Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #1861
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

We are 7 hours away from heading out... We just packed the car up and have double checked our list of things to do before we head out in the middle of the night. Hope to be south of DC for breakfast tomorrow! See you all on Saturday!
agonzalez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #1862
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
This should be my last post. Flight tomorrow is at 7:35 am...need to leave the house at 4:45 am

I have to pick up Kayla from dance tonight at 8:30. Hope to be in bed by 9:00 to watch The Closer then lights out for me!!! In a perfect script, I should be asleep by 10:05, but I am sure I will up 5 or more times on the computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzalez88 View Post
We are 7 hours away from heading out... We just packed the car up and have double checked our list of things to do before we head out in the middle of the night. Hope to be south of DC for breakfast tomorrow! See you all on Saturday!
Safe travels! And I know, it's all about getting south of DC for breakfast! I have to admit, I kinda like the drive, and if our time wasn't limited I would much prefer it above flying. On our last trip south, for weeks leading up to the trip, Mark and my Dad were approaching the trip like a military sortee. They had maps spread all over the kitchen table, discussing the merits of 95 vs. 495 vs. 295. Jim finally asked "If we are going to Florida, why do we care about DC?" Because IT'S ALL ABOUT GETTING THRU DC! We ended up leaving at 4 AM, and we were thru DC (on 295) by 7/7:30. If you'll be looking for breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel at I believe the Potomac Mills exit that was pretty tasty!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #1863
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
My grandpa and our older dog died.
Even when it is expected, it is still hard. I am very sorry for your losses.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Old 08-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #1864
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
I will actually not be bringing that much on the ship with me, because I will be saving up to stock up in Florence, KY on the way home at Party Town.
I grew up in Ft. Mitchell, KY, right down the road (via Dixie Hwy) from Florence (Y'all). We moved when I was 12, so I can't say that I've ever been to Party Town.

Denise
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #1865
Aurora's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
"atmospheric conditions exist in the male closet that negatively impact the molecular structure of the individual fibers in the material used to make tuxedos, thus causing shrinkage".
Oooohhh, THAT'S what happened .

Denise
Old 08-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #1866
shelleyr25
Queen of the Adult Pool

OOHHHH.....getting so anxious about Hurricane Bill!!!!!

Turkey with Mickey 11/2014
Disney Dream 2/2014
Magical Summer 2012-8/25 out of NYC!!
Disney Dream- 4/2011
Disney Magic- 8/2009
WDW-Polynesian- 8/2007
Disney Wonder-DDC Cruise- 11/2006
WDW-Polynesian- 8/06 Epcot- off site- 12/96
WDW- off site- 8/88 Epcot- off site- 4/87

shelleyr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #1867
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last week was very hectic so I could not get done what I had planned. My grandpa and our older dog died.
I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's a little embarrassing to say, but since we lived on far sides of the country and it was expected, my grandparents' deaths didn't affect me as much as others. But I was totally crushed when the dog died. I can't imagine both happening in one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyr25 View Post
OOHHHH.....getting so anxious about Hurricane Bill!!!!!
Relax your anxiety. Bill is far offshore and forecast to head towards Bermuda instead of Florida or the Caribbean. You should be much more concerned about sunburn!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #1868
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's a little embarrassing to say, but since we lived on far sides of the country and it was expected, my grandparents' deaths didn't affect me as much as others. But I was totally crushed when the dog died. I can't imagine both happening in one week

Relax your anxiety. Bill is far offshore and forecast to head towards Bermuda instead of Florida or the Caribbean. You should be much more concerned about sunburn!
Hey Brian~
I've been thinking about your family, hoping you are having a great time and wondering how your daughter is doing, getting around in WDW.

Not too much longer and you'll be on your first Disney Cruise!! Nothing like the very first one. As prepared as you are, you are still going to be overwhelmed by the Magic (and the magic)!!

Terri

Jan 2010 RCCL Liberty of the Seas

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Aug 2009 Disney Magic Western
May 2009 RCCL Explorer of the Seas
Nov 2008 RCCL Liberty of the Seas Western
March 2008 RCCL Adventure of the Seas Southern
August 2007 Disney Land/Sea/Land Polynesian/Wonder/Beach Club
March 2007 RCCL Majesty of the Seas Bahamas
October 2004 Disney Magic Eastern
December 2000 WDW Contemporary
March 1997 WDW Polynesian
January 1992 RCCL Monarch of the Seas Southern
June1990 RCCL Song of America Western Honeymoon
julielouhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #1869
travisx4
Mouseketeer

luggage tags ??

Wondering if anyone got luggage tags with their state room on them in their packets , I can't remember if you only got them when you leave the ship, or if the baggage men gave us one when we got to the ship to fill out or we had them before hand,, Thank you. Weleave in the A.M and I'm stressing over the weight and size of the luggage then I woke in a minny panick that the tags have not arrived..AUGH !!
2-2009 Port Orleans, 8-2009 Portofino and Disney Magic, 8-2010 Disneyland and the Grand Californian, 2-2011 Disney Magic, 10-2011 F&W at The Dolphin, 6-2012 Podcast 3.0, 10-2012 Swan for F&W, 4-2013 Disney Fantasy, 8-2013 Disney Wonder in Alaska, 10-2013 F&W at the Dolphin, 8-2014 Eastern on the Fantasy
travisx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #1870
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Let's see - Today's Doings: Grand Cayman. Whole lotta nothing. May wander into town, and if we get really bored hire a cab to hit the beach.

Regarding Dixie Hwy, yes I know the one, it also goes past where Christi and I grew up, and we will be on it in Florida together soon.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #1871
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisx4 View Post
Wondering if anyone got luggage tags with their state room on them in their packets , I can't remember if you only got them when you leave the ship, or if the baggage men gave us one when we got to the ship to fill out or we had them before hand,, Thank you. Weleave in the A.M and I'm stressing over the weight and size of the luggage then I woke in a minny panick that the tags have not arrived..AUGH !!
We received luggage tags in our kit, but don't worry about it, the porters are great at helping you write them up!! Many, many people will fill them out at the port. Don't worry!

Terri

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #1872
julielouhoo
Mouseketeer

Oooh, I forgot, next Tuesday, in Grand Cayman, we will be off early and head to Boatswain Beach. We were there in November and the kids loved it so much, they can't wait to get back there. We are looking forward to enjoying the snorkeling and the pool this time. It was overcast, then drizzly the last time we were there, but the Turtles were amazing!!

If anyone is planning on doing the same and would like to share a bus, taxi, driver, etc, just let me know. We took the bus last time (taxis were hard to find unless you wanted an island tour, but they may be more readily available earlier in the morning). The bus was very inexpensive, but made a lot of stops. If we can fill one up, they'll need to go straight there!!

Nov 2009 Carnival Dream
Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #1873
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

We will be doing the Island Tour and Snorkling with the Stingrays in Grand Caymen. My kids have seen the videos online of the stingrays and are a little freaked out but I think they'll get over it once they get in there.

I have heard the Island tour isn't spectacular but thought we would give it a try. I'm sure the kids will like the Turtle Farm.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Sonnyeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #1874
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A few road trips ago, I made the mistake of buying the headphone/microphone combo. Never again. Both kids were training their Ninetend Dogs.
Ugh, those Nintendogs were incredibly annoying. We've had 6 hour car rides to Vermont and both kids were training their Nintendogs. Saying the same words over and over and over because the microphone can't pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisx4 View Post
Our DCL luggage tags came with our cruise documents. They were in the back of the packet and kind of hidden - check yours again, it should be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnyeclipse View Post
We will be doing the Island Tour and Snorkling with the Stingrays in Grand Caymen. My kids have seen the videos online of the stingrays and are a little freaked out but I think they'll get over it once they get in there.
We did this once when the kids were little. It is a bit scary at first since there are so many stingrays and they are very, very social with humans. But they are totally harmless and view them as gigantic puppies that want to play with people. Tell your kids to think of the school teacher in Finding Nemo - that is what the stingrays are like in real life.

Okay - today and tomorrow next week (did that make sense ) are the big days for us. Today we have our deep sea fishing trip. We'll be one of the first ones off the ship since its a 1/2 day trip.

We've been trying to go on a deep sea fishing trip for the past several years. We had two shots with DCL last summer when we did back-to-back Wonder cruises. We had signed up to do the fishing trip at Castaway Cay but the fishing boat broke down that day and the trip got cancelled. Then we got hit by tropical storm Fay the second time we headed back to Castaway Cay and the fishing trip got cancelled again

So hopefully the third time is a charm and we'll be able to fish. After that trip is finished I want to do some clothes shopping. We haven't been to Grand Cayman since 2004 and the t-shirts I bought back then are getting old and frayed.

Off to get my haircut today.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #1875
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Grand Cayman
We don't have anything planned. There are suppose to be 5 ships in port-18,000 people.

We may go to the beach. But, probably relax on the ship. We will have to take the kids onto the island for a while since they have never been there.

Plus, I need to get my Christmas ornament. I collect them from everywhere we travel. I have a special christmas tree just for travel ornaments.

Matt is now packed.
I should be packing my clothes, but thought I'd check the boards first.

*Wanted to add make sure you write in your scrapbooks( FE). It is nothing fancy, you could alos use them for autographs.There are pockets to store dinner tickets, etc. Erik wanted me to enclose a note with them,but they are packed and I am not reopening them
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: