Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #1891
MrR
Earning My Ears

Hey all! Hello from Orlando. We've almost finished phase one of our stay - we've just packed up, ready for three nights at AKL.

The weather has been great here - never too stifling, but Blizzard Beach was a washout today. Though we did laugh sitting there in a downpour eating a burger and fries, surrounded by thunder and lightning!

Anyhow... Just checking in to say hello - see you all aboard on Saturday!
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #1892
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post
Hey Brian~
I've been thinking about your family, hoping you are having a great time and wondering how your daughter is doing, getting around in WDW.

Not too much longer and you'll be on your first Disney Cruise!! Nothing like the very first one. As prepared as you are, you are still going to be overwhelmed by the Magic (and the magic)!!

Terri
Hi Terri,
Kirstin is doing just fine. The rest of us are the ones getting worn out, and she keeps going strong! But today at Sea World, between a few rain showers, a major (at least to me) thunderstorm, and getting saturated on the Journey to Atlantis ride, she started shivering more than we would like. So she gave us a good excuse to head out of the park and change into dry clothes.

I am hoping to take at least tomorrow morning off just to give my feet a break, and I am really looking forward to relaxing on the Magic! I am sure I will be overwhelmed, but I am looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #1893
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
I am almost packed....

AS you know, we got a puppy a few months ago. She likes to eat underwear

I have to go out and pruchase a few more pairs for everyone.
Your puppy too? Several times when cleaning my backyard I noticed some weird looking sticks, but didn't think more about it. Then one day I was walking her and she dropped one of those sticks. I bagged it then hosed it down when I got home and was amazed to find underwear! Talk about variations on a skidmark!

I hope nobody spits a beverage across their keyboard reading the previous sentence!

WDW 8/2008
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1894
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Hey Christie we got a new puppy three weeks ago Australian Shepherd, named her Jasmine in honor of Disney Cruise. We are almost packed. FE's done Just finishing up dog and cat arrangements and we will go 5am on Friday and planning to spend some time at Sea World. DH is a Marine so we get in for free. Anyway point was our Cocker Spaniel Daisy who is a little over a year, has a fondness for my underwear only. Can't understand it and drives me crazy she does not go after the boys underwear. Christie think you are leaving tomorrow. Safe trip and plane rides to those leaving can't wait to see you all on the shipMarianne!!!!
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #1895
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Hey Christie we got a new puppy three weeks ago Australian Shepherd, named her Jasmine in honor of Disney Cruise. We are almost packed. FE's done Just finishing up dog and cat arrangements and we will go 5am on Friday and planning to spend some time at Sea World. DH is a Marine so we get in for free. Anyway point was our Cocker Spaniel Daisy who is a little over a year, has a fondness for my underwear only. Can't understand it and drives me crazy she does not go after the boys underwear. Christie think you are leaving tomorrow. Safe trip and plane rides to those leaving can't wait to see you all on the shipMarianne!!!!
Congrats on your puppy! Ours in a mini AUstralian shepard. .
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #1896
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

we have heard they are really great dogs. But all our dogs are sweet and fun. We now have 3!!!
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #1897
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
I take it that is you in the yellow!
Don't I wish. He has enough money left over to purchase a board. After Christi spends all my money on cruising, I could never afford a board. (Not that I am complaining, just stating the facts) Besides, boards just get in the way... until you learn how to use one.

I was body surfing, just me and the wave. At 18' the wave has plenty of power to throw you around. In fact, one biggun' crawled up the beach and grabbed a college-age girl and ripped her down into the ocean and the lifeguards had to make a human chain to save her. They just did not wait for her to get out to me.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #1898
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

To everyone leaving today (and I think that is a lot of you, it may be lonely here the next couple of days) travel safely!

Next week at this time, Cozumel. For most of the day, we plan to enjoy the ship while everyone else gets off, although we do plan to head to the market and do some bargaining, maybe find a margarita. We have Palo that night .

Glad to hear from those in Orlando already that you are having a good time, regardless of some rain yesterday .

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #1899
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

This time next week, we will be heading for Cozumel...

Our plan is to relax on the ship in the morning and then we are doing the Fury Catamaran snorkel and beach excursion. I have cameras for each of the kids so they can take some pictures while we snorkel.

Pirate party will be that night and the costumes for the kids are ready! I am a little bummed we will miss dinner as we have early seating and our excursion does not get back until 5:55pm.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Sonnyeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #1900
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Let's see today is Wednesday, at the apogee of our travels on the Magic. We are waking up to Cozumel.

The Marlin's will be slamming into gear to get on the Ruins Tour Bus. I saw some travel shows about Tulum and the area around the ruins looks really cool, probably no stopping there, but we can check it out on the way through and decide if we want a whole week somewhere nearby.

If there is time when we get back to the ship, there may be a little Mezcal sampling at one of the shops. Last time we were in Cozumel, I stopped at one of the booths, I am not sure if the planets were in alignment or what, but 1/2 a shot of Mezcal put me over the edge for quite some time.

Notes on other posts:
Wow, those were some dog logs, with the drawers inside. I was going to take credit for the training, but it seems this is a natural phenom.

Won't get around to posting Thurs and Friday, so I will in advance: Lounging around and doing nothing!! Perhaps I will gather enough strength to walk down the beach and grab a Konk Kooler on Friday.

One last item: For anyone who is wanting to stop for liquor to board the ship while in transit. I called down to plan ahead and it seems the ABC shops are the big ones that buy in volume and discount. They were up to $5 per bottle cheaper than the small private stores. Also, I thought that Florida was a State Shop liquor control, but they are not. So each store sets the prices and they are market driven. Airport and Orlando shops will be more expensive than ones in less touristy areas. I was also happily shocked to hear that my favorite blended scotch was half-price compared to Michigan at ABC. Don't want to take a "good" bottle on board and have to dump it out. REMEMBER: You can't bring it back.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #1901
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyeclipse View Post
I am a little bummed we will miss dinner as we have early seating and our excursion does not get back until 5:55pm.
Don't worry there is plenty of food on board for you, no one goes hungry. On the flip side of that, if you find out your dining rotation and learn that this is the night that you would have seen the Animators Palace Show, you may want to consider asking for an alternate rotation so you don't miss that event. We will be checking our A.P. Show vs. our Paolo reservation and debating a swap, too.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #1902
Aurora's Mommy

OK, so I was over on the Weather Channel website checking on Bill (I know it is no threat to our cruise, but still curious), and I started checking on our ports. Interesting pattern:

Cape Canaveral, Sat, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Key West, Sun, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Caymen Brac, Tues, 89 and Scattered T-storms

Cozumel, Wed, 87 and......Showers () (Of course, predicting weather a week out is certainly not exact science.)

Today's weather in beautiful Downtown Newtown? 89 and....Isolated T-storms!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #1903
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
I was also happily shocked to hear that my favorite blended scotch was half-price compared to Michigan at ABC. Don't want to take a "good" bottle on board and have to dump it out. REMEMBER: You can't bring it back.
I'll have to make a note of your cabin number. Mark will have 375 ml of Dewars with him. Should be more than enough, but if he runs out, he may be knocking on your door with glass of ice in hand.

Denise
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #1904
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post
Mark will have 375 ml of Dewars with him.
Hey Mark, my money is betting on seeing you Tuesday, although it could be Wednesday. You are welcome to share the wealth.

Erik

PS: Remember the secret knock, it is the J.Giles live intro to Musta Got Lost
Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #1905
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
How sweet! I hope the kids didn't get upset leaving the puppy behind - when we dropped off our puppy with friends Brennan, 7, started crying - and has been crying ever since if somebody mentions the puppy.

Regarding Sea World, we were just there yesterday and I have some important advice - save Journey to Atlantis for LAST, and use the 50 cent lockers for anything that can't handle immersion in water. The ride is designed so if you don't get wet on the big drop, your clothes will be completely saturated somewhere else! And in Shamu stadium, the entire lower half of the stadium is a splash zone. A friend who works on the show told me the big orca can splash the first two rows of the upper section!

It's very hard to enjoy yourself when your clothes are completely soaked, so take the warning for Journey to Atlantis seriously!

WDW 8/2008

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: