Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #76
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

I am Back

Hello Everyone

I started this Board and then after a few months we started thinking that we might not be able to go ......... but the good news is that we are back on for the November 7th Cruise.

More details to follow...........I have to go back to read the notes but I am so excited.

Talk to everyone soon

Jessalynn
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #77
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse71 View Post
Hi, just found this thread. We will be on this cruise also. It will be my DH, my daughter, DGD who will turn 12 the day after we get off the cruise, my DGS who will turn 11 two months later, and myself. We booked this cruise the day it came out, while on the Western Dec. 1-8 cruise. My daughter was able to get SPR 5520 and I was able to get SNV 7120.
My Dh and I are going to Hawaii the end of Feb. We just got our flights last night. We will be staying in our time share on the Big Island, and can't wait to go!! Any advice on what to do or not to miss would be greatly appreciated. I have always wanted to go to HI and can't believe I am finally going. Anyway, glad that I found this thread, maybe we could plan a meet while on this cruise.
Vickie
Hey there - your grandson will be the same age as my son - the big TEN! Hopefully as we get closer to the date, they will be able to communicate. My Son's name is Spencer!
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #78
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
Hello Everyone! I just put a deposit down on this cruise today. We will be first going this Nov 1st on the Disney Magic for a 7 night Western cruise and it will be so nice when we leave that we will be returning the following year. It will be me Jeanette, my husband Brian, my son Logan (will be 9 when we cruise) and my daughter Kelsey (will be 6 when we cruise). Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
PERFECT FIT for my kids

My son Spencer will be 10 like Logan and my daughter Avery will be 6 like Kelsey.

We cruised in 2007 and the kids really liked the fact that they knew the names of some kids before they even got on the ship.

I have to see if I can remember how to post pictures, I used to do it all the time - does anyone remember?
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #79
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanand3 View Post
Hi everyone! I just booked for Nov.2009 Eastern to St Croix
It seems so far away but hoping to get to "know"some people before then! I am sailing w/my DH and 3 kids who will be 6ds 6dd and 11dd.The kids do not know yet as we are going to wdw in may09 for 8 nights so I will wait until after that trip to tell them,but honestly I am more excited about the cruise than WDW!!!
WOW - 6 year old twins -so cool! I had wanted twins but wasnt lucky enough.

Hopefully our kids can get connected.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #80
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
PERFECT FIT for my kids

My son Spencer will be 10 like Logan and my daughter Avery will be 6 like Kelsey.

We cruised in 2007 and the kids really liked the fact that they knew the names of some kids before they even got on the ship.

I have to see if I can remember how to post pictures, I used to do it all the time - does anyone remember?
Getting caught up - I see now that this family has cancelled - thats too bad!!

More families to come soon!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by AverysMommy; 10-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #81
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

I see that they are announcing the 2010 cruises on Monday October 6th - I wonder if any will look good enough that it will make me switch cruises?

Or can I afford to cruise 2 years in a row?
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #82
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Some wonderful trips in 2010 to Europe but I think I will still stay with this Eastern Cruise.....too much money for me.

Plus if I am going to go to Europe - i want to really visit it - not just stop for a few hours at each country
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #83
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh
 
Silly Little Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 2,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
Hello Everyone

I started this Board and then after a few months we started thinking that we might not be able to go ......... but the good news is that we are back on for the November 7th Cruise.

More details to follow...........I have to go back to read the notes but I am so excited.

Talk to everyone soon

Jessalynn
I was wondering where you went! Glad to see you're back!

It's 13 months from tomorrow!!!

Christine
__________________
Previous Trips to my Happy Places :
Disneyland yearly since 1978, APer 18 years and counting!
WDW 74, 77, 82, 83, 87, 89, 98, 03, yearly since '08
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12



Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #84
lanand3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
WOW - 6 year old twins -so cool! I had wanted twins but wasnt lucky enough.

Hopefully our kids can get connected.
I would love for my kids to connect w/others before the trip
I tell ya,the waiting is killing me!!!
__________________
mom to 3
POR May 2008(instant Disney addict ) OKW May 2009 SSR May 2010 Next trip April 2012 can't wait!!
lanand3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #85
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
I was wondering where you went! Glad to see you're back!

It's 13 months from tomorrow!!!

Christine
Hey Christine - I love your quote from the Princess Bride, that was always one of my favourite movies and now my kids like it....

13 months wow - we will have to have a little party at the 1 year mark.

Did you take a look at the 2010 crusie line up that came out yesterday? looked really good but just too pricey for us. and I am not sure you really get to see much on the cruise stops. Its just enough to really do something and then go to the beach.

When we were at Cayman Islands last year, we did the Pirate Ship and then went to the beach - it was great but I cant say I really got to see the island.

I cant remember - have you cruised before?
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #86
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanand3 View Post
I would love for my kids to connect w/others before the trip
I tell ya,the waiting is killing me!!!
do your 6 year old use the computer much?

Avery (my 6 year old) is into the WebKinz and playing on my Black Berry but thats it - not a realy computer person yet.

Spencer (my 9 year old) loves the computer and would be on it all the time if we let him. I am sure Spencer and Avery could work together to send notes to your 2.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #87
lanand3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
do your 6 year old use the computer much?

Avery (my 6 year old) is into the WebKinz and playing on my Black Berry but thats it - not a realy computer person yet.

Spencer (my 9 year old) loves the computer and would be on it all the time if we let him. I am sure Spencer and Avery could work together to send notes to your 2.
My soon to be 6yo's(Ethan and Macy) play webkinz,etc but my 10yo(Haley) loves the computer.
__________________
mom to 3
POR May 2008(instant Disney addict ) OKW May 2009 SSR May 2010 Next trip April 2012 can't wait!!
lanand3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #88
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh
 
Silly Little Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 2,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
Hey Christine - I love your quote from the Princess Bride, that was always one of my favourite movies and now my kids like it....

13 months wow - we will have to have a little party at the 1 year mark.

Did you take a look at the 2010 crusie line up that came out yesterday? looked really good but just too pricey for us. and I am not sure you really get to see much on the cruise stops. Its just enough to really do something and then go to the beach.

When we were at Cayman Islands last year, we did the Pirate Ship and then went to the beach - it was great but I cant say I really got to see the island.

I cant remember - have you cruised before?
Oooh, I looked at the itineraries and prices for 2010- nope, can't afford it, no way no how. I would love to give the kids a "taste" of Europe that way, but it's just not in the cards for us. Teacher salary, what can I say? A trip to London and then to Paris for DLP would cost less...

I LOVE the Princess Bride!! I got DD 11 hooked too. Right after I put that in, I got my tag!

Hey, my DS is now 8 and will be 9 at cruise time and in 4th grade. He'd love to "meet" some other boys before the trip! My kids won't know till after Christmas, though. Hee hee!

DH and I cruised on Princess last year. NEXT MONTH we are on the Wonder, the first cruise for the kiddos. They are more excited about the cruise than even 7 days at WDW I think!! DS is literally counting down the days till Castaway Cay.

Christine
__________________
Previous Trips to my Happy Places :
Disneyland yearly since 1978, APer 18 years and counting!
WDW 74, 77, 82, 83, 87, 89, 98, 03, yearly since '08
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12



Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #89
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanand3 View Post
My soon to be 6yo's(Ethan and Macy) play webkinz,etc but my 10yo(Haley) loves the computer.
Ethan, Macy and Haley - what great names...

What grades are they in?

Avery is in Grade 1 this year and Spencer is in Grade 4. They both love school and do well. They went to a Montessori school when they were 3, 4 and 5 years old. This gave them some advantage once they started goign to school full time.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #90
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran
 
AverysMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Oooh, I looked at the itineraries and prices for 2010- nope, can't afford it, no way no how. I would love to give the kids a "taste" of Europe that way, but it's just not in the cards for us. Teacher salary, what can I say? A trip to London and then to Paris for DLP would cost less...

I LOVE the Princess Bride!! I got DD 11 hooked too. Right after I put that in, I got my tag!

Hey, my DS is now 8 and will be 9 at cruise time and in 4th grade. He'd love to "meet" some other boys before the trip! My kids won't know till after Christmas, though. Hee hee!

DH and I cruised on Princess last year. NEXT MONTH we are on the Wonder, the first cruise for the kiddos. They are more excited about the cruise than even 7 days at WDW I think!! DS is literally counting down the days till Castaway Cay.

Christine
Your first time on a Disney Cruise! cool....what an exciting time.

Let me know if you have any questions - we arent experts but we were on the Magic for the Western Cruise in October 2007 (so not too long ago). Castaway Cay was great - wonderful to just relax on the beach.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.