Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #1531
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Wayne-
Thanks for all your work on the website and updates.

Maza- Thanks for youe FE planning.

christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #1532
MrR
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for all the kind wishes. Vicki will be fine in a couple of days - she's says it's just like a mild flu, or a bad cold. It's her birthday tomorrow, though - and suffice to say, this isn't the present she'd hoped for! Still, we'd all rather it happened now, than in a month's time - it certainly hasn't done much to dampen our excitement!
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #1533
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyk View Post
We will also be on this cruise. We booked last year while on the Panama Canal. DH decided last year when we booked that he would like a year off of cruising, so I am bringing MIL with me instead. I have a DD 14 and DS 8. We are going to be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise.

I am so looking forward to a relaxing vacation. Hopefully we will have wonderful weather.

DD14 is looking to communicate with other girls her age. If anyone has girls the same age, PM me and I will pass on the information. She is not planning to be in the teen club, just Ocean Quest as she met up with a friend last year on the PC and she is 13. I'd rather she be at least a year older before she does the stack.

Wendy
Welcome aboard Wendy and family. Added you to website list of Disboarders who will be onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Wayne-
Thanks for all your work on the website and updates.
Maza- Thanks for youe FE planning.
christi
No problem Christi, its very easy to update and it helps me if no-one else, I would never remember all these names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrR View Post
Thanks everyone for all the kind wishes. Vicki will be fine in a couple of days - she's says it's just like a mild flu, or a bad cold. It's her birthday tomorrow, though - and suffice to say, this isn't the present she'd hoped for! Still, we'd all rather it happened now, than in a month's time - it certainly hasn't done much to dampen our excitement!
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Vicki!!
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #1534
Maza
Mouseketeer

H1N1...formally known as flu of 1000 swine...
MrR-so sorry your wife has got the dreaded lurgy, one of my collegues wife has it, Steve is determined he will not get it..but I am avoiding him this next few days just incase! We are seeing more and more patients with it, but or the majority it just sucks for 5-7 days, just like normal flu ( only outside of usual flu season), difficult to know wheter it is best to get infected now, or try and avoid it! My collegue favours the red cross on the door and the bell to ring if his missus goes anywhere!
Has your wife been given Tamiflu? Sometimes patients react worse to it than the actual virus! On the bright side, she will be ok when 'proper' flu season hits in Oct! We are busy contigency planning what we will do if/when the NHS is incapacitated ...happy day!
We are camping on a scout jamboree ( over 2000 campers)...they have sent us all risk assessment documents, just incase the camp becomes infected! I just hope it doesnt come to that, but atleast they didnt cancel it which I was afraid of!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #1535
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieGraciemom View Post
hello everyone, late subscribing. we will be on your ship cant wait. we are from new jersey and driving down. we have two children a boy and girl age eight for the boy and seven for the girl. w e are trying to get my duaghter in the older club because she wants to be with her brother and look out girls , my son is girl crazy. cant wait to say hello to everyone and looking forward to it. hope everyone is safe in the next month and crusie here we come.
Welcome,

We have a DD, Rebecca who will be 8 in December so if you daughter stays in the younger group she will have someone there... We are also driving down from NJ... we are leaving very early on the 18th and spending a few days in the Orlando area... Can't wait to meet you guys...

Anita
agonzalez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #1536
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora's Mommy View Post

We heard from the TA, and now we are in 2108. It seems to be the universally accepted knowledge that this is a quiet cabin in a good location. Once again, just happy to be on the ship!

:
Howdy Neighbor,

We are in 2120!

Anita
Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #1537
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
As Promised... BlueMarlin and St. Somewhere on formal night.

Tammi,
Marina can't wait for Erik to get off of work. He is working from home today and is on the comupter with the pics.

This was taken Jan. 2008. We were on a cruise.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #1538
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzalez88 View Post
Howdy Neighbor,

We are in 2120!

Anita

Paige is a December baby as well. Day after Christmas in fact. Her gift to me was only 2 hours of labor .

BlueMarlin and stsomewhere, lovely family!

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #1539
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Rebecca is December 8th, but Paige holds the distinct honor of having the same birthday as our beloved dog - Gracie - she will be 10 this year...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #1540
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Got our cabin number!!!!

Hi all. Things have been crazy for us too. We just got back from a week vacation at the Poconos, which we take every year with my husbands family. He is one of 8 and they have rented the same 4 cabins for 30 some odd years. It's like a huge family reunion every year. We are cabin 6109. I recently lost my job so we will probably not upgrade unless they offer it for free. I have started planning and packing. I still have to make the FE's but seems I have plenty of free time to do so. Wayne, I have only caught up on the last couple of pages. We need to print out the magnets for thread #697 and laminate them and put them on our door? I'll be able to sign on and check more frequently in between putting out resumes. Christi am psyched we'll be on the same floor, Kyle and Matt can run around and do whatever! Also dinner at the Raddison on Friday? We are going to Sea World but would love to meet you guys before. We are staying accross from Sea World.
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #1541
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Count me in as someone who cries whenever I see a Disney ship. I'm just an emotional sap and its getting worse as I get older. I recently saw Wicked on Broadway and was just in tears at the ending.

We have late seating and prefer it. So hopefully there will be plenty of you DISers in our dining rotation.

How many of you are dressing up for pirate night? We do.

Anyone interested in attending some of the late night adult-only club activities? Not that I can make it much past midnight but do enjoy the DCL post 10pm activities.

Kylelover1....so sorry to hear you lost your job. Hopefully you can bring home some Disney magic to help find a new job.

I bet our ship gets full by the time we sail.

We are heading off to the Jersey shore on Saturday for a week at the beach.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #1542
trimix
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear you lost your job, Marianne. I am losing mine at the end of August, so I know how you feel.

KC - Count me in for the late night club activities. I doubt we'll be spending the money of pirate costumes. How was Wicked? I have wanted to see it for years! My wife and I are so mismatched - normally the wife drags the husband off to the theatre; in this family I drag my wife to the theater. Have fun at the beach!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #1543
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
How many of you are dressing up for pirate night? We do.

Anyone interested in attending some of the late night adult-only club activities? Not that I can make it much past midnight but do enjoy the DCL post 10pm activities.
Is this a dressing up question like my formal night question? I think it is fun to dress up for pirate night, although I will not likely get a sawbones to make me a peg-leg just for it. Argh, mebbe I'll be lucky and come upon a lace front shirt in me booty. Otherwise, it will be resort casual for me.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #1544
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Now the adult club action, that is something I can get into. We had a ton of fun at the 70's party and at Disney Quest. Speaking of which, is anyone bringing 70's gear for the dance party? Do they have that on the 7-day?

Is it wrong of me to bring back my "Winner" hat from the last cruise? I realized after winning it, there is really NOWHERE you can wear that hat. In fact, not even on the ship since the entire crew would say congratulations every time any of them saw me. It is now in my Scout kit for hazardous duty. The hat comes with a good story, but one that will not be told except in exchange for your experience in Disney Quest, and it must be over beverages.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:34 PM   #1545
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Any wagers on how many cases of fainting the ship's doctor will have to treat after the first viewing of "Tarzan"?

One more question, and please don't label me a hater, because I think that Disney shows and movies are great entertainment... is every stage show going to be a Disney Musical? Is there a snowball's chance in hades they might bring in perhaps Penn and Teller or maybe The Rolling Stones to give the cast a night off, all that dancing is hard work?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: