Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #1921
IGetAKickOutOfFlik
Earning My Ears

What is the teen wild side at Castaway Cay?

I have same feeling as you do - did most of the packing last night, now sitting at my desk and trying to focus but can only think about this upcoming trip. Got the airport limo picking me up at my house at 5PM EST this afternoon, and I'm wigging out!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #1922
jsolar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
thanks for the advice. We are looking forward to it. My kids may cry tommorrow night when we take them to a friends house. I love the weather forcast too although I think it is even hotter in Hatboro
Are you in Hatboro, PA? How old are your kids? I am in Huntingdon Valley, PA so we may be neighbors.
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #1923
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGetAKickOutOfFlik View Post
What is the teen wild side at Castaway Cay?
Its a teens-only excursion at Castaway Cay. They go bike riding, kayaking and I think hiking. The really cool thing is they get to go to a restricted section of CC.

The teens meet in the morning and they are finished around lunchtime.

The "wild side" is a bit misleading. Its really a multi-activity excursion just for the teens.

Maybe they get to see a "wild side" of CC.

Bottom line....its a great way to get rid of your teens in the morning so you can enjoy Serenity Bay.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #1924
dandandandan
Earning My Ears

juliehoo i pm you in detail about what picture i need, thanks
dandandandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #1925
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Ugh, the weather here in NJ is awful - hot and very humid. The air is so unstable, feels like thunderstorms could pop up any minute.

Definitely getting us acclimated to the tropical weather that will greet us on Saturday.

Packing is going well - having to bring all the FE gifts is making me economize on other things, which is a good thing.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #1926
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

JSolar are you in UPper Moreland? My DH is a UM Police Officer!!! We live at York and Warminster Rds in the little section of houses on the right (near where the lighthouse is on Warminster Rd) Have to meet up with you. Two boys are 4 and 12. Tommy and Kyle respecitively. Any chance you are leaving tomorrow at 5am like us (Flight at 8:50am) I am so psyched that I could not sleep last night and probably wont get much tonight either, but who needs sleep (LOL). See you all soon!!!!!
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #1927
shelleyr25
Queen of the Adult Pool

I can not believe that this cruise is finally here!!!

I have been so lax about packing, everything is in piles all over the place. I had to go out this morning and buy a new suitcase because I am afraid that the ones we have will be too heavy....

Decided on margaritas at the pool....dh bought a bottle of tequila and 2 plastic bottles of mixer...we will pack in our luggage and then remove to carry on the ship. I also packed a coleman beverage holder...you wont miss me at the pool!!~!

Turkey with Mickey 11/2014
Disney Dream 2/2014
Magical Summer 2012-8/25 out of NYC!!
Disney Dream- 4/2011
Disney Magic- 8/2009
WDW-Polynesian- 8/2007
Disney Wonder-DDC Cruise- 11/2006
WDW-Polynesian- 8/06 Epcot- off site- 12/96
WDW- off site- 8/88 Epcot- off site- 4/87

shelleyr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #1928
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyr25 View Post
I can not believe that this cruise is finally here!!!

I have been so lax about packing, everything is in piles all over the place. I had to go out this morning and buy a new suitcase because I am afraid that the ones we have will be too heavy....

Decided on margaritas at the pool....dh bought a bottle of tequila and 2 plastic bottles of mixer...we will pack in our luggage and then remove to carry on the ship. I also packed a coleman beverage holder...you wont miss me at the pool!!~!
I know what you mean about heavy suitcases. I have one that I bought years ago and even empty it feels like I'm carrying bricks. I put all our beach/snorkeling gear in it.

I will definitely be looking for you at the pool with the margaritas.

My packing piles are just about into the luggage. Will finish packing the toiletries tomorrow.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #1929
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Hey Mark, my money is betting on seeing you Tuesday, although it could be Wednesday. You are welcome to share the wealth.

Erik

PS: Remember the secret knock, it is the J.Giles live intro to Musta Got Lost
Mark thanks you, but he does plan on supplementing with some fruity drinks poolside, so the scotch should make it a little longer into the week. Oh, and although he enjoyed a live J.Giles performance at Penn State back in the early 80s, he doesn't know Musta Got Lost. If he does need to borrow, he wants to know if he can do intro of Yes's "Roundabout" instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeysmith View Post
I love my shoes.
I hear ya! I was having shoe issues as well while packing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
Probably hit Topsiders just as its closing.
Wait a minute! I thought they will bring a complete breakfast from Lumineres to your suite? Pancakes in bed, baby.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #1930
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Outta Here!!

We're leaving for PHL around 8:30 tomorrow, so this will be my last post. It's been a busy day, but everything is packed (well, except for those last minute toiletries), boarding passes are printed, and I'm about to head up to bed.

Hope I can sleep, I'm kind of hyped up

Everybody who hasn't left yet, safe travels.

Goodnight

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #1931
trimix
DIS Veteran

For those of you coming to FL tomorrow or Saturday, the weather is great! It's uncomfortably hot for me - in the upper 80s or low 90s with high humidity - but coming from the Pacific Northwest it sure is nice to wake up to sunny mornings!

This is my goodbye number two - bright and early tomorrow we leave Orlando for the Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach, then I'll see you all onboard!

I don't have anything with the RHCC logo, so in the terminal look for a fat guy with a t-shirt from Linuxfest Northwest - it has the Linux mascot Tux the penguin on top of a totem pole.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #1932
Maza
Mouseketeer

lights out?

do i get to switch the lights out...doI? do I ? I switched them on...well fot this thread anyway....assuming my DHs identnity obv

well...we head off to orlando today (Thank heavens)....we have had a hectic 48 hours in NY...Jack Bauer has nothing on us......and i will be sooooooooooo glad to hit Orlando later this evening!
managed to resist the sales here in the big apple,,,just bought a few tacky touristy bits...it just has to be done!
Glad you are all ok...and prepared.ing...had to help my DB buy a tie in Macys...almost 2 years to prepare and he hadnt packed a tie..he doesnt 'do' ties...heaven help us! He never sorted out his kilt either, which i ama little disappointed about, but his middle name is Apathy, so i shouldnt have expected any less!

well...need to re-pack...seems my great plan for having a 'NY' suitcase went a little arye, and i find that I am short of knickers...just me mind....maybe all those gusset chewing dogs have been at 'em!
Had to open one of the cruise cases...not what i had planned at all...hey ho. Best laid plans etc etc

KC- we will be on Serenity oo on CC day, equally 'active' ...taking my e-reader so i dont even have to turn a page both my little darlings will be wild siding too...and last time we cruised the eldest never came near us even after the excursion finished, far too much fun to be had with her new found friends!

Booze- we will be stopping off on the journry from MCO to the port...need a few bits (dont ask!!)...and maybe a few bottles too. Alcohol is a lot chaper over here ( in the off-licences anyway!) than at home ...although to be fair its not too bad there either, so it all looks like a bargain to us!

Erik- BLENDED SCOTCH....shame on you......and here is me thinking we would get on!

right gtg...still got a few hours to nail NY...really need a holiday now!

maybe i will check in later....think the wifi is free in the Hyatt..
if not ...welll....its been a pleasure posting with you
*cue small boy with bugle*

see you all on Saturday...wait... THATS TOMORROW
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #1933
Maza
Mouseketeer

DAMN...WE DIDNT MAKE 2000 POSTS....
Old 08-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #1934
shelleyr25
Queen of the Adult Pool

I am still here until 4am tomorrow morning...I can post 70 more times to get to 2000!!!

Turkey with Mickey 11/2014
Disney Dream 2/2014
Magical Summer 2012-8/25 out of NYC!!
Disney Dream- 4/2011
Disney Magic- 8/2009
WDW-Polynesian- 8/2007
Disney Wonder-DDC Cruise- 11/2006
WDW-Polynesian- 8/06 Epcot- off site- 12/96
WDW- off site- 8/88 Epcot- off site- 4/87

shelleyr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #1935
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
and i find that I am short of knickers...just me mind....maybe all those gusset chewing dogs have been at 'em!

Erik- BLENDED SCOTCH....shame on you......and here is me thinking we would get on!

THATS TOMORROW
Wahoo we are in Orlando safe and sound. Time to hit the surf shop and then the waves.

Right, I was in two minds about the reply, one being about asking you to teach me, however I will go with the second. I am bringing blended to avoid losing it after a week. Single malt is a thing of beauty and should be enjoyed like courting a complex lady. Thus the Ballentines for me. When I am home I will suffer through a MacAllen or Oban. And much pleasure comes from visiting Glen Morangie. I would go to great lengths to find more Port Ellen. So please don't write off our friendship, just understand we went to 25 cent beer night in this bottle.

Before you accused the dogs, take a look at your spouse...
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: