Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #751
TiggerzFan
Cruising is what Tiggers do BEST!

Location: Central Florida - just a short ride to the Port and the Parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Both ends of the leash would benefit I think. .
Love that. Bailey (my yellow lab) and I resemble that statement!
MAGIC: 5-7-05, 11-11-06, 11-07-09
DREAM: 8-21-14 Family Wedding Cruise!
TiggerzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #752
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie from London View Post
Okay then ladies, tomorrow is day zero for those of us trying to shed a few pounds before "Ahoy St. Croix!".
I am off to hit the treadmill now! Have a great night all.

We can do it. I hope to lose 10 - 15 more which would put me down a total of 40 - 45 pounds this year. It got easier for me once I figured out I was addicted to carbs! Well, easier physically but not mentally. Mentally, I still struggle mightily.

Summer sand and beach toys are on sale now. Does Disney allow private floaties on Castaway Cay? Our party has two little girls ages 3 and 4. I saw a package of ring, float and something else marked down to 5$ and wonder if I should get it. I already have pails, shovels, castle parts sand molds. . .

Also, in your experience, will 'littles' wear goggles? What are some other good kid gifts for wee ones?
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 AM   #753
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerzFan View Post
Too bad we are so far apart - Bailey and Walter could have an exercise date.

POURING the rain here this morning, just pouring. I have an appointment with the mechanic this morning and then an appointment at the salon, was going to walk (and still will) but will be a drowned rat by the time I get there if this keeps up.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #754
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
We can do it. I hope to lose 10 - 15 more which would put me down a total of 40 - 45 pounds this year. It got easier for me once I figured out I was addicted to carbs! Well, easier physically but not mentally. Mentally, I still struggle mightily.

Summer sand and beach toys are on sale now. Does Disney allow private floaties on Castaway Cay? Our party has two little girls ages 3 and 4. I saw a package of ring, float and something else marked down to 5$ and wonder if I should get it. I already have pails, shovels, castle parts sand molds. . .

Also, in your experience, will 'littles' wear goggles? What are some other good kid gifts for wee ones?
I have seen rings that don't belong to Disney and I also think that I have ssen the mats but it has also been a long time since I visited the family beach as DH and I typically head to SB. And goggles - I think I would begin with those at home now in the bath tub and see how it goes. It might be easier to get swimmers goggles rather than the snorkeling type - I am sure there was a much more technical way to say that but I hope you know what I mean.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #755
COWGIRL1
Earning My Ears

questions

Hi everyone, I wave a few questions:

1. I live on the west coast. When the time frame opens up to book excursions, will it open up at midnight on east caost time (meaning 9 pm on west coast) or doeas it open up at the midnight depending on where you live?

2. My son has been driving me crazy wanting to know if there are any boys his age. I told him I would ask. He is 9.

Hope you all have a good day!

A weight word of advice: I weigh 22-27, depending on the day and how much Pepsi I have drank lately. That might sound thin, but I am only 4'10, so it actually makes me a little chunky. I tell people not to worry themselves about losing weight before a trip, cuz there is always someone else who will weigh more than you and some anorexic, skinny snot who is thinner than you. Just be happy with yourself. And to those of you who can lose the weight and keep it off, good for you: let me know your secret. And if anyone figures out how to be able to drink regular Pepsi and eat cheesburgers and stay skinny, please let me know!!
COWGIRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #756
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

No choice here, Cowgirl - I didn't go on a diet to lose weight - I went on the diet to control my blood sugar

Gail, great idea - they ARE swimmers goggles - but unfortunately, the kids live with their parents 1000 miles away, so I can't try them out, lol.

Glorious day here, but supposed to rain tomorrow. This is the best stretch of weather we've had all summer.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #757
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Linda - if the weather travels from me to you - you will get rain tomorrow or maybe even tonight. It was raining before I ever got up this morning. Tomorrow is my shopping trip for the shower that is next weekend. Not that going to Traverse City is that big a deal - but I will be off around noon to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and maybe the mall. I should also hit Michaels for some FE ideas.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #758
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWGIRL1 View Post
Hi everyone, I wave a few questions:

1. I live on the west coast. When the time frame opens up to book excursions, will it open up at midnight on east caost time (meaning 9 pm on west coast) or doeas it open up at the midnight depending on where you live?

2. My son has been driving me crazy wanting to know if there are any boys his age. I told him I would ask. He is 9.

Hope you all have a good day!

A weight word of advice: I weigh 22-27, depending on the day and how much Pepsi I have drank lately. That might sound thin, but I am only 4'10, so it actually makes me a little chunky. I tell people not to worry themselves about losing weight before a trip, cuz there is always someone else who will weigh more than you and some anorexic, skinny snot who is thinner than you. Just be happy with yourself. And to those of you who can lose the weight and keep it off, good for you: let me know your secret. And if anyone figures out how to be able to drink regular Pepsi and eat cheesburgers and stay skinny, please let me know!!
I don't know about booking. I would guess a that means 9 pm though. I got to book at 105 days so I didn't have to rush. A few excursions were already full!

Yes! My DS is also 9. He would be thrilled to meet another boy his age!! We'll have to exchange info so all our kiddos can meet up at the DisMeet.

And yea for shorties!! I am only 4'11" I am currently at my chubbiest- but am focused on being down to about 120-125 ish by cruise. I CAN DO IT! I am also a curvy mama. I worried about how I would look on our last cruise- but there were so many people of all shapes and sizes, I totally felt okay with myself. I have lost the weight before- but slooooowly it has crept back on. Fall is the time I put on weight usually, because between my 2 kids we have either karate/soccer 4 nights a week and usually don't even make it home after school between all these activities- dinner on the run. McDonald's, anyone? My DH travels a lot, he does try to have healthy meals ready for us at home when he is here though. So I have to do better this fall.

Christine
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #759
Silly Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie from London View Post
Okay then ladies, tomorrow is day zero for those of us trying to shed a few pounds before "Ahoy St. Croix!".
I am off to hit the treadmill now! Have a great night all.
Today is my anniversary- so far so good (okay, I had a biscuit at breakfast- can't say no to DH cooking me breakfast!). We're going to a nice steakhouse tonight, so I will stay away from carbs. I am down 5 pounds already in the last 2 weeks. This is the pace I want to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerzFan View Post
HAHA!! I have TWO yellow labs- Dixie and Dundee. Dixie is a year and Dundee is 8 months. Twin terrors, I call them. They would love evening walks. But it's been so HOT! Ugh.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #760
Silly Little Pixie

Excursions!

Wow, I went from booking nothing at all on our Wonder cruise last year, to having something every day this time!!

Day 1- well, okay, I booked nothing.

Day 2- Palo dinner

Day 3- couple spa time!

Day 4 - St. Croix- Half Day Sail and Snorkel. Hopefully we'll do the Cruzan Rum tour on our own in the afternoon, or have some exploring Fredricksted time. We're doing the morning tour so we have time to get ready for Pirate Night.

Day 5- St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel- I am sooooo excited for this! I really wanted to go to St. John. Yeah!!!!!

Day 6 - Palo brunch

Day 7- our Castaway Cay vow renewal!!!!

I am so relieved I have everything booked!! Now, I have to get going planning the ceremony: cake, music, etc.

Christine

Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #761
COWGIRL1
Earning My Ears

Sorry, i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes regarding the diet thing. I realize that everyone is doing it for a different reason. I just have too many friends that get so caught up in the image thing. I think that as long as someone is healthy and happy, it doesn't matter what they look like. I myself have even gone throught the plastic surgery route, and even with a nip and tuck there, it didn't make me happy. I found other parts of my bodt I didn't like. But with that said...

Christine, I get so happy to hear that there are other short people in the world like me. I will try and figure out how to email you so our boys can chat before the cruise. I see you live in California too. My cousin, whom is more like my sister, lives in Burbank. I love visiting her. She said it gives her a reason to go to all the tourist stuff. I always tell her to take me where I can see famous people. She always laughs and tells me to take her where she can see Amber Fry (Amber lives in my area and our kids went to day care together). So I will try and get ahold of you.

Kim
COWGIRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #762
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Excursions booked - Buck Island Catamaran Sail and Snorkel in St. Thomas and the West End Highlights Tour in St. Croix. I also managed to snag a brunch ressie at Palo on Sunday at 11:00. Yippee - now I am off to bed for the rest of the night I hope.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #763
Laurie from London
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!
So I went to weight watchers yestserday and was down .2 of a pound, which is okay since I had a terrible eating week. This week will be better for sure. I just have a little bit to lose to fit into some of my favourite outfits, so that will be great motivation.

I am planning to bring a few buckets and shovels, also flattened floating rings. I figure even if they end up not being allowed, they don't take up much space or weight and the buckets can be stuffed full with other stuff in the suitcase so they won't take up much room either. I can only imagine how much Disney wants for a sandpail on CC!! LOL.

We can book our stuff on Aug 24, looking forward to getting that done. MY IL's are all being lame about planning and booking... will be their loss when they don't get to do anything good.

W

WDW Honeymoon June 1997
WDW January 2008
DCL Magic November 2009
Laurie from London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #764
Laurie from London
Mouseketeer

Stupid laptop, it's too easy to hit the wrong button. Sorry about that.
We are having a nice hot and humid day today, we are off to the beach. Have a great day all. Eat lots of fruit!

WDW Honeymoon June 1997
WDW January 2008
DCL Magic November 2009
Laurie from London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #765
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone,

Wow I step away for a day and so much chat is going on. We went to galveston yesterday and went to the water park. We had a lot of fun. But we are sure tired today.

I am off to get healthy food to eat this week and to also get stuff to pack my lunch so I dont get caught up in the hopsital cafe or running to mcdonalds across the street. We all know how that can be.

Cowgirl my son is nine and will turn 10 on the ship. SO your little one has one more to pal around with.

We are not able to book excursions till aug 24th. So whatever is left we will take it. I am also confused as to what time I can start booking. Help me out girls bc you know I will get all OCD about it. I am on central time. So if it opens up at midnight what time do I log on? You guys know I need all the help I can get with this one as It is our first cruise.

Anyway hope everyone is doing ok. DBF went with his friends to the baseball game today and I am just going to try and get things done around the house. Have a good day.

Oh I forgot to add I am only 5ft too girls. Well I tell everyone I'm 5ft but I'm really 4 '11. And I am chunky and working on it. But I'm ok with it. Being a single mom on the go all the time and working in an operating room doesnt always allow for me to eat well or even eat at all some days.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: