Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #121
awaldo
Mouseketeer

Me Too!

I've gotta join in. My parents took us there around 7 times before I was 18. We went once in college, once after marriage. We both love WDW. Now with our DD, it has gotten so much better. I did my best to "brainwash" DD early so she wouldn't have any problem wanting to go, ever. I only feel fulfilled when I know we have another trip on the horizon.

We love cruising too, so always have a problem when deciding where to vacation, although recently WDW has been winning.

I'm just glad to meet other men like me. I thought I was broken or something.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #122
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastawayJP View Post
Finally a way for us Men to bond over the DIS! I'm in if you'll have me. My wife and I are new fanatics (since our first DCL cruise in April), but we are afflicted! This will be an almost all Disney Christmas for DD 8 and DD 10 months.

If I could I would change the horn on my car to the Magic or Wonder horn! We want to get vanity plates for our cars... Magic and Wonder!

Now all I have to do is convince her to let me buy in to DVC!

My addition to the qualifications...

When you walk into the Disney Store the employees shout your name like Norm in Cheers!
If you go to J. C. Whitney they sell a programmable electronic horn for about $40.00 then you just use the wave file that is on the castaway club shoreside survival CD. It's great when hit it on the highway people jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaldo View Post
I've gotta join in. My parents took us there around 7 times before I was 18. We went once in college, once after marriage. We both love WDW. Now with our DD, it has gotten so much better. I did my best to "brainwash" DD early so she wouldn't have any problem wanting to go, ever. I only feel fulfilled when I know we have another trip on the horizon.

We love cruising too, so always have a problem when deciding where to vacation, although recently WDW has been winning.

I'm just glad to meet other men like me. I thought I was broken or something.
First welcome aboard! then "cruise with the mouse" Disney Cruise Lines ROCKS!!!

my wife and I have done 5 cruises with DCL and have three more booked
the next one up is the 15 night repo cruise from Fl. to the west coast through the canal.
05/10/08 then 09/27/08 for our anniversary, then 09/??/09 with a bunch of our DIS friends from the repo cruise JOIN us anytime
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #123
awaldo
Mouseketeer

Disney Cruise

We've been on 5 as well. It's a good compromise!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #124
CastawayJP
Proud to have introduced HydroFlask to the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARuss View Post
This has been great therapy.
BTW love your siggy GEAUX TIGERS!!!
GO BUCKS!

Sorry... had to add that!
Past Cruises: 4/07 Wonder, 7/07 Wonder, 11/07 Wonder, 5/08 Wonder, 11/08 Magic (Western), 6/10 Wonder (5 night), 08/11 Magic (7 night Med), 2/14 Dream
Old 12-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #125
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastawayJP View Post
GO BUCKS!

Sorry... had to add that!
Since you're a fellow Disney Dad, I'll let that one slide.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #126
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

I would like to join

I think I would qualify the numbers for me are 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 18, 19, 22, 25, 27, 29, 31, 32, 36, 37, 39, 45, 46, 48, 49, 50. Twenty six out of 50 is not bad and I am sure I can add more in a few weeks since I am getting my 1st Ipod. How many members do we have now? I agree how can you get your wife to enjoy these trips? I am 46 and my wife swears I have the adrenelin (sorry on spelling) of a 12 year old on these trips. My last trip with my sons from the 1st marriage. I was 44 and my sons were 19, 14 and I outpaced them every single day. It was in the summer and they were from Texas me from Ohio and they were amazed at how their "old" dad outpaced them. My next trip is not till 2009 but I am starting to go full scale in planning. What can I say it is a obsession. My office is like a shrine to Disney and it gets bigger and bigger each year. My wife jokes I may need a new office some day.

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #127
Fellowship9798
The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face
I'm holding out for something in California

I'll admit to about 30 of the items on the current list, so I guess I qualify. I'm a life long Disney guy and a former CM too. It's great having kids now because I get to share it with them as well as having an excuse for all the people who ask why I'm going back again. It's for the kids! Although the people who know me best know not to believe that.

I'm just back from a great 12 night stay at the BWV followed by 3 days at Vero Beach. In accordance with the club qualifications list I am already working on plans for our return to WDW next October.

I was so proud a couple of days ago when my 2.5 year old son, within 24 hours of coming home, told my wife that he would much rather be back at Epcot instead of our house.

Step 1: Convert girlfriend (now wife) into Disney fan. MISSION COMPLETE
Step 2: Brainwash my firstborn to similar state. MISSION COMPLETE
Step 3: Brainwash second child before she knows any better. MISSION COMPLETE

What's next? Work on the dog?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #128
drakethib

DIS Veteran

Please sign me up.

Initially I was the one who griped when my wife wanted to go to WDW.

Now I am the one asking when is our next trip.

Our daughter has only made me enjoy WDW so much more.

I think we need to add one qualification to your list.

If you have a special savings account that you started when your daughter was born so that she will have a Disney Wedding. (I did)
Old 12-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #129
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Welcome all the New finders of the Thread.

If you found this thread then you most likely belong to the Club already.

Feel free to add the Mascot but there is no need if your Sig is already filled up.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #130
Jack-Jack
DIS Veteran

I'll join.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #131
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Cool Oh Yeah !!!!!!!

Merry Disney Eve to my wife and son ! Also, Merry Disney Eve to any DIS Dad that may be visiting WDW tomorrow. Gentlemen, I hit the WORLD tomorrow and will be a big 300 lb kid grining from ear to ear. Heck, I'm already doing that ! Once again Merry Disney Eve!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #132
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
Merry Disney Eve to my wife and son ! Also, Merry Disney Eve to any DIS Dad that may be visiting WDW tomorrow. Gentlemen, I hit the WORLD tomorrow and will be a big 300 lb kid grining from ear to ear. Heck, I'm already doing that ! Once again Merry Disney Eve!!!!!!!
Man have a great Trip as I know you will. We went this time last year and had just a wondeful time.

We just finished booking our Split summer stay so it's time to really start planning for me.

1974 OS.. 2000 June A-SS.. 2000 Oct OS.. 2001 June ASMo.. 2001 Sept. DL OS.. 2002 July CBR.. 2002 Oct OS.. 2003 Apr/Oct OS.. 2003 June CSR .. 2004 Apr/Oct OS.. 2004 June CBR.. 2005 Apr OS.. 2005 June DL PP.. 2005 Oct MNSSHP PC... 06 Feb 1day DL..2006 June SSR 1st trip home.. 2006 Oct MNSSHP POFQ.. 2006 DEC SSR MVMCP.. 2007 June BCV 1st..2007 Aug VBR 1st..2008 July BWV / AKV ...2009 June VWL/BCV...
[
Old 12-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #133
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Quote:
Man I am jealous, I have 38 days left. It is driving me crazy. I kinda want to hurry through the holidays
Keep us posted. Are you going to do a "man" trip report?? Make sure you get pics with OUR MASCOT

We should come up with a gimic with "our mascot" in the pics each time we get one???? What ya think?
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #134
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARuss View Post
Man I am jealous, I have 38 days left. It is driving me crazy. I kinda want to hurry through the holidays
Keep us posted. Are you going to do a "man" trip report?? Make sure you get pics with OUR MASCOT

We should come up with a gimic with "our mascot" in the pics each time we get one???? What ya think?
You have agreat trip as well I have until July but did get down 4 times last year so who's complaining.

I might try to get him to do the pose like in our Icon for the DDC. It sort of like he's getting frisked by the cops but it might translate good. I may take a small picture and Talk to the Handler 1st. Then we could both line up like that looking over our shoulder ,I may even have to get Goofy Hat with the ears as well.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #135
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Eat a turkey leg in my honor. Have fun.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: