Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #46
grumpymakesmehappy
DIS Veteran

We will be flying in at 10:30 on Sunday and will be leaving on Wednesday. So I'm hoping it won't be too busy.
grumpymakesmehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #47
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone! I just put a deposit down on this cruise today. We will be first going this Nov 1st on the Disney Magic for a 7 night Western cruise and it will be so nice when we leave that we will be returning the following year. It will be me Jeanette, my husband Brian, my son Logan (will be 9 when we cruise) and my daughter Kelsey (will be 6 when we cruise). Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
jblb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #48
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
Hello Everyone! I just put a deposit down on this cruise today. We will be first going this Nov 1st on the Disney Magic for a 7 night Western cruise and it will be so nice when we leave that we will be returning the following year. It will be me Jeanette, my husband Brian, my son Logan (will be 9 when we cruise) and my daughter Kelsey (will be 6 when we cruise). Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
Welcome Jeanette!!!

My son will be 9 when we cruise as well. We have a 4 night on the Wonder this November too. It will be nice, once we complete that one we can start our 12 month countdown for this one too! How exciting. Where are you from?

Christine
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #49
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Welcome Jeanette!!!

My son will be 9 when we cruise as well. We have a 4 night on the Wonder this November too. It will be nice, once we complete that one we can start our 12 month countdown for this one too! How exciting. Where are you from?

Christine
Hello! I am from New Jersey. We are 5 minutes from Long Beach Island and about 40 minutes from Atlantic City!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #50
TiggerzFan
Cruising is what Tiggers do BEST!

Location: Central Florida - just a short ride to the Port and the Parks!

Hello from Central Florida. Just got off The Wonder last week - our first 3-nighter - with a group of 12 family members. Much, much too short and rebooked onboard for this MAGICal cruise. Not 100% sure this date will stick but gotta start somewhere... plus we were lucky enough to snag a SPH stateroom. Definitely planning on sneaking in a FL resident rate cruise before this one....18 months in between cruises is too long for my sanity!
MAGIC: 5-7-05, 11-11-06, 11-07-09
DREAM: 8-21-14 Family Wedding Cruise!
TiggerzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #51
Silly Little Pixie

Welcome Donna!! Glad you had a great time on the Wonder. From your signature I see you have many DCL cruises under your belt!

I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to this Eastern. We haven't even gone on the Wonder yet- but already can't wait for a 7 day!

Do you get to WDW a lot? I see you are AP'ers. We have APs here in California. I'm hoping that DCL moves one of the ships out here permanently one day. The airfare costs are killing us!

Christine

Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #52
itutorfortravel
I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpymakesmehappy View Post
Hi Jessalynn, I've been searching for a thread on our cruise, and I'm glad I finally found it! It will only be DH and I for this cruise since we don't have any kids yet and no other family's planning on traveling with us for this one. I have to admit I picked this cruise because I liked the idea of getting relaxed for the holidays and Kenny Chesney sings about the Virgin Islands and ST. Croix!! This will be our first 7 night cruise so we're definately looking forward to a longer Disney cruise. WDW is one of our favorite vacation destinations and we went on our first Disney cruise last January. We fell in love with DCL and decided that we had to be back. On our last trip to WDW in Sept. DH and I talked about how much we missed the cruise so we decided to book one for '09. We're leaving for Hawaii at the end of the month so that's going to be our big trip this year. After finding out where DCL was heading to in '09, we decided on one of the special cruises and St. Croix! Well, I better go. I can't wait to meet you and your family and hear from other cruisers scheduled to sail out Nov. 7th!!!
Bridget

Hi Bridget, my family is currently booked on a May '09 Magic cruise but I have been thinking of moving the date due to my stepdaughter's graduation next year and the amount of days my dd would have to miss school to travel to the cruise + graduation...anyhow, we were looking at switching to either this cruise (absences in the next school year) or January '09 when dd has 2 days off school. I was curious as to how you liked cruising in January (Eastern Caribbean). We were concerned about rough seas and being too cold to swim...can you give us any advice? Thanks!
itutorfortravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #53
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone

We are scheduled for the Dec 5th St. Croix cruise, but are probably are going to be switching over to this cruise. I just e-mailed my TA about switching.

It will be myself- Vicki, my husband Marty and our 4 kids ---DD Adriane 11, DS Zach 7, DD Stephanie 5 and DS Isaac 2.

We have cruised on 3 and 4 nite cruises before and are cruising this Dec. on a 4 nite, but have never been on a 7 night cruise before. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone on this cruise.

Talk to everyone soon!

Vicki

Its kinda fun to do the impossible!
~Walt Disney

Me DH DD(16) DS(11) DD(10) DS(7) DS (4) and DS (1)
mvlimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #54
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

Well it doesn't look like this cruise is going to work out for us like we hoped it would. (bummer) We were hoping to switch to this date from Dec. , but the price has gonne up quite a bit even with the 10% discount from booking onboard.

Oh well if something changes--I will let you know....but otherwise have a great cruise in Nov. 09" .

Vicki

Its kinda fun to do the impossible!
~Walt Disney

Me DH DD(16) DS(11) DD(10) DS(7) DS (4) and DS (1)
mvlimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #55
lanand3
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I just booked for Nov.2009 Eastern to St Croix
It seems so far away but hoping to get to "know"some people before then! I am sailing w/my DH and 3 kids who will be 6ds 6dd and 11dd.The kids do not know yet as we are going to wdw in may09 for 8 nights so I will wait until after that trip to tell them,but honestly I am more excited about the cruise than WDW!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #56
Silly Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanand3 View Post
Hi everyone! I just booked for Nov.2009 Eastern to St Croix
It seems so far away but hoping to get to "know"some people before then! I am sailing w/my DH and 3 kids who will be 6ds 6dd and 11dd.The kids do not know yet as we are going to wdw in may09 for 8 nights so I will wait until after that trip to tell them,but honestly I am more excited about the cruise than WDW!!!
Welcome!!! I am keeping it a secret from my kiddos too... but only until Christmas... I don't know how you'll hold out till May! Still so exciting. My dd will be 12 on this cruise, hopefully as it gets closer in time we can get a kids chat going so they can know some "friends" beforehand.

We're doing a land/sea this November and I think we're all more excited for the cruise part!! HAHA!! Not that we're not looking forward to the World of course. Just something new!

Have you been to WDW or on DCL before?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #57
Silly Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvlimmex View Post
Well it doesn't look like this cruise is going to work out for us like we hoped it would. (bummer) We were hoping to switch to this date from Dec. , but the price has gonne up quite a bit even with the 10% discount from booking onboard.

Oh well if something changes--I will let you know....but otherwise have a great cruise in Nov. 09" .

Vicki
Sorry it didn't work out for this date, Vicki. At least you've still got a date booked... hey anytime we can cruise it's all good, right?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #58
lanand3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Welcome!!! I am keeping it a secret from my kiddos too... but only until Christmas... I don't know how you'll hold out till May! Still so exciting. My dd will be 12 on this cruise, hopefully as it gets closer in time we can get a kids chat going so they can know some "friends" beforehand. I agree

We're doing a land/sea this November and I think we're all more excited for the cruise part!! HAHA!! Not that we're not looking forward to the World of course. Just something new!

Have you been to WDW or on DCL before?
We went to wdw for the 1st time this past May and and just instantly loved it.The best trip EVER! We have never been on DCL before.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #59
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

Hey Everyone just wanted to let you know we ended up cancelling this cruise... we are going this Nov.1, 2008 on the Disney Magic for the Western and decided to skip this cruise in 2009 and just stay at our Disney Timeshare and spend a week at the parks. Our kids will be out of school the week before this cruise leaves and I really don't want them missing a whole week of school. Hope everyone has a great time.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #60
Higgie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerzFan View Post
Hello from Central Florida. Just got off The Wonder last week - our first 3-nighter - with a group of 12 family members. Much, much too short and rebooked onboard for this MAGICal cruise. Not 100% sure this date will stick but gotta start somewhere... plus we were lucky enough to snag a SPH stateroom. Definitely planning on sneaking in a FL resident rate cruise before this one....18 months in between cruises is too long for my sanity!
Attention, The Higgins' are ready to come back to the Disney Cruise for thier pancakes at Palo!

Cruises:
Disney Wonder, Land and Sea 9/12/2004
Eastern Cruise: 11/9/2009

Disney:
Pop Century 2005
Contemporary 2007
Dolphin: 2008
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: