Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #136
iamdaisyduck
Donald Ducks Main Squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
We have never done the BTB so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I am thrilled that there won't be any competition in the laundry room as I will be doing my laundry during the turn around I hope.

DSIL was very happy to be able to get to Key West. It isn't one of my favorite stops but that is because both times I was there it was really hot (read really, REALLY HOT!!) and humid. We took the trolley tour the last time and I enjoyed that but the first time we walked all the way to the southern most point and that is a pretty far hike. But, we bar stopped/hopped on the way back and that was very interesting. Remember, my children are all older so that was possible.

My DH lost his job over a year ago and along with his health issues, it has been a challenge but we own DVC so I what can I do??? Yep - a BTB sounds good to me.

We own DVC as well We also went to Key West when we did our first Disney Cruise in May 2007 and it was really REALLY HOT as well! Not a fun experience at all. The weather was definately better this time around so that's a plus.
iamdaisyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #137
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Link to enter our info found and it has been completed. I didn't go forward far from post 401 and there it was. Geez, it appears we are the oldsters - but not by much. Don't care - I am going on a cruise! I am wearing a smile that won't come off anytime soon. Just love having something to plan. Not only am I a compulsive planner - I am a charter memeber of overpackers anonymous and I DO ship a box to the port too.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #138
minniemouse71
Mouseketeer

Some sad, and some good news.

My daughter and my grandchildren had to cancel this cruise. Just wasn't going to work out for them this time. I am really gonna miss them. The good news is that I just found out that glindamood is on this cruise too. We sailed with them on the 11 day cruise a couple oof years ago and had a great time. Only a year to go!!
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Vickie

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the 11 day cruise icon at the bottom of my posts?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #139
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse71 View Post
My daughter and my grandchildren had to cancel this cruise. Just wasn't going to work out for them this time. I am really gonna miss them. The good news is that I just found out that glindamood is on this cruise too. We sailed with them on the 11 day cruise a couple oof years ago and had a great time. Only a year to go!!
Vickie

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the 11 day cruise icon at the bottom of my posts?
I'm sorry that didn't work out!! Glad you'll still be there, though. Cool that you know someone already from before!

I have convinced my inlaws to join us on this cruise, and will book for them when I am on the Wonder starting Sunday!! It will be their first cruise ever.

Christine
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #140
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse71 View Post
Vickie

that is too bad about your kids......now you can go wild (LOL)!

Isnt it great how the people get to know each other from cruise to cruise.
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #141
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, other than I don't have to get off Saturday other than to check in for the following cruise (I really don't mean to rub that in but it is an awesome feeling) I think St. Croix. That is a new port for us and I love to explore.

DH and I did our first cruise in 2000 on the Magic, and have sailed at least once each year (just did the Oct 4 on the Magic) except for last year. DH had to have a spinal fusion and we had to cancel our family reunion cruise on the Wonder over Thanksgiving. Everyone else went and had a great time - and missed us some I imagine too. I hate making Thanksgiving dinner for 2.

I need to go back and look through the previous posts. Are we doing Fish Extender gifts, Secret Mickey's or anything else special planned? Gee, you would think we were sailing next week!
Have you done much research into St Croix yet - any excursion that sounds good?

I have been to St Thomas - not that exciting of a place as I am not really into shopping but hopefully we can do something on the water
Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #142
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have never done the BTB so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I am thrilled that there won't be any competition in the laundry room as I will be doing my laundry during the turn around I hope.

DSIL was very happy to be able to get to Key West. It isn't one of my favorite stops but that is because both times I was there it was really hot (read really, REALLY HOT!!) and humid. We took the trolley tour the last time and I enjoyed that but the first time we walked all the way to the southern most point and that is a pretty far hike. But, we bar stopped/hopped on the way back and that was very interesting. Remember, my children are all older so that was possible.

My DH lost his job over a year ago and along with his health issues, it has been a challenge but we own DVC so I what can I do??? Yep - a BTB sounds good to me.
We went to Key West in October 2007 and it was brutally hot! I had hoped that we could walk but we wound up taking the trolly down to Southern Point - and it was kind of disappointing. I had got excited abotu Key Lime pie on a stick but didnt like - the kids did though. So I just had the old fashioned Key Lime Pie - and that was delicious!

What does your husband do for a living? Any good prospects for work? That must be really difficult for your family.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #143
iamdaisyduck
Donald Ducks Main Squeeze

I found a link on Trip Advisor about St. Croix, what I like about trip advisor is that it's written by actual travelers and not people trying to promote something.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...n_Islands.html
iamdaisyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #144
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Oooh and YEA, I booked our vow renewal today for this cruise on Castaway Cay!!!! Woohoooo!!! Unfortunately, Kathy from Disney called back while I was at my hair appointment. I had told the kids not to answer the phone. When I initially called DFTW, I specified that they weren't to say they were from Disney Weddings since my kids don't even know about this cruise yet. Just say Kathy from Disney.

Guess who didn't get that part of the message???!!!!!!!!!!!

So yep, she left a long old voicemail on our answering machine about our cruise date, vow renewal, blah blah blah. Oh &%$#! Hopefully, my kids didn't really pay attention to it as she left it... But DD did tell me that someone had called and left a message. This is the kids Christmas gift so I really didn't want them to know yet! Arrggg. Well, if they ask I'll just play it off that I was checking into the dates but that it was too much money...

Christine
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #145
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdaisyduck View Post
I found a link on Trip Advisor about St. Croix, what I like about trip advisor is that it's written by actual travelers and not people trying to promote something.

Thanks for the link! Cruise critic is a good source as well - I have used it multiple times and always found it a good source.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #146
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdaisyduck View Post

I have used that web site before and always found it pretty reliable.

Some pretty cool activities that I will have to read more as we get closer to the date
Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #147
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Oooh and YEA, I booked our vow renewal today for this cruise on Castaway Cay!!!! Woohoooo!!! Unfortunately, Kathy from Disney called back while I was at my hair appointment. I had told the kids not to answer the phone. When I initially called DFTW, I specified that they weren't to say they were from Disney Weddings since my kids don't even know about this cruise yet. Just say Kathy from Disney.

Guess who didn't get that part of the message???!!!!!!!!!!!

So yep, she left a long old voicemail on our answering machine about our cruise date, vow renewal, blah blah blah. Oh &%$#! Hopefully, my kids didn't really pay attention to it as she left it... But DD did tell me that someone had called and left a message. This is the kids Christmas gift so I really didn't want them to know yet! Arrggg. Well, if they ask I'll just play it off that I was checking into the dates but that it was too much money...

Christine
I hope so for your sake - I dont know how you can keep it from your kids - you have stronger resolve then I as I just love talking about the cruise.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #148
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

cruise questions

I can probably ask this on the main board but I thought I would see if you guys know the answers first:

1. we were on the cruise in October 2007 - will teh kids activities have changed much by November 2009?

2. as a returning person I get to book my Palo and excursions early - does anyone know the date we can book?

3. Can I book Palo everynight if I wanted to or can I only choose 1 night?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #149
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
I can probably ask this on the main board but I thought I would see if you guys know the answers first:

1. we were on the cruise in October 2007 - will teh kids activities have changed much by November 2009?

2. as a returning person I get to book my Palo and excursions early - does anyone know the date we can book?

3. Can I book Palo everynight if I wanted to or can I only choose 1 night?
1 - I have no feedback for you on that as I have no children that use the clubs.

2. - 90 days out we can book. The way I tell is to pull my reservation up and look at the online booking "stuff". The date in that is 90 days.

3. - You may book one brunch and one dinner in Palo - they ask for all names now. You can't book for anyone whose ressie is not tied to yours.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #150
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

1 more year

Happy 1 year Anniversary until the Cruise

YEAH

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: