she rode in the advanced class which meant cantering.

I rode for two hours on Saturday and one hour on Sunday. I stayed in the beginner class because my sprained ankle was just too sore to put weight on in the stirrup.

I had 25 people from my troop go. The moms had a great time, too. Boy, we were sore even on the first day. Mostly sore bums!!!

Saturday night while the girls were doing an art/crafts class one of the moms asked if we were going to go riding on Sunday. One mom said she would play it by ear. I said I would play it by "rear".

The food was fantastic and it was soooooo nice to just show up to the dining room and eat. Just like on DCL - just go at the assigned time and get your food. Heavenly.

We lucked out with fantastic weather - sunny/low humidity/comfortable temperatures.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #257
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellebud View Post
I just realized my ds will be 8 when we cruise, not 7 (not that it makes a big difference - it was my mistake). Thanks!
I fixed it.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #258
kimlam1
Mouseketeer

Hi Bellebud. My DS will only be 4 at the time of sailing. Sorry for the mistake!

Kim
kimlam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #259
kimlam1
Mouseketeer

Well, most of my family is getting better, although DH decided to shoot a nail into his hand last night (via a nail gun). I just love the after hours hospital clinic we have in our town. We were in and out w/in an hour, including x-rays, cleaning and paperwork.

Here in Seattle the weather has been crazy. We had several inches of snow over the weekend. It's near the end of April! I think my tulips are confused. :-)

I hope all is well with all of you!

Kim
Old 04-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #260
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Just been having fun with inputting info onto my website. Have a look check all your info, let me know anything you want adding, changing or taking away.
I have included hyperlinks to everyones DIS profiles, also a hyperlink on my location, we live in a village near Dewsbury called Thornhill with a lot of history, link takes you to the Wiki with a little info if anyone is interested.
If anyone else wants links to their hometown let me have the webpage.
Included link to this forum and at the top a countdown to cruise.

Any ideas to improve it will be appreciated, any links you want adding let me know, I might add webcams next, I know they are at Port Canaveral, Twopalms and Key West. anymore you know of?
www.astersflorist.co.uk (link bottom left)
Wayne
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #261
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the dentist. Marina had a check up and cleaning. Her bottom teeth are coming in behind the baby teeth. She has not lost any teeth.
She had no cavities
Her wonderful brother is calling her "shark". Aren't brothers great?'
He had her convinced she was a freak. Thankfully, she showed her teacher from last year and the teacher told her the same thing had happened to her.

She has an appointment for the orthodontist in 2 weeks. I thought she was a little young. She is only 7.

Matt is awaiting his fate. He has his dentist appt. on Thursday.
He is hoping that he won't need braces. He said it will make him even geekier.
Not only will he be known as the smartest kid in his class, now he'll be the only one with braces.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #262
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlam1 View Post
DH decided to shoot a nail into his hand last night (via a nail gun). Kim
omg... that's sounds horrible!! Hope his hand is better soon!
bellebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #263
bellebud
DIS Veteran

and thank you all for all the welcomes!!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #264
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Hope we are not going to have teeth problems, the last Magic cruise we did was called the "Molar express DISmeet" as we all had teeth problems. I went last week for a filling, still not sure its good, will have to leave it to settle a few more days.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #265
kimlam1
Mouseketeer

Teeth problems would definitely suck! I love your website Wayne!

Kim
Old 04-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #266
soccermom10
Earning My Ears

Kim - sorry to hear about your DH's hand....ouch

wayne - thanks for the putting the info on your website.

Speaking of dentists, I have an appt on Thursday for a cleaning. Did I mention that I hate going to the dentist?

Okay, so I finally found the "welcome" sign. I knew about the more on the bottom, but I didn't realize I had to enlarge the box. Oh boy, is their a DUH smiley?
soccermom10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #267
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Kim......how awful for DH..... I'm actually afraid to use a nail gun for that very reason.

Snow in April?????? As a skier I can only wish.

Stsomewhere.....I have my own orthodontist story......DS is missing two teeth!!! Yup, never did get all his baby teeth and the adult ones are missing as well. The ones near the canine teeth. The dentist said its not uncommon.

So in the interim I'm supposed to take him to the orthodontist where spacers will be put in and then once he's over the age of 21 then implants.

Wayne....I will check out the website. Thanks for doing that.

Oh.....btw everyone....if your kids watch the Disney channel, there is one of those little segments where the Disney channel TV actors get "interviewed". The current one that takes place at a ski resort is at the Smugglers' Notch resort in VT. That's where we skied at Christmas and President's Day.

Its funny because the first time we saw that segment we all remarked that the ski trails look familiar.

The resort hosts a Disney family fun day once a year.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #268
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlam1 View Post
Hi Bellebud. My DS will only be 4 at the time of sailing. Sorry for the mistake!

Kim
It's fixed. It was my mistake.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #269
bellebud
DIS Veteran

I just got my cruise confirmation and postcard in the mail this morning!! I didn't know I would get anything!! What fun!!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #270
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Wayne -The website looks grreat. Thanks for doing it.

Ski- It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. I would love to do something like that with Marina's troop. But, some of the girls are afraid of horses. We ride as often as we can. There is a place about an hour away that rents horses. They let you gallop and trot. The kids love it. They encourage you to ride side by side because it is more fun.

I just got the brochure for girl scout day camps and I am thinking about signing Marina up for the horse lovers.

Marina has Brownies tonight. They had 2 weeks off because of school being closed for spring break and then a leaders meeting. The moms are anxious to find out if the mom that still owes cookies money will be there. One mom has left numerous messages.

Matt will be going to Webelos day camp, String camp, and Webelos resident camp.

We had a great weekend. The weather was great. we had some of our neighbors over on Friday night for a bonfire and drinks. The kids had a movie night under the stars. We brought out a TV and they had popcorn and hot cocoa.

Saturday- Erik and Matt had a scout service project. Marina and I went to birthday parties. Then, we had some friends over to play cards. The kids played outside and video games. Matt's friend spent the night.

Sunday- Erik had to work church and we had Erik's family over for a BBQ. Plus all the neighbor kids over. For some reason I ususally end up with a porch full of girls playing barbies.
It's not uncommon to have 11 kids plus mine playing here. They also like to go next door because their trampoline is bigger. But, we are the only family on the block with a monkey bars,pool and a sandbox. The only problem is our dog. She watches for someone to leave the gate open
and takes off.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: