Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Dismom+two
Dh and I always refer to it as "The Almighty Boards"
Wanted: Warm fuzzy feelings
I am still walking...haven't dropped yet
Almost left the bookstore without her lapdance

Christmas cookie recipes??

I am getting excited about baking for Christmas...can you share your favorite cookie recipe???
Dismom+two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Ricotta cookies!!!!

Ricotta Cheese Cookies

2 cups of sugar
1/2 pound butter or margarine
15 ounce carton of Ricotta cheese
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons baking soda
Frosting: 4oz cream cheese
2 teaspoons butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream well together sugar, butter or margarine, ricotta cheese, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture, mix well. Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until light brown on bottom (about 10 minutes). Cool, then ice with frosting. Frosting; cream cheese, 2 teaspoons butter, confectioners sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Dip in red and green sprinkles.

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/cat0001.html is a great holiday site to find cookie recipes and activities!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Disney Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Dismom+two

OHHHH Mrs. Disney Ron!! What a way to start!! Those look yummy!!! Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Pixies

12 tbsp Cocoa 4 Eggs
3 tbsp Oil 2 cups Flour
1/4 cup Butter 1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Sugar 1/4 tsp Salt

Beat oil and butter, then add cocoa. Cream sugar and eggs, then add cocoa mixture. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Refigerate for 2 hours. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300º for 15 minutes±.

Bake 15 minutes at 300º.

These are one of my DH's favorites.

Me DH DS 18 DS 7
MickeyWanaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #5
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Grandma's Date Nut Pinwheels

Dough
½ cup Butter
½ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup Sugar
Cream butter and sugars.
Add in the following and beat well.
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 Egg
2 cups Flour
Pinch of salt
Note: Chill the dough before rolling out.

Filling
Cook: 1 box Chopped Dates, 1/3 cup Water, ¼ cup Sugar, dash of Salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup Chopped Pecans.

Roll out dough on floured surface ½ at a time to 10” x 8” rectangle. Spread with ½ filling. Roll up starting on 10” side. Wrap in waxed paper & chill at least 2 hours. Slice about 1/4” thick. Bake on greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes at 400º.

These are my daddy's favorites!

Me DH DS 18 DS 7
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Butter Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tps Almond Extract
2-1/3 cups Flour

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour. Fill cookie press with 1/4 of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles! Bake in preheated 350˚ oven, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool. Makes about 7 dozen cookies. For Christmas we usually make a double batch. They are smallish bite size cookies.

Me DH DS 18 DS 7
Old 11-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #7
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

That is all the Christmas cookie recipies I happen to have on my computer here at work.

We usually make lots and lots of cookies! My mom, sister and I usually get together and make most of the cookies in one weekend. We have so much fun! The past couple of years DS12 has also helped. He loves to cook and bake! We all buy our ingredients and go to either my house or my mom's (we both have double ovens). We have two stand mixers and we usually have atleast 3 (but usually more) kinds of cookies being mixed, baked, chilled or iced at a time. We usually each pick a batch of cookies to make. We then double the batches or make 3 batches in a row if there is a certain kind of cookie one of us likes to make (like I hate rollout cookies and my sister loves it). It speeds things up if you do multiple batches of the same cookies at the time.

This year we are at my mom's house since they just did a complete kitchen remodel and she got the world's coolest double oven. We can have 8 sheets of cookies baking at one time!

When I get time over the next couple of weeks I will add more cookie recipies.

My mom and I are going to get together December 1st (DSis will be out if town) to start making cookies and then we will finish them up on the 10th while the guys are out deer hunting.

Me DH DS 18 DS 7

Last edited by MickeyWanaBe; 09-12-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #8
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Grandma's Butterscotch Haystacks

These are my Dad's all-time favorite, my grandmother always made them with extra cashews!!! These are almost like candy when done. They are a nice filler on a cookie tray.

Butterscotch Haystacks
1 package Butterscotch chips (appx 12 oz)
1 can (10 ounces) cashews
1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles

Melt butterscotch according to package directions. Stir in nuts and noodles. Spoon onto waxed paper and let dry.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Old 11-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
Dismom+two

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWanaBe View Post
Butter Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tps Almond Extract
2-1/3 cups Flour

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour. Fill cookie press with 1/4 of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles! Bake in preheated 350˚ oven, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool. Makes about 7 dozen cookies. For Christmas we usually make a double batch. They are smallish bite size cookies.
I do these...ok TRY and do these with my cookie press....and I get so aggrivated with them...they either stick to the cookie sheet...stick to the cookie press...just don't do what they are suppose to!!
Do you have any tips?? I even try to chill the dough and it STILL doesn't work!!! HELP ME!!!

I have good memories of my Nanas cookies and I want to be able to make them too.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
Dismom+two

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWanaBe View Post
That is all the Christmas cookie recipies I happen to have on my computer here at work.

We usually make lots and lots of cookies! My mom, sister and I usually get together and make most of the cookies in one weekend. We have so much fun! The past couple of years DS12 has also helped. He loves to cook and bake! We all buy our ingredients and go to either my house or my mom's (we both have double ovens). We have two stand mixers and we usually have atleast 3 (but usually more) kinds of cookies at being mixed, baked, chilled or iced at a time. We usually each pick a batch of cookies to make. We then double the batches or make 3 batches in a row if there is a certain kind of cookie one of us does like to make (like I hate rollout cookies and my sister loves it). It speeds things up if you do multiple batches of the same cookies at the time.

This year we are at my mom's house since they just did a complete kitchen remodel and she got the world's coolest double oven. We can have 8 sheets of cookies baking at one time!

When I get time over the next couple of weeks I will add more cookie recipies.

My mom and I are going to get together December 1st (DSis will be out if town) to start making cookies and then we will finish them up on the 10th while the guys are out deer hunting.
Staci...this sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish my sister and I could do this but she lives too far away! Of course...I guess I COULD drive down there for a weekend and do it....Hmmmm have to think about this more.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Me again...last one!

Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup Crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Quick oatmeal
2 eggs
1 package of butterscotch chips (or chocolate)
1 cup chopped nuts

Cream crisco and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Sift together flour, salt, and soda, add to mixture. Add oatmeal , butterscotch chips and nuts. Drop spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until brown. Cool slightly and remove from pan.

This is another one of my grandmother's that my brothers love!
I am glad the Disneymom+two started this thread, thanks!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 AM   #12
Dismom+two

Yummmmy they all look so good!!! On that last one...what kind of nuts do YOU use? I usually don't like to put nuts in anything I bake...but if I do...what would you suggest?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 AM   #13
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

choco nut cookies

1 ¾ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter or margarine, softened
⅓ cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence (NOT flavouring)
1 cup plain (semi-sweet) chocolate morsels, melted

Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Fan 160C. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix well. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and peanut butter until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla, stir in melted chocolate. Add flour mixture and mix well. Drop scoops or dessertspoons of dough onto baking sheets about 2” apart. Flatten balls slightly (you can add chopped peanut butter cups or M&Ms to the top if you wish). Bake for 18-20 minutes until cookies are almost set and cracked on top (should still be moist – do not overbake!) Cool for 3-5 minutes on tray before moving to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely- if you can! Perfect with a glass of milk!

Makes about 18 BIIIIG cookies

These are nice, but I have another Christmas cookie recipe which I make only at Christmas (unless I'm asked VERY nicely ) but I don't have it on my work PC. I'll try to post it from home, but I might need time to actually type it in.
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #14
Disney Ron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismom+two View Post
Yummmmy they all look so good!!! On that last one...what kind of nuts do YOU use? I usually don't like to put nuts in anything I bake...but if I do...what would you suggest?
I usually use walnuts, but I have substituted pecans.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 AM   #15
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismom+two View Post
I do these...ok TRY and do these with my cookie press....and I get so aggrivated with them...they either stick to the cookie sheet...stick to the cookie press...just don't do what they are suppose to!!
Do you have any tips?? I even try to chill the dough and it STILL doesn't work!!! HELP ME!!!

I have good memories of my Nanas cookies and I want to be able to make them too.
I too have some problems once in a while with them sticking to the press. This usually happens when I get too much or too little dough. I have the Pampered Chef cookie press and the perfect cookie squeeze is one and a half clicks. Just experiment with it and if they aren't right just scrape them up and throw them back in the bowl and try again. HTH

Me DH DS 18 DS 7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: