Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #1561
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
I am excited too, I get the lecture that a person cannot live on 4 hours of sleep and enjoy the rest of the day much past one time in a week. So perhaps with the right peer pressure, we can see if this holds true or not.

peer pressure! as if!
we are up for evening activities too...although last time i had a little too much sun on Castaway Cay, and a little too much Vodka...and a happy bunny that did not make the next day...let me tell you!

so...all things in moderation eh!
I didnt know there was a 70's theme night....could possibly raid my wardrobe
i will be sorting out the FE list today...so watch this space. Currently cooking bolegese sauce for 16...to freeze for Camp..be back later
Dave is trying to wire up some electrics to our newly aquired minibus so we can tow all our kit on Thursday....is this really what ppl do with weekends off?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #1562
Maza
Mouseketeer

FE gifting...the story so far

Ok guys, here goes.
This is the definative list (I hope!)..PLEASE PM or post asap if I have missed you off the list...and you think you should be on it
I still have a few room numbers missing...but I have PM'ed the parties involved...and will update as soon as I know!
I am going to try and make the list as a excel document...so fingers crossed.

so,....Fluffy Bunny,Maza (+ DM Jane + DB Robert, who are participating) 3 staterooms
Ski-and-Sea,Wayneg,gonzalij1,ragtopday,sandyh67,jhryb(2 staterooms),MackieMouse,TheFatsMansWife,MrR(2 staterooms)kylelover1,sheller25,julielouhoo,travis x4,AngelaRN79,skelly wi,tamman,wdwmomof6 ( the mystery party!)

I make that 19 families, spread over atleast 23 cabins.
Specifics will be PM'ed
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #1563
wdwmomof6
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I'm Donna and I'm the mom of the mystery party of 8. We just returned from a week at Disney's Vero Beach Resort (which was awesome) and the kids now know about our cruise and are super excited. My group consists of me, John (DH), Lauren (DD-16), Lindsey (DD-14), Sara (dd-10), Mary Frances (DD-7), Caroline (DD-5), and Johnny (DS-4). The kids were disappointed to leave the beach but are now busy planning FE and FE gifts, door magnets... We leave 8/20 for a 12 hour drive to WDW where we will stay for 2 nights at OKW before the cruise. Can't wait to meet everyone there.
wdwmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #1564
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Welcome Aboard Shauna, Donna and Families

Donna, we are at OKW for 16 nights before the cruise so look out for us, (pic posted a few pages back)

Only 12 days to our flight
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #1565
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Ok guys, here goes.
This is the definative list (I hope!)..PLEASE PM or post asap if I have missed you off the list...and you think you should be on it
I still have a few room numbers missing...but I have PM'ed the parties involved...and will update as soon as I know!
I am going to try and make the list as a excel document...so fingers crossed.

so,....Fluffy Bunny,Maza (+ DM Jane + DB Robert, who are participating) 3 staterooms
Ski-and-Sea,Wayneg,gonzalij1,ragtopday,sandyh67,jhryb(2 staterooms),MackieMouse,TheFatsMansWife,MrR(2 staterooms)kylelover1,sheller25,julielouhoo,travis x4,AngelaRN79,skelly wi,tamman,wdwmomof6 ( the mystery party!)

I make that 19 families, spread over atleast 23 cabins.
Specifics will be PM'ed
Looks like you missed bellebud who is listed as FE on wayne's list. Thanks for coordinating BTW...
Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #1566
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Maza-
You missed Erik and I. (stsomewhere and bluemarlin).
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #1567
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalj1 View Post
Looks like you missed bellebud who is listed as FE on wayne's list. Thanks for coordinating BTW...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Maza-
I PM'ed Maria just after she posted her list about both
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #1568
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Maza-

sorry Christie...and Erik...OFCOURSE I know your 'onboard'..just trying ( unsucessfully) to multi-task! its ok though...the bolognese is ok!

gonzalj1- bellebud wont be joining us on this cruise!

is that it then...no-one else????

List tonight then!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #1569
Maza
Mouseketeer

grouphug:
right...I have pm'ed the FE list. If you havent received it...and you think you should have PLEASE let me know asap! I shall be away from my computer from this Wednesday until a week on thursday...so if i havent heard from you before Wed....then sorry, but times up!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #1570
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post

gonzalj1- bellebud wont be joining us on this cruise!
:
Wow. Miss a couple pages of the thread and you lose a whole group!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #1571
FINCANTIERI
You flustered the TF
I am no handbag
Dead Men Tell No Tales - unless of course they are examined by a forensic pathologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyk View Post
We will also be on this cruise. We booked last year while on the Panama Canal. DH decided last year when we booked that he would like a year off of cruising, so I am bringing MIL with me instead. I have a DD 14 and DS 8. We are going to be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise.

I am so looking forward to a relaxing vacation. Hopefully we will have wonderful weather.

DD14 is looking to communicate with other girls her age. If anyone has girls the same age, PM me and I will pass on the information. She is not planning to be in the teen club, just Ocean Quest as she met up with a friend last year on the PC and she is 13. I'd rather she be at least a year older before she does the stack.

Wendy
Tell your DD that Angelica and Nicki say hi and that they will see her on the cruise.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #1572
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Long time no post - life has been amazingly stressful getting ready for my 3-day personal hell called the TX Bar Exam. It starts Tuesday so - for better or worse - it will be over come Thursday around 4:30pm. (and yes, prayers are being accepted at this time)

From there it will be a whirlwind week of last minute preparations as I leave town on Aug 7th. So I seriously doubt there will be any door decorations on our cabin. (this schedule is also a big reason we are not participating in the FE exchange) I'll spend the weekend at my parents, and planning to arrive in Orlando on the 10th - DW will catch up w/ me on the evening of the 13th. I'll be at POP the 1st week, Universal's Royal Pacific the second week, then onto the cruise w/ you guys the third week

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that we were still around & look forward to meeting everyone in few weeks!!!!

-Bryan

PS - I know this survey was pages ago, but FYI - I plan to suit-up for formal night, but no tux.

PPS - Maria, Final grades came out & I passed everything so the graduation ceremony was not wasted on me.
I know you were gravely concerned
Old 07-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #1573
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post
PPS - Maria, Final grades came out & I passed everything so the graduation ceremony was not wasted on me.
I know you were gravely concerned
Well done Bryan I it still seems like a weird idea..but anyhow...) And good luck for Tuesday! I would pray for you..but I am agnostic...but maybe ..just incase ( nothing quite like sitting on the fence eh!)
Sounds like you really need your 3 week holiday!

See you onboard!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #1574
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post
Long time no post - life has been amazingly stressful getting ready for my 3-day personal hell called the TX Bar Exam. It starts Tuesday so - for better or worse - it will be over come Thursday around 4:30pm. (and yes, prayers are being accepted at this time)
Good luck, Bryan!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #1575
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Good to see you around, Bryan! Best of luck on the bar exam...see you soon!
Mackie Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: