Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #751
Verandah Man
I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & "WONDER"

DF--Safe travels home, report in when you can!!!

"Retired and Loving It!!!"
Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #752
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys, it was a long tour, lots of good, some bad...all in all, I did my job and am set to arrive home safely (satisfying the first rule of Law Enforcement--go home alive)...

I'm beat, I'm going to sleep now

DF
and more

Great news Fed...glad you are safe and sound! Safe trip the rest of the way home! Here's to Saturday afternoon on the ground!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #753
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHDisneyfan View Post
Hey guys i really think I belong in this club, I was able to convince my wife that my 8 month old son would REALLY love a trip to Disney. Im almost all set for our May 3-9 trip with the exception of getting some travel items together and packing.
Welcome to another Pittsburgh DIS Dad...Go PENS! Thought you might enjoy this...

Last edited by minniekissedme; 04-09-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #754
Verandah Man

The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life: Tonight--April 9th 10e/9c on ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4614281&page=1

Last edited by Verandah Man; 04-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #755
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandah Man View Post
The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life: Tonight--April 9th 10e/9c on ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4614281&page=1
I've seen this guy...amazing. He was at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh. It's a helluva story!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #756
PADisFam2
DW is PADISFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hey guys - such a day today...I've been looking for my Disney fix for a long time today. Basically in a conf. room with a customer today in a marathon 8 hr meeting , then dinner with them - or basically just an extension of the meeting with steak involved, and finally back to the hotel. Too many times today was I gazing out that window with the southern exposure thinking about my happy place and wanting to just "take a quick peek" at the DIS! Yeah, right, quick peek my eye. Normal customer visits are not like this one... ugh, usually meet and greets, touring property, and getting a feel for what they can do financially. This one involves a sale/leaseback transaction and multi-million dollar loss on their part. I need a vacation... Oct trip to WDW can't come soon enough!

WELCOME!! to our new Dad's... glad you joined us.

Anxious to hear that Fed is back, safe and sound...
I know the feeling all too well. I spend a good part of every day reviewing quotes, drawings and getting beat down on prices. My territory is the southeastern US which includes you guessed it Orlando. Nothing better than getting to go to Disney on the companies dime. Which is what I did last fall. While a the food and wine festival I took a picture of the ball while listening to the Beach Boys. I keep the picture as my background and when someone asks me what it is, I tell them it is my happy place
Countdown widget say 201 days 3 hrs 56 min. till WDW/AKV

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 PM   #757
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Voting update

24,560 votes for John!!!!!!! Thanks DIS Dad's
Old 04-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #758
Verandah Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniekissedme View Post
24,560 votes for John!!!!!!! Thanks DIS Dad's

That's amazing!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #759
PADisFam2
DW is PADISFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
You guys know what this is???

That's what my base looks like while pulling away in a Helicopter (and also what it looks like when the Blackhawk takes a sharp turn)...

So, just to let you guys know, I'm safely tucked away in the Hilton Kuwaiti Resort in Kuwait---waiting to fly home Friday night (arrive home 1415 Saturday afternoon )

Just in case anyone is wondering, here I am smiling because I'm getting ready to leave.... Not my helo in the background, that's a Brit Bird getting ready to leave...

And smiling before being cancelled the day before Notice the dust in the background!

All smiles Airborn!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it was a long tour, lots of good, some bad...all in all, I did my job and am set to arrive home safely (satisfying the first rule of Law Enforcement--go home alive)...

I'm beat, I'm going to sleep now

DF
I am new to the DisBoard and DDC and am just starting to pick up on some of what has been happening. I now understand your tag line.
I am sure that I speak for every one when I say this.
FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #760
PADisFam2
DW is PADISFAM

Quote:
Welcome to another Pittsburgh DIS Dad...Go PENS! Thought you might enjoy this...

I grew up a fan of old time hockey and the original six. I have a large framed picture hanging over my fire place of Bobby Orr scoring the game winning goal in the 1970 Stanley Cups finals to bring home the cup. I have played, seen and loved hockey my whole life.
After moving to Northwest PA in the late 80's I have been fortunate enough to see what Mario has done both on and off the ice and now Sid. I have grown to not only enjoy watching them, but I have started pulling for them as well. Unless of course they are playing the Bruin's. I agree Pens over Sens in five.

Enjoy the Stanley Cup playoffs

Old 04-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #761
minniekissedme
It's medication time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADisFam2 View Post
I grew up a fan of old time hockey and the original six. I have a large framed picture hanging over my fire place of Bobby Orr scoring the game winning goal in the 1970 Stanley Cups finals to bring home the cup. I have played, seen and loved hockey my whole life.
After moving to Northwest PA in the late 80's I have been fortunate enough to see what Mario has done both on and off the ice and now Sid. I have grown to not only enjoy watching them, but I have started pulling for them as well. Unless of course they are playing the Bruin's. I agree Pens over Sens in five.

Enjoy the Stanley Cup playoffs
This was from a "Penguins at your Service" benefit dinner for Cystic Fibrosis. It's a great evening and the guys are all so gracious. This was two years ago and Sid was awesome. I even handed him my cell phone to talk with my son! What a kick that was!! I got home and he wanted to know who that really was on the phone...he didn't believe me! He talked to Marc Andre Fleury and Mark Recchi, too!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #762
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 04-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #763
Verandah Man

Howdy Mike..........

Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #764
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayRoad View Post
First of all... WHAT!! you've never seen Fantasmic!! You have to see it! It's like saying "oh, I've never tried beer, is it good" or "what's a cheeseburger?" Second, thanks for the tip on the Doom Buggy I'm leaving next week and will report back on the success of knocking on the back.
I will definitely go see fantasmic in November! Oh the shame of not having seen it yet.

Quote:

Sid the kid!!!!! In the regrettable words of Sophie Masloff "Scratch my back with a hacksaw!"
Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #765
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Godspeed Fed!! Glad to hear you're on the way.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: