Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #1516
RichieGraciemom
DIS Veteran

does anyone know if it is a full boat? also is it true you can put beer in a rolling soft cooler and bring it on with you or maybe check it in to be sent to your room. please advise, thank you
JOined dvc in 2005 . SSR owners and Now New owners at AKV. have been home so many times since buying our friends want to give us a map of the world to show us that there are other places that exist besides Disney, I tell them no way!!!!!Going to Ssr in Febraury and 10 year anniversary cruise Aug 09 followed by a week at animal kingdom villas.
RichieGraciemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 AM   #1517
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

The family tree

Added

Hi, Are you parents of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl? I am getting confused. The profile fits with 2 boys age 3 & 1 but I feel I have missed something

Yes I am the mommy of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl! I'm amazed you pieced this together! First cruise for our 3 & 1 yr. old grandsons. We have been on 15+ cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise.
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #1518
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieGraciemom View Post
does anyone know if it is a full boat? also is it true you can put beer in a rolling soft cooler and bring it on with you or maybe check it in to be sent to your room. please advise, thank you
Welcome aboard!!!
No not a full boat, I check every Monday but just looked again, the cruise before us only have Cat 4 available but for ours every Cat from 4 thru 12 (except 10 & 11) are still available.
Alcohol policy
Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpurdy View Post
Yes I am the mommy of aidtrismommy & dancingdisneygirl! I'm amazed you pieced this together! First cruise for our 3 & 1 yr. old grandsons. We have been on 15+ cruises, but this is our first Disney cruise.
I am sure you will have an amazing time with Grandchildren on a Disney cruise.
When you posted I just felt I already knew something about you
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #1519
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

are you on this cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Welcome aboard!!!
No not a full boat, I check every Monday but just looked again, the cruise before us only have Cat 4 available but for ours every Cat from 4 thru 12 (except 10 & 11) are still available.
Alcohol policy
Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $15.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line® reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage.

I am sure you will have an amazing time with Grandchildren on a Disney cruise.
When you posted I just felt I already knew something about you

Are you on this cruise? If the ship is not full, and cabins have been assigned (ours was early this week), does this mean there will be a chance for upgrades at the port or....will DCL call folks to upgrade? Just curious if there are as many cabins open as it appears.
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #1520
tamman
Mouseketeer

RichieGracieMom,

Two years ago on the Wonder they would not let us move our daughter move up to the next age group. My son had to move down...which he didn't want to do. So needless to say my daughter stuck with us for most of the trip. I am not sure if this applies to the Magic as well, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Tammi
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 AM   #1521
RichieGraciemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
RichieGracieMom,

Two years ago on the Wonder they would not let us move our daughter move up to the next age group. My son had to move down...which he didn't want to do. So needless to say my daughter stuck with us for most of the trip. I am not sure if this applies to the Magic as well, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Tammi
thank you, she is almost eight, will be in january, so when i spoke to the cruise line theysaid it should not be a problem since we are traveling with another group and all of their kids are in that club. who knows but that stated that they do not want this to ruin our cruise. have to wait and see and whoknow she may like going in the little one.
JOined dvc in 2005 . SSR owners and Now New owners at AKV. have been home so many times since buying our friends want to give us a map of the world to show us that there are other places that exist besides Disney, I tell them no way!!!!!Going to Ssr in Febraury and 10 year anniversary cruise Aug 09 followed by a week at animal kingdom villas.
RichieGraciemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #1522
MrR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
MrR- our DD13 was seriously disappointed she wont be with her sister in the teens club...although her sister feels a little differently! One reason we left it two years between cruises was so Lu could 'experience' the Stack, but its not to be.....the other reason being the cost ofcourse
Our DD13 is a little shy too..but she did ok on our last cruise...so i am hopeful she will make friends and have a good time!
It's reassuring to know that my 13 year-old DD isn't going to be the only one on her own. She's very nervous about going it alone, but she has always seemed to make friends easily, so fingers crossed... I'm hopeful that the Disney staff know how to break the ice for everyone.

In other news... my DW has come down with swine flu, which sucks rather. We leave for Florida on the 11th August, so suffice to say the rest of us are getting a little nervous - we're caught between trying to avoid her, or trying to get infected so that we get it out of the way before we travel! Either way... it has cast a slight cloud over preparations.
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #1523
tamman
Mouseketeer

Then it should work out well you!! Especially if you are with a group and she would have been left out of the group. In my case, they probably had a crystal ball and new it would be better if they stayed separated.
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #1524
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrR View Post
In other news... my DW has come down with swine flu, which sucks rather. We leave for Florida on the 11th August, so suffice to say the rest of us are getting a little nervous - we're caught between trying to avoid her, or trying to get infected so that we get it out of the way before we travel! Either way... it has cast a slight cloud over preparations.

Oh no! That does suck rather. I hope your wife gets well soon, and if the family gets it too, that it is short lived. The good thing (if there can be a good thing to this) is that if you do start coming down with the symptoms you'll know what it is, and you can go to the doctor quickly, as I understand that the flu medications are more effective the quicker you get them.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #1525
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi Paul, hope Vicki recovers soon, not good while you are trying to plan but better now than nearer you go. Feels like everyone knows someone with it now.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #1526
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Follow the Bouncing Cabins

We heard from the TA, and now we are in 2108. It seems to be the universally accepted knowledge that this is a quiet cabin in a good location. Once again, just happy to be on the ship!

to RichieGraciemom.

And, I should note that it is only

days until boarding!

See you all soon

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #1527
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DD is in exactly same boat - she was hoping to be able to hang out with her older sister, and when I broke the news that she was going to have to go to Oceans Quest on her own, she was less than happy.

If you'd like, I'm happy to give you my DD's Facebook or email, which you could pass to your daughter. It might just help them over that initial trepidation if they know there's someone familiar is going to be there.
I'll send you a pm with Kristine's email address. She doesn't have Facebook, yet.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #1528
wendyk
Disney Lover

We will also be on this cruise. We booked last year while on the Panama Canal. DH decided last year when we booked that he would like a year off of cruising, so I am bringing MIL with me instead. I have a DD 14 and DS 8. We are going to be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise.

I am so looking forward to a relaxing vacation. Hopefully we will have wonderful weather.

DD14 is looking to communicate with other girls her age. If anyone has girls the same age, PM me and I will pass on the information. She is not planning to be in the teen club, just Ocean Quest as she met up with a friend last year on the PC and she is 13. I'd rather she be at least a year older before she does the stack.

Wendy
wendyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #1529
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no!!!! If there is any silver lining its that she got it now and not right before you leave. Hopefully it will run its course by then. I hope the rest of the family can avoid it.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #1530
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Just updated website, hopefully not missed any additions or changes, let me know if I have

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: