Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #1501
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
wow guys I am so excited 6 weeks left to go. And we are on page 100.

So I have been running all day. I think I am so over shopping. I really can't believe I said that but I am. I think Tim might ban me from Kohls.

But we baught a new car/Suv today. We got a nissan murano. I just love it. I am soooo super excited and happy to have a new car.

I hope everyone is doing ok. But I had a ? are we still cutting off the FE sign up list at one month before the cruise? I really need to make sure I get everything done for the cruise and only have one more weekend that Nate will be gone. Since I am working on this when he is gone since everything is a surprise. I dont want to be rude or upset people but that is what we originaly discussed and wondered if that was ok or what do you guys feel like you want to do.

Also I posted a ? about the scrapbook swap...how many are you guys making for so I know and can get it done all at once.

Sorry for all of the questions. Hope everyone has a great night.
Hi Traci,

well as far as i know there is a 30 day cut off for FE.
But for myself I always make a couple of extra items just in case.

I would feel aweful if a family booked late and their kids were really looking forward to this and I said NO you cant. That just doesnt seem right to me.
I do understand people who are making things need to have a cut off date but if we get new people why not give them something different.

It would be so easy to even get post cards on board, a few pieces of candy, a few disney pencils, just soemthing very simple and inexpensive to make a family have amore magical cruise.
To me thats what it is all about. Making alittle extra magic for people on the cruise. Just because they may of booked late or are new to cruising and just found the thread they shouldnt be left out if they really want to participate.

Only my opinion.

Last cruise was a nice family with one little girl.. I week before the cruise and the child really wanted to do this. I told a few people and then bought a couple extra treats on board and she got alittle something everyday.
She was so excited and her mom thanked me over and over again for making her 5 year olds first cruise so special. Se did give a gift to everyone too.

So its not up to me, but if it was I would say have the cut off for home made things, but dont leave someone out just because they are late arrivals. It is too easy to get alittle something for them.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #1502
platamama
Mouseketeer

Welcome, clukas! And also welcome to the other relative "newcomers" whom I haven't said hi to yet. I've been reading the boards but not posting very often.

Gail - loved those soccer shots. Your DS looks almost acrobatic. I've played soccer off and on, mostly on, for the past 28 years and played keeper for over 10 years and I'm pretty sure I never looked like that!

Kathy - I'd hate to hear you got badly hurt in one of your dogs' cat-chasing episodes. My dog was a big-time puller (not so much now since she's 15) and I swear by the Gentle Leader head collar, it works like a charm. It's nothing like a choke collar, instead it goes kind of around their muzzle below their eyes and right behind the ears. Dogs go where their nose points, so with the Gentle Leader if they start to pull ahead then their nose gets pulled toward the ground and backwards (I guess kind of like a bit with horses - but nothing here is in the mouth of the dog). It doesn't interfere with opening/closing the mouth at all; it's not a muzzle. The dog needs to have a decent length muzzle though - it doesn't work on a smash faced dog. I highly recommend it.

Traci - congrats on getting a new car. Boy, you have had a ton of life changes recently, congratulations on all of them!

Have a good weekend everybody,
Theresa
platamama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 04:18 AM   #1503
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTraci View Post
Also I posted a ? about the scrapbook swap...how many are you guys making for so I know and can get it done all at once.

So far, there are seven people signed up:

Traci - Pirate
Linda - Souvenirs from the Ship
Laurie - Fun at the Beach
Silly Little Pixie (Christine) - Sail Away Party
Stampin Shauna -
Minnie Mouse -
Dale & Bob - Fish Extenders

I thought I'd make 10, in case some new people signed up. But if y'all want to cut it off at the 7, it's ok with me. What do you think? We leave out of here October 30th, so I MUST be done before that.

Kathy, OMG you MUST take care of yourself. But you did the right thing to yell at them - it's establishing you as a pack leader. Apparently, ya gotta run a tight ship, with dogs. hope your finger feels better soon.

Shauna, THANK YOU for reposting the links! Even I can remember page 100. maybe

Happy Day, all!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #1504
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone. Damp and sort of chilly (50) this morning but it is supposed to be a nice day. I am trying to enjoy what nice weather we have left before that 4 letter work starts to fall, as it will, all too soon.

Kathy - be careful and if it continues to hurt, you may want to have an xray.

I need to do a bit of housework today. Laundry is pretty much done but the vacuum needs to be run. Joy! Joy! I had also thought about making a batch of chocolate chip cookies but that just sounds like too much work right now.

I will check back later.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #1505
Laurie from London
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone

I am okay keeping the FE list open, as Kathy said we can always do something different for any last minute people. I was going to make 30 of my homemade gifts and then if there are latecomers, I will do something easier.

And for the scrap swap, I think 10 is a good number, that way a few more can join if they want to , and if not, I'm sure we will use the extra stuff ourselves anyway.

I was working at our multiple birth group's mom to mom sale this weekend, we do it twice a year. We had 53 families selling, all of whom have lots of kids, so it was huge as you can imagine. Hundreds of people line up to come and shop, it's something to see. I got rid of some stuff too, which is always good. I think I came home with more than I sold though DH is not too impressed, as his goal in life is to de-clutter our lives.

Now all of my September craziness is over, so I can get back to obsessively planning for our cruise!

Cleaning and getting sorted out today, kids to karate, groceries, laundry, you know the drill!

Have a great day everyone.

WDW Honeymoon June 1997
WDW January 2008
DCL Magic November 2009
Laurie from London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #1506
stampinshauna
Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line--Been there, done that, GOING BACK!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Looks like we'll have a couple of beautiful 80 degree days and then a cold front is moving in and will bring 50. I wish we'd get some 70s and 60s in between. The fall leaves are beautiful right now, after church we're going to drive up the canyon and take some pictures.

I just logged onto DCLs website and it said 41 days until your cruise. Hooray!
WDW 5/10, 2/10, 11/09, 10/08, 2/07, 10/05, 10/04, 1/04, 5/99, 2/86

DVC Member since 12/05

stampinshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #1507
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone,

we are 40 this morning But suppose to be nice this afternoon.
The stray cat was out early again this morning so i didnt get the girls out right away and they really needed to "GO" so I went out and tried to shoo him away but he just hunkered down trying to disappear in the grass.
Then I lucked out and the Host was walking his dog and that scared the cat away this time. So I took my girls out. Pixie ran from one end to the other end of the field sniffing. She knew where that cat had been. But all went well.

We did try the gentle lead halter, didnt help. Usually they both do really well, just cats throw them off. With another dog they will get excited but will sit and stay if commanded to do so. If i say NO they wont try to go to see the other dog. They play very well with other dogs. Just a problem when it comes to cats.

At least my finger is better today. Just kind of stiff and bruised but can easily use ot today. YEAH!!

Greg got his mom all moved into the mobile home yesterday and will take a load over to her storage unit this morning and do a few little things for her before coming home today. It still feels strange to have my MIL in my moms place. of course she bought it so its not moms anymore. I am so glad it is still in the family.

I am almost done with my FE gifts this weekend. A couple didnt come out as good as the others so will throw them away and make new ones. This will sound odd but to finish them I need a day with no wind.
Figure that one out people

There are still a few of you I need room numbers from
Thankyou,

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #1508
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

I forgot, next week is door sign designing

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 09-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #1509
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

Hi all. We went to the NE Podcast meet yesterday. Met a lot of very nice DISers and saw the Christmas Carol train. The movie looks awesome and everyone seemed to think it would be shown on the ship.

As we were having lunch I was struck by a sudden urge to go to Disapalooza in December. When it was first announced we decided not to go since we'll be in FL for the cruise in Nov and a week at the World in January while I am down for a conference. The deal was sealed when I found $212 roundtrips on Southwest. Disapalooza here we come.

I have been working on some T-shirts. I post them later today.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #1510
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

That's a really good fare, Scott! Good for you that you'll get to go in December, too.

A day without wind, Kathy? Hmm. You're trying to harvest your Pixie Dust plants without the wind blowing the dust away?
Old 09-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #1511
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
That's a really good fare, Scott! Good for you that you'll get to go in December, too.

A day without wind, Kathy? Hmm. You're trying to harvest your Pixie Dust plants without the wind blowing the dust away?

Good guess but no dice

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 09-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #1512
GoofyTraci
DIS Veteran

Well guys I might not have to many fans after this message but I wanted to say that I do understand late sign ups for the FE and yes I dont want to leave anyone out. But originally we discussed the cut off at 30 days. This is going to be a really rough month with getting stuff done and I only have one more weekend to get things done when Nathan is not here.

So with keeping the list open I am having to update it in two places each time there is a change or add on and though some may not think but it is a lot of work. As I can't update it at work and have to have my flash drive avail to do it. This is my first cruise and I think I have done well with keeping things up as this is all new to me.

So at thirty days or so if someone wants to take over the list at that time I will pass it along if you want to keep it open. Let me know I am sorry if some get upset with me. But i want to be honest as I have come to really enjoy getting to know you guys and I dont want to upset people if I am not able to get to make changes and updates reguarly. Let me know what everyone wants me to do. Agian sorry if I upset people.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #1513
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Traci, no reason for anyone to be upset. We all have busy lives and limited time. Accept me. My weeks are not busy, only weekends. I am retired.

I really appreciate you keeping track for us. Maybe when the cut fof date comes you could e-mail me the list and I'll attach it to the CM list then if there needs to be a change it will be easy for me to do and will send out a final list to everyone before the cruise.
Plus on the CM list most people have stated if they were doing this or not.

I am happy to help out and since I have free time it is only locgical that i do it for you.
Just let me know

I am amazed you have been able to keep this a secret from Nathan all this time. That has to be hard to do.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #1514
SplashMountainManiac
DIS Veteran

No worries. Thanks for doing all the work so far. If everyone decides they would like to keep it open closer to sailing I am more than happy to take it on. Let me know what everyone would like to do.

"To be on the deck of a great ship on a star-filled night in the middle of a great ocean is as close to magic as there ever is" Michael Eisner
Past Cruises: Disney Wonder, Bahamas June'06; Disney Wonder, Bahamas December '06; NCL Pride of Hawaii, Hawaii June '07; Disney Wonder, Bahamas September '07; RCI Navigator of the Seas, W. Caribbean December '07;Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera June '08;RCI Navigator of the Seas, W. Caribbean November'08;Disney Magic, W. Caribbean March '09;Celebrity Infinity, Alaska July '09;Disney Wonder, Bahamas August 13th '09;Disney Magic, E. Caribbean November 14th '09;Disney Wonder, Bahamas January 14th '10;Disney Magic, W. Caribbean March 6th '10;Disney Magic, Meditteranean May 5th '10; Disney Wonder, Bahamas October 3rd '10; Disney Wonder, E. Caribbean December 30th '10; Disney Wonder, Bahamas December 19th '10; Disney Magic, E. Caribbean December 30th '11; Disney Fantasy, W. Caribbean May 12th '12; Disney Dream, Bahamas, December 19th '12; Disney Dream, Bahamas February 28th '13

Planned Cruises: Disney Fantasy, W. Caribbean October 12th '13
SplashMountainManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #1515
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

See Traci,

you already have 2 volunteers to help you. Thanks Mike.

Just give either one of us a heads up when the time comes.

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: